Here are the keys I will be using:
- Command - Directly to the left and right of the spacebar. This is the key with an apple and a squiggly thing on it.
- Shift - That one key that if you do not know what it is... wow...
- Spacebar - Read description of shift.
- Number keys - The ones on the top row, above the letters, not the number pad.
There are three different screenshot methods you can use. One takes a shot your entire screen, the other of a selected area, and the third of a specific window.
To take a screenshot of the entire screen:
- Command + Shift + 3
- Command + Shift + 4. The cursor becomes a crosshair. Select the area to take a shot of.
- Command + Shift + 4 + Spacebar. The cursor becomes a camera. Click on the specific window you want to take a shot of. (This can also be used to take shots of menus, and icons.
First off, go to a free image hosting website such as:
http://www.photobucket.com/ (need to register)
Follow the onsite instructions (this should be pretty self-explanatory). Click on 'choose file' or something of that nature, choose some preferences, and click on 'host' or whatever button they have.
Once you have done that, it will take you to a page with a bunch of tags at the bottom. Find the tag that begins with "[img]" and copy all of it.
Go into the forum where you want to post the picture, click 'Add Reply', type a message or whatever you want, and paste the code that you copied. The code should look like this:
Code: Select all
Well, I hope I made this clear enough, if you have any questions, please HESITATE to contact me anywhere but this forum. Thankies.