New Bitmaps/BIPEDS for Campaign

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

New Bitmaps/BIPEDS for Campaign

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:13 pm

I've seen Andor's Refresh for the full campaign but he dropped off the face of the Earth around 2 years ago and never released the full thing =(

Does anyone have Refresh for Halo Full and if not, does anyone know of any other Campaign mod that does a complete graphical overhaul of the ENTIRE Campaign from A10 to D40? I'm looking to start up a Halo Anniversary mod for the full game, but square one for me is a new look to the graphics. Can anyone give me some pointers?

ALSO: I need good Halo 3 Covenant Tags, including those for Grunts, Jackals, Elites, and Hunters. Anyone know a good unprotected mod to find those on? The ones I have right now keep crashing the game (perhaps because they can't be run in Halo Full?).

Thanks!
Last edited by x0v3rKiLx on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: New Bitmaps for Campaign

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Either those bitmaps are not for Halo Full, or they are corrupted. Either way, they do not work with Halo Full =/ Thanks anyway

Still need help guys!

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:06 am

I'd look into that Halo FTW project, but I'm not sure if it covers campaign.

There is also a skin somewhere called the way it was meant to be played, however it is probably not as much of a overhaul as refresh is.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:39 am

I'll look into it, thanks! I'm looking for a bitmaps.map file, since I want to start importing tags and not wait around for a good internalized map to work on.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Re: New Bitmaps/BIPEDS for Campaign

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Update: I now am looking for good H3 bipeds to use for the Halo Full campaign. Full details in my updated OP.

Yeah Halo FTW is only for multiplayer and on top of that, none of the MP download links work on their site. I can't find anything about "The Way it Was Meant to Be Played" either. =/

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Heres the shit. BITMAPS are not anything specific. Bitmaps are cross compatable between all pc/mac versions. Xbox versions are not compatable as far as I know beacause of 3D images or something that a computer cant handle. If its MP then its compatable with SP. Its also compatable with full or demo. or trial. Or CE.
"the way it was meant to be played"
http://halodemo.net/wiki/File:Level_and ... n_demo.zip

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Maybe it's a problem with my copy then, because any Trial bitmaps.map files I download come up pixelated and corrupted when run in Halo UB.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:01 pm

You have to put it in the same file as a trial bitmaps, or internalize it with trial bitmaps.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:03 am

I just found a copy of the mac version of Halo FTW 2 up for download :) My GOD what a gorgeous bitmap set. I just finished internalizing the custom bitmaps for "The Library". It looks JUST LIKE the Halo Anniversary bitmaps and lighting! =D

Between this and the public CMT bitmaps, i'm all set. Thanks for the help guys! =D

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:41 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:Heres the shit. BITMAPS are not anything specific. Bitmaps are cross compatable between all pc/mac versions. Xbox versions are not compatable as far as I know beacause of 3D images or something that a computer cant handle. If its MP then its compatable with SP. Its also compatable with full or demo. or trial. Or CE.
"the way it was meant to be played"
http://halodemo.net/wiki/File:Level_and ... n_demo.zip
No, that's not true. Trial/Demo bitmaps files are not compatible with the Full version. The mod you linked above was a port of mine, from the full version (along with another HUD mod port from the full version combined to it). Port meaning having to export/import every texture yourself (and even then, it may not work as nicely as one may think).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:20 pm

I don't know what you mean I use full bitmaps in demo all the time. The bitmaps.map file is not however, and with swordedit/eschaton grah I lost my train of thought

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:26 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:I don't know what you mean I use full bitmaps in demo all the time. The bitmaps.map file is not however, and with swordedit/eschaton grah I lost my train of thought
Hm, okay, I was mainly talking about bitmaps.map files which is what x0v3rKiLx was having trouble with.

But from my experience, not all bitmap changes in Full can be done in the same way as in Demo with the same effect - thus making them not truly compatible. Take for instance, the HUD mod used in my port (the one you linked above) for Demo. The ammo, grenade, items, as far as I can remember are not really aligned correctly. In the original Refresh, Andor didn't even bother try porting those elements since he couldn't get them to work correctly either.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 am

Yeah the HUD is all internal in my maps, all that I did with the FTW Bitmaps was internalize them in the map through Eschaton. Simple 1-step editing really. I just needed help getting the tools for the job if you will :)