HALO UNIVERSAL BINARY OSX SIERRA

Everything about Halo and its mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

BARNABUS

HALO UNIVERSAL BINARY OSX SIERRA

Post by BARNABUS » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:24 am

I just downloaded halo universal binary and updated to 2.04 but when I try to join a multiplayer game, I get an error trying to connect to the server
anybody know how to fix this?
I have also downloaded halomd and it runs fine but I can't see the servers from gamespy on it. it might be possible to join a gamespy server running halo md and using a direct ip, but the regular maps are not included with halomd so i need either a fix for the universal binary error or somewhere where i can download unmodded maps for halomd
cheers!

Ranger

Re: HALO UNIVERSAL BINARY OSX SIERRA

Post by 002 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:22 pm

You'll need to use this patch

http://macgamingmods.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=18764

The original Gamespy servers are gone and will never come back. This patch has the new master server, basically putting it in line with Halo PC 1.10.

nil
Halo Moderator
Halo Moderator

Re: HALO UNIVERSAL BINARY OSX SIERRA

Post by nil » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:27 pm

BARNABUS wrote:I just downloaded halo universal binary and updated to 2.04 but when I try to join a multiplayer game, I get an error trying to connect to the server
anybody know how to fix this?
I have also downloaded halomd and it runs fine but I can't see the servers from gamespy on it. it might be possible to join a gamespy server running halo md and using a direct ip, but the regular maps are not included with halomd so i need either a fix for the universal binary error or somewhere where i can download unmodded maps for halomd
cheers!
You can also extract the maps from the Halo Universal Binary and put them in MD's maps folder (Mods -> Reveal Mods in Finder from the menu bar). Specific games from the PC lobby can be added to your MD lobby (Game -> Show Favorites from the menu bar).
I am no longer active to Halo or MGM, and don't guarantee a response on the forums or through email. I will however linger around the discord room for general chatting. It's been fun!