moving objects?

Moderator: Altimit01

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

moving objects?

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:01 pm

how can you move objects or duplicated them? for instance make the bases float above the ground. does anyone have an example mod they can send me?
- Pseudosleep on halo

Deox
Operative

Re: moving objects?

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:24 am

sleeping_insomniac19 wrote:how can you move objects or duplicated them? for instance make the bases float above the ground. does anyone have an example mod they can send me?
The bases are part of the map, lol. You can't move them unless you edit the actual map model, which nobody here knows how to do.

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:50 am

how do i do something like this?

- Pseudosleep on halo

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:53 am

Wow. That is a really badass map. I highly doubt that can be done in HexEdit. Maybe SparkEdit, but that's only for the Halo full version. And I don't think those logs are CSS. They might be, but if they're not, that would be horrendous for people that join the server.

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:23 am

Beast wrote:Wow. That is a really badass map. I highly doubt that can be done in HexEdit. Maybe SparkEdit, but that's only for the Halo full version. And I don't think those logs are CSS. They might be, but if they're not, that would be horrendous for people that join the server.
Heh, that looks like Bloot's work. And yeah, it can be done in HexEdit.

Also, these aren't css, so if the person were to walk into that log house, they would appear to constantly be falling, then warping back up.

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:36 pm

sleeping_insomniac19 wrote:how do i do something like this?

(image)
You think THAT's cool?That is just the tip of the ice berg, my friend. Take a look at this.

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:09 pm

:shock:
- Pseudosleep on halo

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:29 pm

sleeping_insomniac19 wrote::shock:
I thought so.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:52 am

All I have to say to that is... DAAAAAAAYMN! Everything there shouldn't be too hard to do, besides the logs/fort-things/locations of things. Everything else is just simple swaps, or at least that's what it looks like. I'm not sure how to make it so the turret can be controlled from the side-seat either.

sheepofdumb

Post by sheepofdumb » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:26 pm

Beast wrote:All I have to say to that is... DAAAAAAAYMN! Everything there shouldn't be too hard to do, besides the logs/fort-things/locations of things. Everything else is just simple swaps, or at least that's what it looks like. I'm not sure how to make it so the turret can be controlled from the side-seat either.
If I am correct to make the side seat control the turret was just a simple copy and place. I can't prove it because I don't know the code that well. The basic idea would be place the code that allows you to aim the turret over the control the side gunning postion or something like that.

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:17 am

That would make quite a bit of sense. Now to find the code. :D

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Beast wrote:Maybe SparkEdit, but that's only for the Halo full version.
Full version + it's a PC program. SparkEdit for mac is just a viewer.
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:47 pm

sheepofdumb wrote:If I am correct to make the side seat control the turret was just a simple copy and place.
No. It's a 1 byte binary number (8 digits). You can make it so you can fire your own weapon, drive the vehicle, third-person entry, third-person while in the seat, fire the vehicle's weapon, make yourself go invisible (completely), and something else (I think).
Same goes for walking on walls and no fall damage (unless you edit the jpt! tag).
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why