What kind of modder are you?

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Mgalekgolo
Commando

What kind of modder are you?

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:50 pm

I was reading that topic about the anniversary mod and I thought about something... When people make a mod they tend to stick with a certain style, so if you play it, you can say, "oh moxus made this because its made of scenery" and shit. But yeah, post how you mod and what you regularly do.
me:
I suck at image editing. I tend to do meta edits ect. only. I usually stick with the old no ripping creedo but I have allowed for small rips. My recent mod was made entirely with my tags and editing, apart from the warthog which was ripped from halomaps per a request. I tend to want to make my mods look good, without the bitmap editing. I believe with my swamp mod, with its tastefully arranged scenic bipeds I made, and my AI mod, which utilized moxus' night lightmaps to make it a pitch black mod. And with my homunculus mod, not the shitty 0.75, but my recent revamp bumping it to a full release. I think I made the bipeds look good with the color changes, but that mod had cutscene issues, taking away from the looks factor. Now don't start thinking this is a topic for me to say "Oh I are amashing moddah" or someshit, this was a sort of self-evaluation, and I chose what I liked about my mods. Blablabla words. Now post your shit. All 5 or some shit halo modders left here >_>.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

kiddten
Commando

Re: What kind of modder are you?

Post by kiddten » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:56 pm

I've only finished mods that are texture changes, but I used to try make weapons that felt different but wouldn't be picked over the default weapons. Was not an easy job.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Unknown-D
Peon

Post by Unknown-D » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 am

I make mods that are mostly AI's with H3 weapons and stuff(not very original, I know). I pretty much suck at bitmap editing, I did try a couple of times but it turned out to be a complete fail in the end. I only know a couple meta edits in Eschaton.

To sum it up: I'm a rather failed modder who only knows how to rip.
May peace prevail in this world.
Perhaps I should mod Halo again. Soon.

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:41 am

Weapons and vehicles, man. Weapons and vehicles.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:58 pm

When modding i try to edit every aspect of a map i deem necessary. From vehicles to bipeds, from weapons to effects and all that shit. I enjoy working with bitmaps to create HUD's, new effects but also giving a decent new look to old models. I tend to stick with Halo's original design for stuff, and i always import the new content i make into new maps rather than editing the original data.

My problem is that since i modify everything i am often carried away by my work. I get distracted easily by more ideas to develop and things to add to a map, and am almost never satisfied with the complete result. This prevents me from releasing maps, rendering useless all my efforts in making things fair for gameplay and all of this stupid crap.

TL;DR: i mod cool things but never release
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 pm

I don't mod.

{DKW}drk

Post by {DKW}drk » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Pretty much anything thats doesnt have to do with codes

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:09 pm

I try to mod every aspect, but also try to keep balance in the game. Have it so people choose their weapon of choice like the regular halo, not just one super-weapon. inb4 pistol.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

I know how to do things from hex editing to modeling, not very much in depth in any one field. And I'm too un-creative to make my own mods.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:52 am

Modify everything, keep balance.
Everything and anything that can be modified will be modified.
Might Release Retribution V2 soon, after 3 years of me maybe releasing it.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:56 am

I lean more towards weapons and effe. I'm not good at bitmapping, though I find it funny how it was actually Halo that 'made' me learn GIMP.
Theres also that 2 year old mod that will never exit out of beta. :\ Can't finish it either because I'm on Lion.
Click!

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:57 am

Sugarlumps wrote:I lean more towards weapons and effe. I'm not good at bitmapping, though I find it funny how it was actually Halo that 'made' me learn GIMP.
Theres also that 2 year old mod that will never exit out of beta. :\ Can't finish it either because I'm on Lion.
This is probably me too, but i can't finish it because I use my PC primarliy.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:39 am

I suck at modding. I swap weapons(projectiles) and models as well as sounds and particles.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:15 am

Eschaton, Swordedit, and more Eschaton.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

a bullet

Post by a bullet » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:25 am

^

bump

I haven't released anything yet but I tend to alter everything to the point where it is barely CSS but still playable and not laggy. I add non-collidable scenery such as plants to original maps, change weapon spawns, the weapons themselves (IE rate of fire, projectile swap, # of projectiles per shot, trigger lock, etc.) and completely overhaul everything through extensive bitmapping, along with occasionally rip antr and mod2 tags from CMT maps that still compliment the Halo 1 style.
Whenever I see Nuthead's avatar all I can see is a sad, abandoned cigarette butt that is forced to spend the holidays all alone in the cold.