CSS Projectiles

Moderator: Altimit01

Yummy
Ranger

CSS Projectiles

Post by Yummy » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:49 pm

Alright I'd like some pointer or hint as to how to do CSS projectiles.

I can do normal projectile switches, and have been trying to do this forever.

Does it involve meta editing (no, probably not, meta edits are not CSS as far as i know)? Does it involve a 2nd replacement on top of the normal 16 byte switch?

I have looked throughout this whole forum (5 pages of threads) for it and have not found anything.

Edit: After going through a weapons meta, then to a reflexive, then to where the reflexive takes me, then adding some more bytes to my new offset, i found a jorp code, but it appears to be the normal code, not CSS. I tested it and it was not CSS. I also did a definition swap + my newly found jorp code, same thing. It appears also as if my "newly" found jorp code is the original 12 byte code, because when i did find I only found the code once. (I thought i got somewhere too) :?

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:51 pm

Yeah...... nobody's gonna say how to do those. I experimented for something like seven hours trying to figure it out, and got nowhere. I think that whomever figured it out first (aaoBloot?) has quite some knowledge in computers. The only thing that I can say for sure about CSS Projectiles is that whatever the trick is, it makes the player's Halo app look for the change in projectiles. The Halo app would have to have the ability to look for the change in the projectiles, but simply not do so. So really what the trick does is make the player's Halo app look for the change.

I think.
Karahna wrote:I have a small penis. :(
PWNAGED! DON'T ASK ME MOD QUESTIONS OR I WILL JUST MAKE FUN OF YOU AND CALL YOU MEAN NAMES.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:51 am

Yeah, Demon, that's why I tried to find it in the weapon meta, because the Halo app looks for changes in the weapon, because in different gametypes it changes (as titan pointed out in some thread). But, I only found one jorp code in the whole map (for w/e proj i'm trying to change), and the ONLY one i found was in the weapon meta after i followed a reflexive.

And, after what sword said, it appears that it doesn't require knowledge in computers, or, aao Bloot doesn't have that? I don't know.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:14 am

1. Bloot didn't do it.

2. It doesn't require any knowledge in computers although I must say, judging by what you have tried, you won't figure it out. Ever.

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:17 am

I probably wont. Oh well.
PWNAGED! DON'T ASK ME MOD QUESTIONS OR I WILL JUST MAKE FUN OF YOU AND CALL YOU MEAN NAMES.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:26 pm

Meh, ok. i just want one hint, but if can't get that i'll live.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:57 pm

I don't think anyone will give a hint either. I've been doing a lot of testing around but can't get much still... ...:)

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:27 pm

It's probably one byte. :D

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:24 pm

i'll cry if it's one byte hahahah. i understand no one is willing to give a hint, i was just hoping for something

A Bunny
Operative

Post by A Bunny » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:47 pm

Demon wrote:It's probably one byte. :D
More like 1 bit.

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:30 pm

WHAT?! are you kidding me?! now i must cry. one byte? so it's one of those bitmask things probably?

Ok, another question. I'd like to make the banshee perfectly still, not when you're riding in it, but when someone shoots a rocket launcher or grenade at it, how could i make it stay perfectly still? (I've tried: Increasing gravity, increasing relative gravity, swapping physics, giving it the characteristics of a turret - which works when you're riding it). The problem is when i increase the gravity so much, it gets glitchy and a grenade makes it go SUPER fast across the map and it goes crazy. And, I don't want to change it to a gun turret or w/e. It's pissing me off, I thought it would be incredibly easy to do :cry:

A Bunny
Operative

Post by A Bunny » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:42 pm

Noobie (Yummy) wrote:WHAT?! are you kidding me?! now i must cry. one byte? so it's one of those bitmask things probably?

Ok, another question. I'd like to make the banshee perfectly still, not when you're riding in it, but when someone shoots a rocket launcher or grenade at it, how could i make it stay perfectly still? (I've tried: Increasing gravity, increasing relative gravity, swapping physics, giving it the characteristics of a turret - which works when you're riding it). The problem is when i increase the gravity so much, it gets glitchy and a grenade makes it go SUPER fast across the map and it goes crazy. And, I don't want to change it to a gun turret or w/e. It's pissing me off, I thought it would be incredibly easy to do :cry:
Changing it's collision material to something like FF should work. Though that would make the person inside invincible.

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:44 pm

YAY!!! Only one bit. That means there are eight times more possible places to look! The game seems to rely on binary quite a bit. Are people willing to say whether you have to change one bit for each projectile replacement, or whether the change will apply to all projectiles?

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:18 pm

Well who knows. Thanks for the hint and the advice for collision model idea. With this mod i'm making, it won't matter if you're invincible in the shee or not (ehem you can't get in the shee). I just need to make it impossible to move. (As i slap myself in the face for not thinking of that)
Last edited by Yummy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A Bunny
Operative

Post by A Bunny » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:18 pm

Demon wrote:The game seems to rely on binary quite a bit.
It's not the game, it's just when C compiles it has to use these conventions for the computer to be able to read it. (bitmask32's, however, are most likely the same un-compiled, because they're an extremely compact way to store data.)