Taking VG screenshots on my MacBook Pro

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Xamikaze330

Taking VG screenshots on my MacBook Pro

Post by Xamikaze330 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:10 pm

How do I take a screenshot on my computer, a MacBook Pro, in a video game like Halo: Combat Evolved? I've received some tips on how to do it, but so far I've had little to no luck in taking a screenshot. I thought maybe I had to play it in a window, but I don't know if that would help. Anyone have any further tips and info on how I can do this?

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: Taking VG screenshots on my MacBook Pro

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Shift+command+3. Command is where the home key would be on windows. If you experience problems like white maps, Go to resolution, in the halo settings(while in full screen), find your native resolution (1280X800 for 13" macbook pro's) and set your resolution to that. Hit ok to save it and Ok again at settings. Now start it up in windowed mode, it should be the size of your screen. Be warned, minor cutoff on the top due to the menu bar.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:56 pm

1st of all, thank you for taking my advice Kamikaze.

2nd, to hide your menu bar you:
1. Go to your Halo application.
2. Right Click it and choose Show Package Contents
3. Go to Halo's Contents folder and open up Info.plist
4. You can see expandable list with the Root as, well, main root. Expand it.
5. Highlight Click on Root and create New Child by clicking on the button nearby. It's so big up there, I know you could find it. :/
6. New Property List name will be LSUIPresentationMode, with class Number and value 4
7. Save it and open Halo: Combat Evolved. After the change takes effect, you will have your Dock and menu bar automatically hidden
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Dead Site
Veteran

Post by Dead Site » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Long-time necro here but if you want to be a fancy bastard, press Shift+Command+4 (allows to capture part of the screen) then press the space bar. Your cursor/crosshair will turn into an obnoxious camera. hey, apple updated it in Lion or something so it looks /slightly/ better as a digital camera now! hoooraaaaayy~ Then move that camera cursor around on to the window you want to screenshot, works with pretty much every window. Press Esc to cancel your screenshot before you click the window. Then you will get a perfect screenshot of that window, fitted to canvas with no extra bits or Fireworks/Photoshop magic, and with the window's shadow still, if enabled.

Result, as seen everywhere else on this site and HDM:

tl;dr http://take-a-screenshot.org/
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198023999718]Image[/url]