Time bombs

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Reddy
Peon

Time bombs

Post by Reddy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:16 pm

I dont know if someone already thought of this but what if someone were to make a mine that detonates when u press a key or a grenade that detonates when you press a key just a thought :wink:
Reddy is red with dy at the end. Bet you didn't know that did you?

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:18 pm

this could be scripted easy as a delay script

you would have to delay teh timmer on the nade and make it so that when a flashlight button is pushed it explodes
TsGh

Reddy
Peon

Post by Reddy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:20 pm

how would i make it so when i push the flashlight button it explodes?

Shodos
Veteran

Post by Shodos » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:37 pm

bump delay script, lets hear more of this flashlight stuff.

Not Conure

Post by Not Conure » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:24 pm

Wait... what?!
I fell i have lectured to (at) you (tyler) on this point before. Scripts can NOT reference dynamic objects such as grenades when they are thrown, they can only references objects in the scenario at time of scripting.

not NOT conure

Post by not NOT conure » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Not Conure wrote:Wait... what?!
I fell i have lectured to (at) you (tyler) on this point before. Scripts can NOT reference dynamic objects such as grenades when they are thrown, they can only references objects in the scenario at time of scripting.
umm... So, you can only script stationary objects. not dynamic objects like grenades and bullets? speakin o' wich, is there a version of your scripter that works on powerpc? only one i can find is intel only :?

Not Conure

Not Conure

Post by Not Conure » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:39 pm

i think the update method i use for scripter will only work on intel...sorry
Also dont do the not "Not conure" or i will have to log in D=.

Also yes bout the non-dynamic object part, all things in game must be named for script use and there is no way to name something dynamically..... You can still do a lot though, i run a server on halo full that uses scripted maps and i would invite you to come play sometime its called "Modded, lolwut?" (i like that name...). You can still do much with scripts but there is a lot you cant do.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:29 am

you talk to yourself alought and u can inport the grenade as scen
TsGh

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Could someone send me a link to this scripter thing???
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Reddy
Peon

Post by Reddy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 pm

how can i make it so that it explodes when i press the flash light button ? :?: :?: :?: :?:

conure

Post by conure » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Tyler777 wrote:You talk to yourself a lot, and u can import the grenade as scenery.
Also you lie and claim to know a lot about shit you know jack squat about.

Scripts are not the answer here, they will NOT work for dynamic objects such as grenades that are thrown and not in the scenario when it is loaded. Once you have proven yourself as a scripter you can talk, but until then don't lie and cause confusion.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:51 pm

conure wrote:
Tyler777 wrote:You talk to yourself a lot, and u can import the grenade as scenery.
Also you lie and claim to know a lot about shit you know jack squat about.

Scripts are not the answer here, they will NOT work for dynamic objects such as grenades that are thrown and not in the scenario when it is loaded. Once you have proven yourself as a scripter you can talk, but until then don't lie and cause confusion.
2 things, 1 i know i am too, but ur a newbie... and 2 it should work in scenario, if you import the grenade as scenery everything should be fine
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

conure

Post by conure » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:03 pm

ghosts wrote: 2 things, 1 i know i am too, but ur a newbie... and 2 it should work in scenario, if you import the grenade as scenery everything should be fine
1. i been modding for the last 3 or 4 years bud, for instance ever see those .ent plugins in eschaton? Ya i made those.....

2. It doesnt matter if it can be imported, when you throw a grenade you create a unique instance of that grenade in the map that is unnamed. Scripts refer to map objects by a set of names you can make in the scenario, then assign by way of indexs to objects in the map that are in the map sense loading, i.e. not dynamic creation.

i will give you one way i can see it as possible to make a remote projectile. Attaching a projectile to a gun/biped function that is used to scale the detonation timer so that when you activate the function it will detonate the projectile.

Reddy
Peon

Post by Reddy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:06 pm

OK dont know what conure just said and i dont care anyone else want to give me a lesson on wwwhat i just asked earlier and not go off topic like a retard :mrgreen:

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 pm

basically he sed you we need to use a gun shot to set of the grenade... i think
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.