Cmti tags

Moderator: Altimit01

Titan
Veteran

Cmti tags

Post by Titan » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:42 am

Well I discovered for myself the cmti tags that determine weapon spawn points. I think the cover vehicle and people spawns but I'm not sure. Well I created a list of the offsets so I could edit them here.

If someone could tell me how to change weapon and vehicle spawns that would be most appreciated.

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:48 am

cmti=itmc=item collection
the 8 bytes before cmti is where it spawns (floats? xyz rotation?)
the 6 bytes after cmti is what it is
at the end of the itmc's you'll find a bunch together and these determin what weapons you start off with, ctf then slayer. you can hold up to 4 weapons at a time.
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:00 am

i can't edit/delete my posts in this forum (probably because it's private)
here's my file i sometimes use (not as often) that i haven't cleaned up (it may be hard to understand because it was made for me)
lalala
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself
i hate this forum because i left it one and a half years ago and i cant remember why

SleepingInsomniac
SEAL

Post by SleepingInsomniac » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:37 am

so how would i make the shotgun spawn where i want it? what is the offset for x, y, and z? say i wanted to make it spawn slightly to the left of the machine gun hog at the red base
- Pseudosleep on halo

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:58 am

I was working on moving weapons this morning and since this was posted, I thought my work would be able to help you guys with the positions. I moved all of the weapons and items at the red base on the ground next to the base. I did a quick test and the move is serverside. You can download my map file in the Dev Database under Library.
Disabler wrote:i can't edit/delete my posts in this forum (probably because it's private)
You should be able to edit your posts now.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

Disabler
Peon

Post by Disabler » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:39 pm

yeah I just finished testing hog positions... I moved the green hogs closer to the black hogs and made the green hogs spawn in the air :P
I posted a tut here
it works like this: xxxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxx the first one is X the second is Y the third is Z and the fourth is rotation and they're all in floats, but I haven't messed with rotation yet yet.
To edit floats with HexEditor (note the 'or) select 4 bytes (a float) and make your checkboxes look like mine:
[x] Swapped
[ ] Unsigned
[ ] Hex
i am a fag
i like to smoke myself