Model inject tut?

Moderator: Altimit01

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Model inject tut?

Post by >Shadow< » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:20 am

Can someone post a model changing tut with pics similar to A Bunny's? I've tried three or four different tuts but none of them worked! The best i've done is getting the vehicle/ weapon to disappear...

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Danggit I got a prophet chair model which I wanna inject sooner or later... >: (

Cherub Rock
Peon

Post by Cherub Rock » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:33 pm

well im having problems with this one 2 but maybe you'll have better luck with it

3d model inject
1. Open bloodgulch.map in HMT. Scroll down to the mod2 section and look for the vehicles/warthog/warthog. Save the meta nonrecursively onto the desktop.

2. Open OBJConverter and click on the Open button. Choose bloodgulch.map, and then select the meta you saved onto your desktop.

3. Now, make sure that the Geometries tab at the bottom is selected, and select the first geometry in the list in the middle of the window, then select Geometry 1 and then part 0. Click on the “Export to OBJ” button below the Geometries list and save it to your desktop.

4. Now the editing part. I will be using Wings3D as an example. In Wings3D, go to File -> Import -> Wavefront (obj)... and choose the OBJ file you exported with OBJConverter. Now edit it as you please (I will not be explaining how). After you finish, go to File -> Export -> Wavefront (obj), and save it to your desktop.

5. Now switch to OBJConverter and click import under file button and select the edited OBJ model file. Save the vertices and indices files on your desktop.
6. Go back to Geometry 1 and part 0. Set all the Verts and Inds to 0 of all the OTHER parts in that geometry [1]. Then click on “Update Offsets”.
7. Now make sure the part 0 of geometry 1 is selected, and click Attach and choose the vertices file and then the indices file you created in step 6. Click “Save” and then save the meta to your desktop.
8. Go to the Misc tab at the bottom of the window and click on the “Append” button. A new window will pop up. Choose the vertices file and then the indices file and click “Append”.

9. Switch to HMT and inject the meta you created in step 8. (it should be called temp.mod2 by default) If it doesn’t let you inject it, rename temp.mod2 to temp.mod2.meta and it should recognize it. HMT should now crash and quit after you click anything, so open it up again, and view the warthog model. It should now look like your edited model.
Smashing Pumpkins mo-facko

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:44 pm

The reason why that does not work for the demo is because that is a tut for the full version, and when you copy the header back to the demo version.......stuff happens that is annoying.
Karahna wrote:I have a small penis. :(
PWNAGED! DON'T ASK ME MOD QUESTIONS OR I WILL JUST MAKE FUN OF YOU AND CALL YOU MEAN NAMES.

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:21 pm

XD!!!

You didn't think that adding things to a map wouldn't increase the size, did you?
The sword.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:30 pm

There is something you have to do to the header when you change it back...I think I know what it is but still no luck... :?

Cherub Rock
Peon

Post by Cherub Rock » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:49 pm

You didn't think that adding things to a map wouldn't increase the size, did you?
I dont get it, what in the world would make me think that?
Smashing Pumpkins mo-facko

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:51 pm

wait, so you have to do something to the header of the map? If only i understood what exactly a header is, besides the first thing on a map. :cry:

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:19 pm

I don't get the full purpose of the header, but it contains a lot of information about the map, which is why tools such as HMT and HHK need the full version header to work. Inserting a model will make HMT automatically change the header, but when you convert the header back to the demo you lose the changes.
PWNAGED! DON'T ASK ME MOD QUESTIONS OR I WILL JUST MAKE FUN OF YOU AND CALL YOU MEAN NAMES.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:16 pm

Oh is that it?

Wow, I think I know what to do now.

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:18 pm

8)

Yummy
Ranger

Post by Yummy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:05 am

Hm, so is it possible that it's a count of how many models or how many of something there are in the map, and when you add a model it changes the size? (Just thinking aloud) :P

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:54 pm

Uh I don't think so. And keep in mind that the demo map and the full version map are compiled differently.

And that damned Prophet's Chair model doen't want to inject right.... I was able to get it to replace teh ghost, but not the turret. And another thing is, how could I make the flying turrets fly like the Chair? Even if I manage to make the turrets glide left and right, it would still be kind of weird....

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:28 pm

Demon wrote:Uh I don't think so. And keep in mind that the demo map and the full version map are compiled differently.

And that damned Prophet's Chair model doen't want to inject right.... I was able to get it to replace teh ghost, but not the turret. And another thing is, how could I make the flying turrets fly like the Chair? Even if I manage to make the turrets glide left and right, it would still be kind of weird....
You did get it working? Did you do what I sugested or something? :shock:

?Demon?
SEAL

Post by ?Demon? » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:39 pm

If I try to replace the turret model, it will crash, or the turrets will disappear altogether. I managed to replace the ghost model, but not all of the LoDs were changed. I think that the LoD models are what you see from different angles because when I was walking the model kept changing.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:22 pm

Now that I know how to put new models in too, i'm gonna put lots of new models in! :twisted: