seabeast
Green Beret

Halo Custom Edition for Mac

Post by seabeast » Sun May 17, 2009 1:46 pm

Required materials:
An Intel Mac Laptop
Crossover Games
Finder
Halo CE (http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=410)
mfc42.dll (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?mfc42)
pidgen.dll (http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?pidgen)
A CD Key
The ability to read

1. Download Halo CE from HaloMaps.org
2. Google both .dll's and download them.
3. Go Username>Library>Application Support>Crossover Games>Bottles>Winxp>Drive_C>Windows>System32 and dump mfc42.dll and pidgen.dll in there.
4. Open Crossover Games
5. From the Menubar go Programs>Run Command...
6. Make sure it says winxp, click browse, find the installer, and hit run.
7. Follow through all the instructions, enter your CD key when asked.
8. It should install fine and be done.
9. Go run command... again
10a. In order for the updater to work, you need to open port 80. Choose your router at this portforwarding site, and then choose Halo from the list of games. Follow the instructions.
10b. Browse Program Files>Microsoft Games>Halo Custom Edition>haloupdate.exe
11. Run it and let it go and it should disappear when it's done.
12. Go run command... again again
13. Browse Program Files>Microsoft Games>Halo Custom Edition>Haloce.exe -window
14. Click save command and then click run.
15. To find the maps folder, go Username>Library>Application Support>Crossover Games>Winxp>Drive_C>Program Files>Microsoft Games>Halo Custom Edition>Maps. Right click maps and make alias. Drag the alias to your desktop so you can add maps.
16. The app will be under Username>Applications>Crossover Games. You can make an alias and put it with the maps folder.
17. There is no 17!

Steps in green are not needed but are relevant.

Notes:
Add -console after -window if you wish to use SP maps. Add -devmode for devmode.
For SP maps, hit alt ~, then type map_name <mapname>
Mouse lags a little bit, not much.

Credit to Zanghfei for figuring this out, I just translated it.

Credit to Gravy for giving me the links to the dlls cause I didn't think of that xD

Sticky please!
Last edited by seabeast on Sat May 14, 2011 4:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

zapconquest
Ranger

Re: Halo Custom Edition for Mac (Sticky please)

Post by zapconquest » Sun May 17, 2009 3:31 pm

You don't need "a mac laptop," you just need an intel mac (required to run crossover games).

Noodle
Delta Force

Re: Halo Custom Edition for Mac

Post by Noodle » Mon May 18, 2009 9:47 am

Would an iMac G5 running OSX 10.4.11 work?

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon May 18, 2009 3:12 pm

It might. Haven't tested that as I only have Leopard. Go be the 10.4.11 tester and tell me your findings. You can use the free trial to see.
Last edited by seabeast on Mon May 25, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 pm

Are there any free versions of crossover games?
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon May 18, 2009 4:50 pm

<_< Free trial. Buy for $40. >_>

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue May 19, 2009 3:19 am

>.>

I tried downloading crossover and it stopped at like... 12 kb. Wouldn't go any further.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Mon May 25, 2009 10:19 am

Seafire wrote:Would an iMac G5 running OSX 10.4.11 work?
No, it is not an intel. Also Seabees, your post saying it would just shows how much you actually know how this works.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon May 25, 2009 10:35 am

Do you really have to keep telling everyone how they don't know how it works? Knowing how it works defeats the magic!
Devious wrote:*Hides from oncoming wrath*

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Mon May 25, 2009 11:00 am

Beast O' Teh Sea wrote:Do you really have to keep telling everyone how they don't know how it works? Knowing how it works defeats the magic!
Devious wrote:*Hides from oncoming wrath*
yeah, I think we should keep what we know to ourselves, because that really benefits the community a lot. Yeah, now that you bring that point up about 'defeating the magic' all makes it fall into place. Yup, I know that Alt really became respected in the community for telling us all to bugger off when we ask how something works. Or Brimstone, or was that before your time? I think it was because of your intelligence level in comparison to what you want to tell us all about how this was figured out or how it works.

A ) you don't need an intel laptop, infact unless you have a high end laptop Halo is going to run shitty on the laptop because it has a shitty graphics card.
B ) your directions on how to install are wrong, you are going to get more errors with the install from the run command than doing install unsupported software, which is something I tried with my new macbook pro, and it works just fine.
C ) your inability to understand the concept of the making the process free, which is what Darwine would have done, make the whole process free for everyone to do.

Next time try picking fights with someone that you can actually talk some sense to without sounding like a moron. I have been modding long enough to know when it is not a good idea to reveal stuff, and the times where it is. Right now is a good idea to reveal the fact that all you and Zanghfei did was run an installer in a virtual environment that uses windows APIs on a mac. Great job, do you know how it is able to display those graphics in DirectX? Because I bet you did not do any research into finding out how.

Also you might want to go find some magic then? Because you never had any.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon May 25, 2009 11:31 am

*Emerges from hiding*

So why haven't you told everyone how it works if your such an all knowing being? I personally beta'd 3 of BRIMSTONE's mods, and still have one unreleased, so I believe I was here.

Point A) Which I do have a high end laptop, and it's not my fault other people don't.
Point B ) Which is something I tried with my new Macbook, and got the vsh shader error.
Point C) Once again, I'm not telling everyone "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS"

No I do not, No I have not. If you know, maybe you could tell everyone, unless your so much higher that we don't deserve your wisdom?

I still don't know how this whole thing works, you've said it yourself. So it still is magic! How does it work O' great one?

*Hides even further from oncoming wrath*

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 am

Let's keep it clean, fellas.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 am

Beast O' Teh Sea wrote:*Emerges from hiding*

So why haven't you told everyone how it works if your such an all knowing being? I personally beta'd 3 of BRIMSTONE's mods, and still have one unreleased, so I believe I was here.

Point A ) Which I do have a high end laptop, and it's not my fault other people don't.
Point B ) Which is something I tried with my new Macbook, and got the vsh shader error.
Point C ) Once again, I'm not telling everyone "YOU HAVE TO DO THIS"

No I do not, No I have not. If you know, maybe you could tell everyone, unless your so much higher that we don't deserve your wisdom?

I still don't know how this whole thing works, you've said it yourself. So it still is magic! How does it work O' great one?

*Hides even further from oncoming wrath*
Well for starters, you missed the point I was making about how intelligent you are being about this. The way you are going about doing this is the same way as saying 'oh yeah, you launch halo and there are your maps to play' that does not tell me at all how maps are read into the engine and then translated into a working game. You have a high end laptop, good for you, I do too, but you know what? this is for any Mac that has an intel processor in it, not just laptops, you might want to clarify that on your tutorial. Also your vsh shader problem is fault of install, I have CE and PC running on my macbook pro right now without a problem and installed the way I said. I never said you were saying that. I was just making the point that when I did it originally that was the idea behind it, that way everyone could use it, not just those that decided to use the crossover games trial or try and pirate the app. And before you go questioning me, I did already make posts describing exactly how it works and what needs to be done for it to work. Codeweaver's applications Crossover and Crossover Games are closed source, which means I don't have access to them, so I cannot tell you exactly how they did it, but I did explain how it would be done in Darwine. Also in conclusion there is no wrath here, just you being humiliated.

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon May 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Modzy has given me some information which resolves this problem. Good day.

Hostbot
Ranger

Post by Hostbot » Mon May 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Dirk Gently wrote:
Seafire wrote:Would an iMac G5 running OSX 10.4.11 work?
No, it is not an intel. Also Seabees, your post saying it would just shows how much you actually know how this works.
It does work. All versions of Mac OS X are ready for PPC and Intel.