Banshee flight limit

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

joebro123

Banshee flight limit

Post by joebro123 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Could anyone please make a tutorial or give me a link to let the banshee have no flying height limit? I tried to explore myself and found nothing, but I know its possible cause I've seen it before. ?? :(

Kayar
Delta Force

Re: Banshee flight limit

Post by Kayar » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 pm

It's called the vehicle ceiling, there should be a tutorial in the Tutorials section on it. In fact, there is, and this is it, all done by me years ago:

1. Open bloodgulch.map in hexedit.

2. Cmnd+J, go to "psbsmtib"

3. You should be at line 810 now. Look at line 820. You will see a question mark followed by several dots followed by the number "0" next to the letter "A".

4a. Now, you can do one of a few things. If you want to completely rid the map of the vehicle ceiling, allowing vehicles to fly as high as the real map ceiling, then delete the 0A by changing their hex values to 00.

4b. IF however you do not wish to completely delete the ceiling, then change the values to the height you want the ceiling at. HOWEVER, I have not experimented with this, thus I do not know what values you would have to enter in. You'll have to experiment yourself.

5. Save the file and quit hexedit. You know what to do from there. Play the map in Halo. You can test your vehicle ceiling by grabbing a banshee and flying as high up as you can in it.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

joebro123

Post by joebro123 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:45 am

Thanks a ton kayar it works great!

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:10 am

Orr you can edit the vehicle ceiling in echation in teh scnr tag or the Matg tag.....
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:20 am

Frinîk wrote:Orr you can edit the vehicle ceiling in echation in teh scnr tag or the Matg tag.....
Yeah, I think this is the way modders do it these days ...

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:43 pm

Bah. Back in my day, that plugin had the wrong value, so it didn't work.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:30 am

i don't think it works nowdays either but idk...

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:09 am

In the bsp tag, if you edit the vehicle ceiling then, there would still be a limit in bloodgulch, no matter how much you put it (or even 0 ). You can go higher, but there will be a limit that stops you eventually (and its not that high). I dunno about hexedit though, listen to Kayar.
Last edited by Sugarlumps on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click!

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:02 pm

Sugarlumps wrote:listen to Kayar.
Very good advice.
~Kayar~
MGM Sig