Import energy sword

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

dufflepud

Import energy sword

Post by dufflepud » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:13 pm

could some one take the energy sword from zodiark's advanced energy swords mod, and make it so that MC spawns with it in the silent cartographer? Please? I know there are tons of energy sword mods, but there are none like this, trust me i've checked

Noodle
Delta Force

Re: Import energy sword

Post by Noodle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

When you realize how simple this is, you will literally proceed to slap yourself in the face.

level 1 kid

Post by level 1 kid » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Seafire wrote:When you realize how simple this is, you will literally proceed to slap yourself in the face.
Lol, just change the scnr (scenario) starting weapons with the sword. If you don't know how to do this look for a tri-force mod tut. (that's how i learned)

Well, that's if you extracted the tags. Open and expand a the map find the tags you need and goto map(at the top) and extract tag(external)

open and expand your mod map and click <MapName>.map and import the tags.

Have fun!
Level 1 kid. :D
--Level 1 kid
making: RetroGultch - the grayscale mod -- canceled (school)

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

I have figured out how to change the weapons in bloodgulch thanks to you, but i don't get how to do it in the silent cartographer. also, how do I import tags?

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 pm

1. In eschaton, open the map you want the tag from, select the tag you wish to extract/import, then from one of the drop-down menus (tools? I don't remember off the top of my head) and choose "extract recursively." The tag has now been loaded into memory.

2. You may close the map you extracted from if you wish. Open and expand (different from simply opening) the map you want to import into. Now choose the map, then choose the tag you extracted, and select import. Depending on what the tag is, you may want to choose either import duplicats or do not import duplicates. I usually just import duplicates anyway, which helps when I have dependencies I want to mess around with and tags I want to alter to use for new things, plus it lets you know what you have imported, since each new tag will now have a little symbol with it to say it was imported and that it's a duplicate, or to differentiate between the original.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

dufflepud

Post by dufflepud » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:45 am

I imported the tag, but when I got to the reference swapper and try to use the energy sword as the weapon i want to use as my starting weapon, the energy sword is not listed as a weapon

also, I still dont understand how to find the starting weapon in reference swapper for the silent cartographer