how do i convert maps from demo to full?

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

duffman2113

how do i convert maps from demo to full?

Post by duffman2113 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:43 am

I recently got a new mac and a lot of the old modding programs for halo don't work anymore, including demo hack 3.0 which i used to convert my modded demo maps to halo full. How do i convert the maps to halo full without this program?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TJHagStudio

xbox live gamertag: duffman2113

>!!<

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: how do i convert maps from demo to full?

Post by nil » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 pm

duffman2113 wrote:I recently got a new mac and a lot of the old modding programs for halo don't work anymore, including demo hack 3.0 which i used to convert my modded demo maps to halo full. How do i convert the maps to halo full without this program?
Demo Hack doesn't convert maps. It converts the header in demo maps allowing you to open them with traditional tools like HHK and HMT. I don't think anyone uses Demo Hack anymore, or at least rarely, since tools like Eschaton and swordedit are around and all.

Currently you can use Pearl (see Halo Demo forum) to convert maps from Full to Demo, but not the other way around yet. Modzy is working on being able to convert Demo maps to Full ones.
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:50 am

About Pearl, I hear it's almost at version 2.0, which should properly convert demo or CE maps to Full. I'm looking forward to this. Modzy showed me a preview where he converted Bloodgulch Extreme to Full and it worked just fine, but he had not internalized the bitmaps yet. It seems like we'll see a version 2.0 quite soon.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:25 am

Sparky wrote:About Pearl, I hear it's almost at version 2.0, which should properly convert demo or CE maps to Full. I'm looking forward to this. Modzy showed me a preview where he converted Bloodgulch Extreme to Full and it worked just fine, but he had not internalized the bitmaps yet. It seems like we'll see a version 2.0 quite soon.
Look in the Pearl thread, it has a download for your map converted to full I posted a few weeks back. Pearl can convert demo to full 100%, it's other features that are not finished.