Injecting Replacement Models.

Moderator: Altimit01

D.T.

Injecting Replacement Models.

Post by D.T. » Tue May 09, 2006 12:43 pm

I need a little help injecting a model into bloodgulch. If I make the .map file compatible with HMT by *unspecified means* then couldn't I treat the .map file as if it were a full version map file?

My idea is trying to inject a model of a plasma sword I have over the oddball model, and then putting the Oddball somewhere on the map, with its damage turned all the way up.

I can make the oddball appear, change the damage and everything else just fine, but when I inject the model and try to start the game to test everyting, it just crashes after attempting to start the server. Could anybody give me some help injecting this model?

D.T.

Deox
Operative

Re: Injecting Replacement Models.

Post by Deox » Tue May 09, 2006 2:48 pm

D.T. wrote:I need a little help injecting a model into bloodgulch. If I make the .map file compatible with HMT by *unspecified means* then couldn't I treat the .map file as if it were a full version map file?

My idea is trying to inject a model of a plasma sword I have over the oddball model, and then putting the Oddball somewhere on the map, with its damage turned all the way up.

I can make the oddball appear, change the damage and everything else just fine, but when I inject the model and try to start the game to test everyting, it just crashes after attempting to start the server. Could anybody give me some help injecting this model?

D.T.
1: The energy sword has no First-Person model
2: The energy sword has no Melee attack animation
3: The energy sword has no holding position
4: The energy sword has no name string or definition icon (Things that show up when you pick it up, or walk over it -- it says "Hold E to pick up <definition pic>")

I do not know how to solve your first problem -- I can't seem to get any models in either -- using that *unspecified method.* After you got it in, though, you'd have to do everything I listed above.

D.T.

Post by D.T. » Tue May 09, 2006 5:27 pm

I don't need to swap tags or anything like that. I have a model of a plasma sword, a .obj file, that I ripped from a Halo full map, modifed, and saved. (thanks to BobindaShadows for his model, btw) It is a wings model. All I need to do is swap the mod2 of the oddball with the mod2 of the plasma sword model I have already. All it would do is make the oddball look like the psword, but I would change the definition tag to make it say ...to pick up plasma sword, and change the damage of the oddball melee to 100%. In theory this is easy, up until the part of swapping the models.

I was using OBJCOnverter, and following the same procedure that full modders use to make model swaps. So, the first 4 problems are solved. Just the last one left.

Anybody have any ideas?

D.T.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Tue May 09, 2006 5:28 pm

:PPPPP
The sword.

D.T.

Post by D.T. » Wed May 10, 2006 5:37 pm

So, all I really want to know is how to inject a model over another. If following the full version method after making the demo map compatible doesn't work, there must be a way that does?

I also had a bit of an idea. Could I rip the meta of the plasma sword from b30 and inject it into Bloodgulch, replacing the oddball model? The model under the PC Model grouping in the offset list, btw.

If I am describing something impossible, plz tell me. If it works or you know a way that works, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

D.T.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Wed May 10, 2006 6:44 pm

No first person model, lol.
The sword.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Wed May 10, 2006 7:16 pm

Well, what's the difference between the regular and first person models? Isn't first person's just a tad more detailed? Can't you just use the same model?

{SBF}Leader
Veteran

Post by {SBF}Leader » Thu May 11, 2006 6:33 am

first person is holding the weapon....
http://www.clanhalo.forumup.com
not my site.... just go there!!!!!!!

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu May 11, 2006 11:07 am

I know. I fucking know what first person is. Look at a first person model and a regular model though. They look exactly the same.

Sorry, I'm just a tad irritated.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Thu May 11, 2006 8:35 pm

Don't get TOO overstressed.

You don't want to have to throw your comp out a window.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Fri May 12, 2006 2:21 pm

Beast wrote:I know. I fucking know what first person is. Look at a first person model and a regular model though. They look exactly the same.

Sorry, I'm just a tad irritated.
first person model is the model used for the First Person view. Represents the entire gun. The non-first person view is the view for the weapon that other people are holding, when its on the ground, etc. In that case it has 3 models for the different level of models you have set, Low, Medium, or High.
The sword.