Blam! Developer Communities Network

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: HDM

Post by Sparky » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 am

Devious wrote:They aren't converted, yes?
Yes, unconverted.
zapconquest wrote:How does one acquire this? I don't understand :oops:
Well, the file size would be over a gig (zipped), and so I'll probably have to separate them into collections based upon the tag types. So one would download all the tag type collections (weap, vehi, bipd, etc. [hey, 'etc.' should be a tag type, too!]) and put them all into their tags folder in the Halo CE folder.
I want to experiment with archival methods a bit before uploading; the max file size I can upload to HDM is 500 MB, limited to this by the php.ini settings, so far. I've tried allowing larger files without luck... so it's either the Split & Concat method (kindof pointless) or uploading them in sets.

Also, should I nest the .zip downloads inside a .dmg or another .zip, or should I just unarchive them all and create a single .zip/.dmg?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:17 am

Alright, so I raised the max file size from 500MB to 2 gigs! Yayzors!
Let's see if it works - I'll upload the tags all into one file, as originally planned. If this works, then we'll say the max file size of uploads to the wiki is 2 GB. (In the mean time, don't test it yourself... don't wanna be wasting any space!)

In related news, I'm adding an .ogg player, so now we can upload sounds extracted from map files and play them right on the wiki page in the browser!

EDIT:
http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:C ... e_flag.ogg
EDIT2: It works! Max file size is now 2 gigs!
http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:3 ... to_win.ogg
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:49 am

Sparky wrote:Should I nest the .zip downloads inside a .dmg or another .zip, or should I just unarchive them all and create a single .zip/.dmg?
Any preferences here? I'm assuming we'd all want plain folders rather than nested zips, and a .zip file. I'll work towards that goal until ppl start screaming otherwise.

EDIT: I changed my mind; it will be a .dmg with nested .zip files inside, within folders. The .dmg will be password-protected. The password will be posted with the file. The reason for the password is to prevent unauthorized redistribution without some form of advertisement for HDM and MGM.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 am

A new section on Installing CE, including all the files you will need (you no longer need to have Halo Full in order to use Halo CE!)
http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/Halo#Installing_CE

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:24 pm

What about seabeast's/Zhangfei's method? You don't need windows.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:07 pm

That is friggin' awesome, Spark.
What about seabeast's/Zhangfei's method? You don't need windows.
Does it actually work?
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:58 pm

WELL OF COURSE IT DOES! xD

Yes, it does. I use it. O_o

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Spark, I can't download the Halo CE Tags Pack thing. Says I don't have permission. And a 403 error.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:11 pm

G[v]N wrote:Spark, I can't download the Halo CE Tags Pack thing. Says I don't have permission. And a 403 error.
Alright, what I've done, instead, is enabled an anonymous FTP directory. So now this changes everything. I'll be moving the linked file to that directory, where there shouldn't be any permissions problems.

----

Quick Summary: There are two different FTP directories. The first is an anonymous one, where you can upload and download files. However, you cannot rename, delete or move the files there. The second is for the user "macgamingmods" with password "Monoman!" and you can do whatever there. Here are the quick links:

ftp.halodemo.net - Anonymous
ftpmgm.halodemo.net - Password = Monoman!

----

NEW ANONYMOUS FTP!
Note: You need to use a program that will handle FTP, like Cyberduck or some other open-source / free one.
- Upload your files and mods-in-development to HDM before you even add them to the wiki page!
- Fast and easy process!
- Never use FileFront and MediaFire again!
- Read/Write access (no renaming, moving or chmodding)!
- Free for all!
- Tons of free space (currently over 100 gigs free!)

The only thing I request is that if you move your files elsewhere (like to the wiki), let me know and I will delete them from the FTP directory.

MGM special FTP
ftp://macgamingmods@halodemomods.com/
The password is "Monoman!"

With this, we all should be able to modify directory names, move files, etc. The other FTP directory doesn't let you do this.

Instructions: Type "macgamingmods@halodemo.net" into the ftp application address bar, then put in Monoman! for the password. Upload/manage files in that directory, then link other people to the files by copy-pasting the link of the uploaded file. If that doesn't work, the file path should read "ftp://macgamingmods@halodemo.net/your file here".

Sparky
Delta Force

Quick Links page

Post by Sparky » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:25 pm

See the Quick Links on the Halo Demo Mods Category page! This lists all the subdomains, like mods.halodemo.net and tools.halodemo.net. User subdomains like nil.halodemo.net and sparky.halodemo.net are not included in the list... yet.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:04 pm

Any idea what's going on with the mail? I just get redirected to the wiki main page.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 am

I used an .htaccess file to make the site jump to the wiki page instead of the framed index page. Some people don't like the frameset setup. I need to make the homepage more sleek and user-friendly. It doesn't look that great right now.

Sorry about that - the mail subdomain works again.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:55 am

Yeah, it works. Thanks.

Hostbot
Ranger

Post by Hostbot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:21 am

I personally enjoy the wiki page instead of the mess of mgm and hdm mixed together.

This is sorta offtopic, but does anybody else make their bookmark to mgm "View active topics"?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:44 am

That's completely on the topic, Hostbot. In fact, I'd like to run a few polls in new topics here...