Still alive?

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Pool
Veteran

Still alive?

Post by Pool » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 am

Hello. Some of you may remember me, as some of you probably don't know me. I've taken a long pause from the game Halo on my mac, and am now ready to come back. I was wondering if there was any communities still alive besides this modding community, after clandistrict died. Clanhalo seems to be down now, so is there any other than that? I also started playing Halo campaign on legendary 2 days ago, which has turned out to be quite fun, really. I am currently on the map two betrayals, and I am living the summer '05 again. Ahh, the memories...

I was also wondering if there was anyone else playing Halo demo from the old days (since Halo the full version has 5 servers with people on it with <200 ping for me and all heavy weapons it gets boring after 1 minute)

I am a true Halo fanatic, BTW :D

P.S. seems like my last visit for this website was in 2009 o_O

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Re: Still alive?

Post by Sugarlumps » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:13 am

Hello Pool! I believe I met you on a Halo Demo server once or twice last year or the year before and might have over-reacted, in a good way (i might have been playing under a different name). I saw your montage on the MGM frontpage, thats how I knew you.

Anyway, welcome back! The thing is, our Halo forum and Halo Demo isn't very active now. I'm not too sure about other communities though.

I do occasionally go on Halo Demo when i have the time, hopefully we can play together again (and me getting dominated). :)
Click!

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:24 am

I thought this was the guy who made the topic "OMG GHOST MOD OMG OMG OMG"

But I was mistaken.

Uhh, I am aware of your history on MGM, and I think I might have played a couple either island or classic bg with you... idk. O_O I somehow remember the name...

Pool
Veteran

Post by Pool » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:03 am

heh, hello to you two, too. Yes, classic games and the island are something legendary that not everyone will experience. Somehow it's like a religion for me to occasionally come back to Halo / Halo demo. I love the storyline of the Halo series and it is somehow magical to be able to play that story.

For people's information: I will be hosting a dedicated server a lot this weekend, because my parents are out and I can leave the computer on for long times. I will be hosting tri-force bloodgulch, maybe some special gametypes such as adding a few ghosts in the game, it makes the map a lot more interesting (12 players).

Well, I just beat the maw on legendary so no more fun for me in full version. I just checked the server list of people in it with ping <200 and I saw 7 servers this time. Too bad there was only heavy weapons or mods and even one normal game, but it was with shotguns with no shields :/

I wish I could get some mates to play some custom edition maps on Halo Demo, just like in the "semi-old days", when the custom edition BSP importing was new and I got a server full with my friends playing maps like area 53, mystic classic, football or rainbow road. I still have bunch of CE maps imported to Halo Demo (some of them are partly broken on the BSP and such), but if anyone is interested in some friendly games with custom edition style, please. I currently have 30 CE maps for Halo Demo.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 am

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Pool.

Omg. Hi. This guy is legendary guys. Back when i first started modding, i started on CH. This guy was/is a beast.

I host a lot, but lately been playing minecraft.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

I don't have a mac anymore, but I'd to play some halo full sometime with you guys, somehow...
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Pool
Veteran

Post by Pool » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:25 pm

Amy wrote:Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Pool.

Omg. Hi. This guy is legendary guys. Back when i first started modding, i started on CH. This guy was/is a beast.
Lmao, I hope so =D
MistuhBunnie wrote:I don't have a mac anymore, but I'd to play some halo full sometime with you guys, somehow...
The thing about full version is that we would need a good server. I mean a server that would not do mods or heavy weapons only. I mean something like from classic to pistols & snipers on TS, CTF or KotH

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Pool wrote:The thing about full version is that we would need a good server that would not do mods or heavy weapons only. Something like from classic to pistols & snipers on TS, CTF or KotH
I know, right? Can't do a goddamn serious game on full. >_< Always those shitty gametypes like heavy weapons, or no-shield shotguns on rat race… gah! what a waste of bandwith!

anyway yeah. i'd love a nice game of KotH too! Call me if you set up a server! :P

PS: Hey pool! Welcome back!! I remember you! But i don't remember if you could remember me or not! •_• do you?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:21 pm

I could set up a server sometime. If you guys want me to set it up sometime, I spend a bit of time on the IRC.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Pool
Veteran

Post by Pool » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:03 am

TaxiService wrote:
Pool wrote:The thing about full version is that we would need a good server that would not do mods or heavy weapons only. Something like from classic to pistols & snipers on TS, CTF or KotH
I know, right? Can't do a goddamn serious game on full. >_< Always those shitty gametypes like heavy weapons, or no-shield shotguns on rat race… gah! what a waste of bandwith!

anyway yeah. i'd love a nice game of KotH too! Call me if you set up a server! :P

PS: Hey pool! Welcome back!! I remember you! But i don't remember if you could remember me or not! •_• do you?
Yeah, I remember you. I actually got some bot on aim harassing me called "taxiserv9" and I thought that was your old aim...

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:00 am

FUCK! delete it!!! D: sorry about that, a bot took command of my old AIM account because the password is 123456!!

Sloth (remember him?) made me that AIM account because i couldn't seem to register. He didn't tell me the answer to the secret question though, so i cannot change the password. :( That account is fucked up! I'm really sorry about that!!

PS: my new screenname is linked below, even if i don't use it that much.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Pool wrote:For people's information: I will be hosting a dedicated server a lot this weekend, because my parents are out and I can leave the computer on for long times. I will be hosting tri-force bloodgulch, maybe some special gametypes such as adding a few ghosts in the game, it makes the map a lot more interesting (12 players).
I've finally opened Halo Demo this year. I found your server and joined it. Please try to host more often! Even with 12 people, there is minimal lag for me, unlike other servers.

Reminds me of the good times.
Click!

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu May 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Pool wrote:heh, hello to you two, too. Yes, classic games and the island are something legendary that not everyone will experience. Somehow it's like a religion for me to occasionally come back to Halo / Halo demo. I love the storyline of the Halo series and it is somehow magical to be able to play that story.

For people's information: I will be hosting a dedicated server a lot this weekend, because my parents are out and I can leave the computer on for long times. I will be hosting tri-force bloodgulch, maybe some special gametypes such as adding a few ghosts in the game, it makes the map a lot more interesting (12 players).

Well, I just beat the maw on legendary so no more fun for me in full version. I just checked the server list of people in it with ping <200 and I saw 7 servers this time. Too bad there was only heavy weapons or mods and even one normal game, but it was with shotguns with no shields :/

I wish I could get some mates to play some custom edition maps on Halo Demo, just like in the "semi-old days", when the custom edition BSP importing was new and I got a server full with my friends playing maps like area 53, mystic classic, football or rainbow road. I still have bunch of CE maps imported to Halo Demo (some of them are partly broken on the BSP and such), but if anyone is interested in some friendly games with custom edition style, please. I currently have 30 CE maps for Halo Demo.
Oh, you read the books?
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.