Need Help with HMT

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Need Help with HMT

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:29 am

I need to know how to import tags from another campaign map, internalize bitmaps from an external bitmaps.map file, and edit tag meta data in HMT.

I also need to know how to rebuild that map once finished editing. Honestly, I've only worked with Eschaton and no offense to whoever made HMT, but Eschaton's UI is just a lot simpler and more user friendly...or noob friendly as I'm sure many of the vets reading this are thinking right now >.<

Helpz?
New York's #1 Halo: Reach Player (KDR)

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: Need Help with HMT

Post by TaxiService » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:00 am

:roll: HMT was made long before Eschaton. It is a much more crude tool.

Anyway, uh try checking this out. (the title is about models injection, but that's actually how you import anything. The model part is only for, yeah, models.)

About rebuilding it… um, i am not sure. :-\ I seem to recall you'll have to use HMT .5 to do some shit… try searching for tutorials in the Halo Demo board.

To internalize bitmaps there was a specific application (called Bitmap Internalizer IIRC) that i used to use before that Eschaton could do it. It should be at HDM… and here it is.

PS: you are trying to import all those tags with HMT instead of eschaton, right?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 pm

x0v3rKiLx wrote:I need to know how to import tags from another campaign map, internalize bitmaps from an external bitmaps.map file, and edit tag meta data in HMT.

I also need to know how to rebuild that map once finished editing. Honestly, I've only worked with Eschaton and no offense to whoever made HMT, but Eschaton's UI is just a lot simpler and more user friendly...or noob friendly as I'm sure many of the vets reading this are thinking right now >.<

Helpz?
derp.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 pm

Vegerot wrote:
x0v3rKiLx wrote:I need to know how to import tags from another campaign map, internalize bitmaps from an external bitmaps.map file, and edit tag meta data in HMT.

Helpz?
derp.
How do either of those links help?
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Guys, consider this thread obsolete (sorta).

Eschaton 0.7 works with importing tags and rebuilding campaign maps, while 0.8 doesn't. Mgalek of all people helped me solve that problem. I do have another thread up now with a child question. Thanks for your help.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:28 am

Jumped the gun guys >.<

While B40 is far more stable, I still can't import custom tags into C40. The map crashes when custom tags are loaded, but runs fine up until then, so it's not a rebuilding problem with Eschaton. =/

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:35 am

It could be that your using corrupt or CMT tags. I just ran a test a few days ago. the new (2011 upload of spv2) for c40 crashes for me when I shoot a gun or an enemy shoots, that never used to happen, I tried one of the old ones and it crashed similarly. I also tried ripping some of those tags and using them in b30(the most stable map for modding) So all the weapons would crash when used in sp. What I tested in bloodgulch (full): Spiker, New assault rifle, Carbine, Brute shot, needler, plasma rifle, and SMG. The only one that crashed was the carbine, and I determined it wasn't the proj, it was the firing effect, because I did a quick proj swap to check if that was the problem. The sketchy thing is when I imported the CMT banshee and replaced it with the banshee, it worked perfectly and shot its gun and shit, but I couldn't get much farther than that.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:05 am

I guess I'll just have to go bare minimum and import tags one at a time, rebuilding the map each time (ugh...). I am importing the CMT plasma rifle, but it's not being referenced. I phased out the CMT plasma rifle after the alpha stage of the mod. Now I'm using a Halo 3 plasma rifle model from Unknown-D's Reflection mod for Halo Demo.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:11 pm

I got the CMT plasma rifle working in d40.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

x0v3rKiLx
Peon

Post by x0v3rKiLx » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah I haven't touched on D40 yet, I'm attacking B40 and C40 head on right now, since those two maps have seemed to give me the biggest issues. I just got C10 finished with everything imported and working, so progress is being made. Half the campaign is now complete and multiplayer will be a breeze to make quickly.