It might be good
100%
Kinda bad
No votes

Total votes: 1

Yayap the Grunt

Battle in the Skies

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:42 pm

You may think I want to take the Spartans to the sky but it goes different.

A Mod I'd like is:

Many Banshees around the map
AI (Bots) that get into the banshees and drive them, no teams, practically Slayer
Meanwhile, in the ground the only available vehicle is the Covenant Turret (the pink turret) There might as well be some AI on there too firing at the Banshees in the sky.

I do not know much about modding so I don't know if this is possible, but if It isn't, please let me know.

Kayar
Delta Force

Re: Battle in the Skies

Post by Kayar » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:41 pm

This is possible, to an extent.

We do not need AI who get into the banshees, in modding we must use vehicles to spawn AI anyway, so the AI would automatically be in the banshees. The wraith would be easily possible, except that it's illegal, but I believe a wraith in bloodgulch has been done before, though some may grumble about this thin loophole around our legal responsibility, but getting to deeply into that leads to arguments and hell.

If AI are included on the ground, they will not be able to shoot at the banshees in the sky, as currently there is no way to pit AI against each other in a multiplayer map. Also, the AI will not sync, which means that playing this mod with your friends online will not be possible, you will only be able to play it alone.

I am only stating these things, I do not plan to make the mod myself, I have too much else to work on...
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 pm

but vehicles sync, so shouldn't ai in vehicles sync?
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:03 am

I don't want a wraith. Bloodgulch has a covenant turret in it. One that is pink, they're in some mods.

Here's a link to the image of the turret. It's in the far back, where the banshee should be.

http://www.halodemomods.com/wiki/File:G ... lFight.JPG

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:39 pm

-.- I know what the turret is, thanks. You don't get as far as I am in modding not knowing what a Shade is.

Also, Bunnies, no. -.- I thought you knew better. The reason AI don't sync is because their actions, movements, and decisions differ for host and joiners. That means AI in shees or other vehicles won't sync either. It's all based on the different random decisions the AI may or may not make. I also recall testing once with a version of my experiment 13 mod with Zap and Mox, and they couldn't even see the AI in that mod.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:24 pm

What if we made an AI with no random decisions? (all chance variables set to 1 or 0 only)

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:34 pm

and here i thought vehicle positions would sync with ai in it -_-
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 am

2310 wrote:What if we made an AI with no random decisions? (all chance variables set to 1 or 0 only)
You mean trying to beat the system?
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:09 pm

Frinîk wrote:
2310 wrote:What if we made an AI with no random decisions? (all chance variables set to 1 or 0 only)
You mean trying to beat the system?
Since that means essentially eliminating all AI behavior, then sure, it could be done.

You would just end up with an AI who simply stands in place and is incapable of movement or firing, because you would have eliminated the AI. You get the same thing by just spawning a biped.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:49 pm

No ... I mean all behavior is now entirely predictable, so that the AI will make exactly the same decisions on both the host & player computers.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Well, that's my point. The only predictable AI behavior is standing still and not doing anything. It defeats the purpose of an AI. It's what behavior is.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Ranger

Post by 2310 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 pm

Kayar wrote:Well, that's my point. The only predictable AI behavior is standing still and not doing anything. It defeats the purpose of an AI. It's what behavior is.
What if you always make it run at things, then make it pilot a vehicle? The vehicle location would sync in the beginning, and the AI would then work exactly the same on the host & player computer, because it would always run at the chosen target.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:05 pm

And which is the chosen target, then? The AI is programmed to only deal with one player host, not a host and client. The AI's reactions and decisions are based on what the single player does, if there is more than one player, more than one "master chief," then the AI must react to each as if it were player 1, hence, on player 2's screen we see the AI running at him and attacking him, but on the host's screen the AI is running at the host and attacking him, meaning player 2 is not actually in any real danger but cannot see that and cannot see that player 1 is being mauled. On top of this, previous research by Fonzie has proven that the only way to get AI to all start in the same place for all players is to have all players in the game already when the game begins. In Fonzie's example, he used Gameranger to have all clients connect at the same time as the host. If all clients did not join at the same time, then the AI on the client map would spawn for the client when the client joined, whereas on the host's screen the AI has obviously already spawned and moved since spawning, but the client does not see this.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig

Yayap the Grunt

Post by Yayap the Grunt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Would it work, then, if I played alone by creating it in Lan instead of internet (so no other players join) ?

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Of course. You could play it on your own, just not with other people, same with all AI mods.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig