A Spider-Man mod?

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

A Spider-Man mod?

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:19 pm

I was thinking about creating new mod and I like Spider-Man and then I thought about a Spider-Man mod. Is this is possible and would it be cool?

For the weapons >

So my imagination of it is that there will be a spider web shooters I don't know how it can be made.

Next is the green goblin bombs so the first step would to model the grenade so it could look like a goblin bomb.
Once you have it modeled and in bg you will have to change the effect of the frag grenade explosion to a plasma cannon explosion because the bomb explosion is green. I guess that that would be the only villain I'm gonna use.

Vehicles >

The imagination of the green goblin glider would be pretty neat.

----)

zapconquest
Ranger

Re: A Spider-Man mod?

Post by zapconquest » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:09 pm

=] I thought about a similar mod a long time ago but you've got some cool ideas. You can enable walking on walls and the bottom half of the banshee might sort of look like the glider if you can somehow alter that model. Maybe increase the crouch walking speed a little and make the crouch camera height a little lower and it will be like crawling around like spiderman does.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Maybe there is a way to make the web shooters so I don't know how to make the projectile that's hard but could have 2 triggers one is the long web to bring people to you to do that just put some force on the jpt tag then go to the proj tag and change the initial velocity and the final velocity then it should work. And you know the other kind web that look like balls of web so that will instead have some damage. Also there can maybe have a themed based blood gulch with buildings and red and blue. And the weapons will have aim assist.

EDIT: I might try to make this.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 pm

it's possible to make a projectile send things at you. I made a "gravity gun" one time using that concept.
all you have to do is make the projectile have positive force, and set the initial velocity to however fast you want the projectile to go.
now, you set the projectile's final speed to something high, I'm not too sure on an exact number, 5000 should do. if not, just tweak it.

the reason you have to do that is because assigning a negative force to a bullet won't do anything at all. this method works because when it hits a surface, it pushes through the surface and then triggers the force, so therefore technically, you're hitting the opposite side of the model, sending it towards you.

also, perhaps you could consider adding weapons that are spiderish, but not canon? you could add some sort of "spider grenade" that slows people on explosion, like they're caught in a web.

also you don't need custom models for everything x3 be creative, skin existing ones to look like what you want! it's what most of us have being doing since the real start of halo modding.

Good luck!
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:10 pm

You mean like a stun grenade because I made one but it causes a lot of latency because by stunning a person your technically moving him or her and when you change the speed of someone they start to warp and that produces lag. So I like the idea but maybe too laggy?

EDIT: I knew how to make the force like projectile but the way how I do it works and it's complex and yours is even more complex so. Because the web of spidey sticks on the person it's not like the other projectiles because the web has to be the distance from the person who shoots and person who is getting shot at. So that's really gonna be hard I dont even know if it's possible.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:33 am

That is like my Aliens vs. Predator mod: http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/Mod_Da ... _Homeworld
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:51 pm

It is? Anyway Sparky I need your help with rebuilding and importing tags. Because I tried to import then I started the game and it crashed. Please help me. And your still in progress of Zeus right?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 pm

How can I help?
Yes, Zeus is in progress.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:51 pm

How do you import tags the right way without making your game crash.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Use Eschaton 0.8.1a. Expand the map that needs the additional tags, normally open the map that has the tags you want to extract, recursively extract the highest-level relevant tags (like itmc for a weapon) and import into the expanded map and duplicate a tag if necessary to reference the new tag you want or reference the tag you imported in an existing linked tag like the scnr, then rebuild the expanded map and play in Halo.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Sparky wrote:Use Eschaton 0.8.1a. Expand the map that needs the additional tags, normally open the map that has the tags you want to extract, recursively extract the highest-level relevant tags (like itmc for a weapon) and import into the expanded map and duplicate a tag if necessary to reference the new tag you want or reference the tag you imported in an existing linked tag like the scnr, then rebuild the expanded map and play in Halo.

Thank you so much, your so nice.

rEsTnPeAcEz
Veteran

Post by rEsTnPeAcEz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I have an idea for the web shooters... Somehow get a projectile for the web shooters that looks like web. Maybe by modding an light volume tag?

Then go in the meta data of the projectile tag,
Reflexives-
Material Reponses-
(Which number is the material of the cybord armor and shield)
Then change the Default Reponse to Attach and the Potential Reponse to Dissapear. So it can attach like a plasma grenade.
You can also change the dirt or whatever.