So what is the mod then?
Well, most people know kinda what the FTW mod was and me and Tucker are deciding to revamp the living piss out of it and adding a lot of custom content and ideas into it. We shall be posting screens and so forth and videos of course. Expect some beta maps now and then and if you have questions then ask away.
Facts about the mod:
1. Will have custom CE content only to enhance playability and look. This does not include adding anything that takes away from what this mod is, a tribute to HaloPC itself. You will not find things you will see in the other Halos series and so forth.
2. The mod will be 100% playable in any server. This means you can run the mod and still enjoy the server you like playing in. Any server you want to join.
3. All attempts will be made to enhance the look or change the theme of the maps to something new and creative.
4. The mod is for HaloPC and will allow any person with the mod to be able to play in any server without exceptions. This means you can run this mod and still be able to join any server you wish with this installed. This gives you a new view and outlook on things while still being able to play with your friends and so forth. 100% playability anywhere!
5. This mod may or may not work on HaloPC for mac. The project is being built on HaloPC for PC use and not for mac use. If it works on a mac installation it is coincidence of this being so. If you would like the project to be converted for mac use then ask a mac modder on site if they can duplicate the map for you for mac use.
This mod is being built on top of the FTW mod so expect to see some things from FTW but a lot more different stuff and themes. Tucker will reply soon to add his comments and what vids/screens he has to the thread. Anything else will be answered as the project moves along and so forth.
That's about it for now. Please read through the thread for more screenshots and information as the mod is unfolding. We will add video links and downloads to this first post to keep people updated on the newest media and downloads for public beta tests upon release.
Thanks to halo.bungie.org for showcasing the mod on their site:
Also, Just for the record. There is a team involved on this.
The team as it stands at this moment in time is..
Pepsi: Project Leader, Layouts, Design, Themes, Skinning, Textures.
Tucker: Lighting, Particles, Effects, Things that go boom, Map efficiency.
DeadHamster: Layouts, Designs, Themes, Textures.
Ness: UI work, Misc Textures and Skins.
Dirk/MoDFoX/Modzy: Mac beta testing.
Kvasir: AFK. No clue of his status. He needs to get involved or could be dropped.
So please direct all praise to everyone, not just myself. So again, just cause im posting the majority of the threads and pics doesnt mean im doing this alone. I have my closest friends beside me helping along. Give them the same praise and respect that you would me cause they work their ass off as well.
User Interface Demo Vid:
BloodGulch Demo Vid:
Death Island Demo Vid:
Timberland Demo Vid:
Damnation Demo Vid:
Boarding Action Demo Vid:
Chillout Demo Vid:
Current beta map releases-
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__196502
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__196182
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__197677
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__198747
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__201802
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__204190
http://www.modhalo.net/index.php?/topic ... _p__204703
Note: some maps crash Mac Halo. Us, the Mac support team, will be fixing these issues and updating you with new map files afterwards.