Halo (full) Game Day

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Tucker933
Peon

Halo (full) Game Day

Post by Tucker933 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:21 am

Many members from the OC community will be taking part in a game night on our Dallas game server. Anyone else from the Halo community is welcome to join, which of course includes you guys.

We will be playing this Sunday at 1pm PST/4pm EST/9pm GMT

The mods we will be playing can be found here if you would like to check them out-
Phoenix 2
Parallax Redux

IP: 173.199.100.64
Pass: gameday
Last edited by Tucker933 on Fri May 10, 2013 9:22 am, edited 8 times in total.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: Halo (full) Gamenight

Post by nil » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:21 am

Sounds interesting. Maybe I will show up, but I'm not usually interested in playing weapon/vehicle changing mods.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:23 pm

nil wrote:Sounds interesting. Maybe I will show up, but I'm not usually interested in playing weapon/vehicle changing mods.
They're well balanced, beyond that of the stock sets at least
Last edited by Tucker933 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Post by nil » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Hey look, it got moved all the way to announcements. Now, no one wil see this thread =p. Balanced is debatable, although it was still pretty fun.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:53 am

nil wrote:Hey look, it got moved all the way to announcements.
I don't think I understand the reasoning ...sorry?
nil wrote:Balanced is debatable, although it was still pretty fun.
Something you have to get a feel for, like any game. Glad you enjoyed them though.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Tell us more about Open Carnage.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Sparky wrote:Tell us more about Open Carnage.
It wouldn't be appropriate for me to discuss on another forum.
Though if you're interested, of course feel free to check it out =]

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 pm

I asked, and so it's appropriate. The rules here at MGM might be much less strict than on other forums; we typically only follow a set of common ethics rules. Since it seems like you're taking the stance of "outsider", I invite you to explain the purposes of the other forum you mentioned. I looked for myself before I asked, but was unable to ascertain an answer. Therefore, I asked here.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Sparky wrote:I asked, and so it's appropriate. The rules here at MGM might be much less strict than on other forums; we typically only follow a set of common ethics rules. Since it seems like you're taking the stance of "outsider", I invite you to explain the purposes of the other forum you mentioned. I looked for myself before I asked, but was unable to ascertain an answer. Therefore, I asked here.
Always weary of the trick questions from a community I don't personally know, so, sorry for initially dodging the question. I guess I've had too much experience with Modacity =p

We're a fresh community with most all of our registered users active daily, primarily users who would frequent modhalo before it was hacked. It was down for a couple months because most of the administration which could have done something were inactive, so we ended up starting another forum as sort of a refuge for the community. Following some drama with the administration after the forums came back up, I decided to keep opencarnage going, and the community ended up staying due to our activity and lack of silly drama.

At the moment we don't really have a big niche like modding that brings in fresh users like modding resources and support, we didn't have any interest to compete with modhalo so it's stayed as mostly a community forum. Users are able to submit specific news articles they find interesting on just about any subject, with a specific usergroup that goes through and checks them out to be posted to a specific section for discussion, which gets mirrored and synced to our front page to help attract new members.

We have a dedicated Minecraft server with dynmap that syncs to our forums and often run gamenights on Halo or TF2 about every week on our other servers. At the moment our Minecraft server is down as we wait for Bukkit to release RB 1.2, though we expect it to be back up soon.
In general we're a friendly community with a mature staff whom are all interested in seeing our forum grow.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 am

Tell them about HaloDemoMods.com, the wiki which I started for MGM. I know you folks would enjoy the resources we've put up there. I would also appreciate contributions to that halo modding wiki. It's quite self-explanatory if you consider it a modding wiki.

http://www.halodemomods.com/

There's also a shortcut to the Halo Demo MGM forum using this URL:

http://forum.halodemomods.com/

With the imminent release of Pearl 2.0 which can convert demo/CE maps to Full, you'll see more effort on my part in making a page for each mod and attaching the halo full version of each demo mod to the mods' pages.

The Mod Database is mostly for use by HDemoLauncher, where the list of all the mods is published on a single page. This should ideally be a template, so I'll have my work cut out for me there also.

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 pm

We're kicking off another game night for old times sake, I've updated the OP with the new details.
Anyone here interested?

kiddten
Commando

Re: Halo (full) Game Day

Post by kiddten » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 pm

I would loved to have joined you, however I have recently had surgery on my mouse arm and it's in a cast. have fun though!
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Tucker933
Peon

Post by Tucker933 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:54 am

kiddten wrote:I would loved to have joined you, however I have recently had surgery on my mouse arm and it's in a cast. have fun though!
Sorry to hear =\
If there's a next time, I hope you can make it

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 am

Wait, is this due in seven hours? BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I mean, if i don't forget, count me the fuck in!!!!!!!!
also: why not using haloMD? : ?
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:29 am

I'll join, if it hasn't gone on already.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.