Combat Tactics

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Combat Tactics

Post by Sparky » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:04 am

I started a new category at HDM where you can discuss combat tactics and show screenshots demonstrating them. There are 4 so far, and they show different angles of the flamethrower projectile from the victim's perspective and show how you can mask an incoming sniped rocket with a fuel rod explosion cloud.
http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/Catego ... at_Tactics
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

ßazùka
Peon

Re: Combat Tactics

Post by ßazùka » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Did you put my image for that?
Back story:
I was helping you when you took that screenshot and i made a screenshot to. (uploaded it on HDM... I think)
Last edited by ßazùka on Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Nope, I used my perspective for those images.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:33 am

I like the tactic:

Pull out pistol.

4 shot to the head.

rinse and repeat.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:36 am

1:Play source engine games.
3:not profit, because you had to pay to get a source engine game.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:27 am

Smythe wrote:I like the tactic:

Pull out pistol.

4 shot to the head.

rinse and repeat.
pistol can be painfully annoying when playing on a completely flat and level terrain (Space Slopes is almost completely flat, but not level). coupled with lag, and you get a situation where you want a different tactic.

repeating is something funny, because it seems players get into 'ruts' of behavior where they strafe in the same direction or do something else where their actions are preDictaBLe, such as following the direction of the enemy (ie, running towards them as they are backing away). not to say there are any variety of moves in the game that are useful against sniping - jumping is practically giving the other person your trajectory, unless you're playing a mod where there is more air-friction-movement-control-thingamabob-whateverit'scalled.

if players are far apart, use sniper
if players are medium-far apart, use a plasma rifle / magnum pistol combination, or a fuel rod/rocket combo, where the fuel rod explosion masks the location of the incoming rocket
if players are a medium distance apart, use a charged plasma pistol / assault rifle combination, or a needler along with grenades
if players are a medium-short distance apart, use a flamethrower, shotgun, rocket launcher, fuel rod, plasma rifle, or assault rifle, with any of those in combination
if players are up-close, use a sword or melee

so for example, you might put those types of weapons in rows between the two teleporters and have the players start with snipers. but then it would basically be a sniper game, so you'd want to increase their health and shields and give the weapons limited ammo. you'd also want to make a barrier of logs in the middle or a bsp pit in the middle that players cannot cross. you'd put the rows of different weapons closer to the center of the map. you might do this with a few hangar walls and some random barriers and other metalic scenery for cover on either side, using my space template map to start.
...waitaminute, did i just give away the directions for making a new mod? :oops:

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:04 am

Far apart- Laugh as you snipe them with the invisible scope on the pistol. Sniper if your host and a beast (me) or a master of lag and know exactly how much to lead by ping so always get headshots (motalev)
Medium- Laugh as you kill them with 4 shots with a pistol. Sniper if you are a beast and want to show off your no scopes (Me) and blinding the enemy with grenades and then running up and meleeing is the best technique. (Motalev)
Close- Laugh as you kill them with 2 headshots with a pistol and a melee. Sniper if you have unlim ammo, or am a beast at no scoping. (me) Flamethrower if you are a poop. (Ghost) and running around throwing grenades and meleeing (Motalev)

thats your combat training. i rarely use anything other then a pistol except for a sniper....
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Far- use pistol.
Med- use AR on bursts, partnered with the pistol. use grenades too.
Close- use AR on bursts, and grenade/melee if out of ammo, or switch weapons.

The AR is good if you know how to use it. I can beat snipers at med range with them.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:01 am

The ayare is a funny guy
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 am

Divine wrote:The ayare is a funny guy
He Fights At Close Quarters and doesn't afraid of anything?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:26 pm

Smythe wrote:
Divine wrote:The ayare is a funny guy
He Fights At Close Quarters and doesn't afraid of anything?
Life much?
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.