Blam! Developer Communities Network

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

sparkaii

Re: HDM

Post by sparkaii » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:05 am

HDM is being updated and will be unavailable for about a day. (I initially estimated an hour, but things aren't working well with my current FTP app - Cyberduck - and the whole process is being completely retarded.) Sorry about that!

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 am

The online mail cilent appears to not load if I try to log in. And it's not MY internet.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Yes. The whole site is down. I'm fixing it now.

The problem is that I upgraded to the latest release of PHP, but apparently some apps we use aren't compatible yet. I'll revert to the older version of PHP and it should be up and running like before. I'm also upgrading the wiki to the latest version.

The big problem I'm having, though, is that this internet connection I'm using is so slow - comparable to a 56k modem! I'm trying to upload files in large size or number, and it just doesn't work. I'll make it happen, though, just watch... :twisted:
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Sparky wrote:Yes. The whole site is down. I'm fixing it now.

The problem is that I upgraded to the latest release of PHP, but apparently some apps we use aren't compatible yet. I'll revert to the older version of PHP and it should be up and running like before. I'm also upgrading the wiki to the latest version.

The big problem I'm having, though, is that this internet connection I'm using is so slow - comparable to a 56k modem! I'm trying to upload files in large size or number, and it just doesn't work. I'll make it happen, though, just watch... :twisted:
I'll watch.

Slowly.

:P
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Rofldonutburger
Commando

Post by Rofldonutburger » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:02 pm

It's back! :D
Dead. derp

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:49 am

Upload Barrier to the Mod Database plox?

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ngxxmememzn
Last edited by G[v]N on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:14 am

Get an account.
Go here
Appeal
Wait for a day or so and constanly check "My Talk"
Sparky will let you in (i think)
Press upload file on the left sidebar
Upload
Go to the mod database
Press EDIT on the nearest mod name alphabetically to yours
Copy and paste the ENTIRE text BELOW it (so you have 2)
Change name, change author, change description, change css (or add it) etc
Press SAVE
Click!

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:36 am

Get a brain
I do have an account. It's just my net speed ain't very good, so I'm asking Sparky to upload it for me. Simple as that.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:02 am

I'll work on this, G[v]N. Expect it up on HDM sometime today.

The main page at halodemo.net (the frameset page) is only slightly more usable on a wide-screen monitor. That means that I will, for sure, redo the HDM homepage.

Now how should it appear? One link to MGM and one link to HDM, as logo image links centered on the page?
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Sparky, can you upload my mod EVAlution Of Paint mod - http://www.filefront.com/14604395/EVAlu ... v1.50.zip/

my internet suckz....
Last edited by Amy on Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 am

Sparky wrote:I'll work on this, G[v]N. Expect it up on HDM sometime today.

The main page at halodemo.net (the frameset page) is only slightly more usable on a wide-screen monitor. That means that I will, for sure, redo the HDM homepage.

Now how should it appear? One link to MGM and one link to HDM, as logo image links centered on the page?
Yesss. That will be sexy. I'd be happy to help with the logos <3

Get on more!

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:36 pm

G[v]N wrote:
Sparky wrote:I'll work on this, G[v]N. Expect it up on HDM sometime today.

Yesss. That will be sexy. I'd be happy to help with the logos <3

Get on more!
I disagree. Having a website's main page be a sort of portal to either enter the site or go to mgm would just be an extra step which is unnecessary. If people want to go to HDM they'll type in halodemo.net; if they want to go to mgm they'll type in macgamingmods.com. If you want to connect hdm to mgm you could put a link in the footer or to the side or something, but don't make users click an extra link just to get to hdm. What you could have on the homepage (as I suggested earlier) is modding news and maybe featured articles. Look at what other wiki sites have and do something similar.

sparkaii

Post by sparkaii » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:41 am

issues with the mysql database have been resolved. let me know if you still have any uploading problems.

Sparky
Delta Force

Portal page vs. Home page

Post by Sparky » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:08 pm

When you visit HDM, you will be brought to the main wiki page first.

To use the frameset page that displays the Halo Demo forum at MGM and the wiki page at HDM, visit the portal subdirectory:
portal.halodemo.net or portal.halodemomods.com

Rofldonutburger
Commando

Post by Rofldonutburger » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:06 am

Good job like always, Sparky :D
Dead. derp