Pushing the limits of modding to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Vegerot
SEAL

Pushing the limits of modding to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Post by Vegerot » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Since my wife has recently won a $50,000 lottery I think I'll "give motivation" to make modders make something awesome!
Here it is. If you can make a mod that has: Halo 2 physics and Halo 3 graphics then I will add $50 to your PayPal account. Or if it has Halo 2 graphics and Halo 3 physics. I will add $75 to yours if you can make it so that it has Halo 2 graphics and Halo: Reach physics, Halo: Reach graphics and Halo 2 physics, Halo 3 graphics and physics. You get $100 if it has Halo 3 graphics and Halo: Reach physics or Halo 3 physics and Halo: Reach graphics. You will get $150 if it has Halo: Reach graphics and physics!!!

Do you know the REAL reason why I'm doing this? I already have Halo: Reach, Halo 3, :ODST, Halo 2, Halo: Combat Evolved so I don't need to emulate Reach when I already have it. It's because I want to push modding to a whole new era. What do I mean by that? Read on!

I have been download a lot of mods lately (and deleting a bunch do help my poor HD space :( ), and, although there are a bunch of good mods that I really enjoy, it's just the same thing over and over and over again. Just doing things in Eschaton, Swordedit, creating new tags, making new maps, and remodeling things (I know I didn't get everything but please let me finish). And I was thinking that there was really nothing that was truly exceptional (O.K. that was a lie, I have seen some exceptional maps, but just nothing really "new") there. So I started thinking on how to make a new era for modding, completely push the barriers to something never imagined before! And then I realized If we're gonna do this we're gonna have to start from scratch. So, completely throw out, the physics, the graphics, meta data, everything except the core code (which when you take away those things doesn't leave much left). To create a completely new Halo: Combat Evolved.

I know that this isn't gonna be a week, probably not a month, and maybe a year. I also won't be expecting any of you to do this alone, I will be trying to make a team of 10-30 of the best a brightest modders and programmers here. I will most likely give the "prize" money to Mac Gaming Mods (or I could just split it between you all evenly?). I have resources to spare and I will give up a lot of my free time to work on this. (FUCK! Just lost my train of thought! Can't remember what I was going to say!!!) Check back here soon for more info (or as soon as I remember what I was going to say, I remember it was very smart, and vital to convince you)....

And I, like many of you, am a modder. So I know that you will need more then just Eschaton to do this. This is probably more then modding, it is programming. You up for it?! If you do it you will have enough money to buy the full version!
I will be trying to contact a bunch of you to ask if you want to help. But if you wan't to start more quickly than you can ask me right here if you want!
Last edited by Vegerot on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Noodle
Delta Force

Re: Contest for REAL money.

Post by Noodle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Vegerot wrote:Since my wife has
Vagrot's prof wrote:Age: 13

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:43 pm

And my XBL profile says I'm 93! Do you know how easy it is to lie about things on the internet? For all you know, I can be an alien pretending to be a human(shit! I just blew my cover. BACK TO THE MOTHERSHIP, RUN!!!).
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 pm

You're not funny or cool. Shut the fuck up.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Dude, take a chill pill. The Admins don't take off-topiness very well.
Anybody here want the money to help fund there future modding campaigns, buy another Halo game, or buy a hooker for all I care (it's gonna be tough finding one for less than $150 though). Because not only will you get money but you will push modding into a whole new area! Re-read my 1st post because I'm gonna edit it now.

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Vegerot wrote: I will add $75 to yours if you can make it so that it has Halo 2 graphics and Halo: Reach physics, Halo: Reach graphics and Halo 2 physics, Halo 3 graphics and physics. You get $100 if it has Halo 3 graphics and Halo: Reach physics or Halo 3 physics and Halo: Reach graphics. You will get $150 if it has Halo: Reach graphics and physics!!!
Vegerot wrote:Do you know how easy it is to lie about things on the internet?
Click!

xM4JoRx

Post by xM4JoRx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm in for it we should all work as a team and split the money

p.s I'm still learning how to mod.
but still i can learn a lot in a year
you gatta be kidin me

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:01 pm

You're not really the kind of person I'm looking for :( , but you can tag along though. This IS a public MGM project and anybody can help. But if all you do is texture a single pixel then your not really gonna get anything. So you can kinda be a spectator, watching us (or mainly them, hell, even I can't do that level of stuff!) do the stuff. If you have ANY friends that are experienced modders OR PROGRAMMERS (I am REALLY looking for programmers because we're gonna need both to get this done!) then tell them to join MGM and help us out with this project! But don't be scared that I'm gonna say at the end that nobody worked hard so nobody gets anything. You will know without me telling you if contributed enough. Also, I'm not gonna split the money depending on how hard you work. If you contribute, you get an even amount all around, if you really don't do anything then you don't get anything. But again, you're gonna know if you contributed enough.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Problem. It's possible to up the graphics in Halo to match Reach, but it will be impossible to play. The increased strain on an unoptimized, outdated engine will most likely cause it (or your mac) to freeze. There is a reason it hasn't been done, and that reason is not laziness.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Noodle wrote:
Vegerot wrote:Since my wife has
Vagrot's Maturity wrote:Age: 13
Fix'd
Vegerot wrote:Do you know how easy it is to lie about things on the internet?
Precisely!

Plus, I don't think anyone'll bother doing that for only $150
And.... we have no proof that you'll pay...

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:36 pm

LOLQUE?
Vegerot wrote:or buy a hooker for all I care (it's gonna be tough finding one for less than $150 though).

Yeah I'm going to need $250. That'll get me 1 hour.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:30 am

O.K., so I can't back a lot what I said up, but I'm not sure how I can. But do you at LEAST understand my reasons for doing this? I am trying to push the boundries of modding and create a whole new era of modding never thought possible before!

And I want you to know this. This is NOT a private little thing I'm doing. This is a public MGM project.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:31 am

Flaming Bunnies wrote:Problem. It's possible to up the graphics in Halo to match Reach, but it will be impossible to play. The increased strain on an unoptimized, outdated engine will most likely cause it (or your mac) to freeze. There is a reason it hasn't been done, and that reason is not laziness.
READ IT
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:57 am

Flaming Bunnies wrote:
Flaming Bunnies wrote:Problem. It's possible to up the graphics in Halo to match Reach, but it will be impossible to play. The increased strain on an unoptimized, outdated engine will most likely cause it (or your mac) to freeze. There is a reason it hasn't been done, and that reason is not laziness.
READ IT
Than what about ripping out the physics and making a new one? P.S. I know that the physics are like 90% of the game. But if, hypothetically, we had enough people and enough time, would it be possible?

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 am

Vegerot wrote:
Flaming Bunnies wrote:
READ IT
Than what about ripping out the physics and making a new one? P.S. I know that the physics are like 90% of the game. But if, hypothetically, we had enough people and enough time, would it be possible?
He's not talking about the physics, he's talking about the engine. If we were to ramp up the graphics of halo demo to the equivalent of Reach's, the halo 1 engine wouldn't be able to handle it, and would crash. These things you are asking for, if we were to do them, we would need to be making a new game, with a new engine and everything. not modding halo 1. Plus, flaming bunssies also said that most macs couldn't handle halo reach graphics anyways, which i'll agree on.