38%
DON'T UpLoad it
63%

Total votes: 8

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

Ghost mod

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:19 pm

a lot of people have been asking for a ghost mod, so i think i'll post one. First i want to know what weapons should be where and what to replace with the ghost to make it fair.
- Pseudosleep on halo

Deox
Operative

Re: Ghost mod

Post by Deox » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:33 pm

sleeping_insomniac19 wrote:a lot of people have been asking for a ghost mod, so i think i'll post one. First i want to know what weapons should be where and what to replace with the ghost to make it fair.
lol, I'm guessing nobody here is going to say "upload it." Why?

Well, this is the mod development board. Most people in here already know how to make their own...or at least I hope they should...

And it's up to you whether you want to upload your mods or not. Something like a ghost mod isn't going to ruin the mod dev community. If you posted it in the noob--er--Halo Demo forum, you'd probably expect to see "Ghost mod!1!1!@@#@@" as the title of every server on GameSpy and GameRanger.

So it's up to you.

I am not going to vote, since this does not concern me, and I do not care what you choose to do with your mods.

(If the above post seemed harsh, I did not in any way mean for it to be. I'm just trying to get my point across)

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:20 pm

The sad thing is, it's true. Every server would be "Ghost mod!!!11!!one!!1!"

Upload it if you want, but please, do NOT upload it in the other forum. It is a fun mod though. I replaced all the vehicles with ghosts and added more of them and it was pretty sweet.

{SF} Flood
Operative

Post by {SF} Flood » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:34 pm

yeah thats a fun thing to do and even with like 8 to 20 ghost on the map most people who have joined my all ghosts game said that lag was at about 80 to 100 :shock: and I thought that it was going to be at like 300. :shock: (again)
Umm....whats a signature?

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:38 pm

i made a mod like that for every vehical
- Pseudosleep on halo

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:00 am

I find that the tank version is just stupid. The ghost version is the best in my opinion but just to mess around. Otherwise, all hogs would make a really cool bumper cars map. 16 hogs smashing into each other... I can see it now... :lol:

Deox
Operative

Post by Deox » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:29 am

Beast wrote:I find that the tank version is just stupid. The ghost version is the best in my opinion but just to mess around. Otherwise, all hogs would make a really cool bumper cars map. 16 hogs smashing into each other... I can see it now... :lol:
Clicky.

That's a fun little mod which I made not too long ago. It replaces everything with rocket warthogs (Besides weapons, of course).

It also allows the driver to use the warthog's rocket launcher, and lets the warthog gunner drive! Not sure how this will react to team games, when there is both a gunner and a driver, so it's mostly meant for playing around in slayer and doing stunts.

I found it fun to see if you can flip another person's vehicle without actually hurting them. You can also get in the gunner seat, head at full speed at another warthog (not moving), and shoot at it right before impact. The result is you'll do a single or double flip over that warthog!

Way fun to fool around, but there is one downside: It isn't CSS!

And further, it's wierd -- wierder than most non-css mods -- if you drive around in the warthog's gunner seat while hosting, your position will only be relayed every 10 or so seconds...so it'll seem like you've warped, to the other players.

But have fun anyway ;)

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Deox wrote:It also allows the driver to use the warthog's rocket launcher, and lets the warthog gunner drive!
yeah that's fun, but wait, you know about meta editing? get the meta, offset, convert to binary and use hmt plugins? that's the way i do it.
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why

«Beast»
Ranger

Post by «Beast» » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:23 am

Sa-weet! Thanks Deox. Can't wait to try it out.

>Shadow<
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by >Shadow< » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:28 pm

You forgot to add that the hogs will respawn in the air. :wink:

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:35 pm

>Shadow< wrote:You forgot to add that the hogs will respawn in the air. :wink:
LOL, :lol: you mean they respawn really high in the air? Did he edit the spawning locations? :D
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why