Pushing the limits of modding to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Vegerot
SEAL

Re: Pushing the limits of modding to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Post by Vegerot » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm 25!!!!! I hate that people think that I'm a kid! I guess it's some disease or something! Can the engine handle Halo 2 graphics?
Last edited by Vegerot on Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:30 pm

BACK ON TOPIC Can the engine handle Halo 2 graphics? And how much money does Havok cost. Havok is the engine used in all the Halo games after Combat Evolved and numerous other games and even some and a lot of famous ones at that!
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 pm

sure we can use halo 2 graphics, it may not look as good though.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am

Well then it isn't Halo 2 graphics! Halo 2 graphics means you have Halo 2 graphics. So if you say it won't have Halo 2 graphics then it won't have it lol!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:38 am

Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:09 pm

Mgalekgolo wrote:lol, lookie
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3757
What? It's better, but not Halo 2 level yet. And what about the engine?! Anybody know how to do that?!

Vegerot
SEAL

Re: Contest for REAL money.

Post by Vegerot » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Flaming Bunnies wrote:
Vegerot wrote:I think that Macs can handle the graphics of Reach. The newer Macs can definitely handle it! Of course you would have to practically close everything else on your computer to free up more RAM, but that's about it! The graphics isn't the main problem, it's the engine. Reach's engine is very complex and I'm not sure Macs have enough RAM to simulate it! You ever wondered why there is no 360 emulator? It's because of that (and 100 other things, both technical and legal).

You don't know shit about making games do you. THE. HALO. 1. ENGINE. IS. NOT. ABLE. TO. HANDLE. IT.
No matter how good your computer is.
I know! I said that a Mac could handle it! Provided we have a new engine! He said that Macintoshes couldn't handle it. The engine can't but the Mac has the capability of running the graphics!
I'm sorry for asking this because I'm sure this has been asked a million times before. But how do I convert this to demo?

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:14 pm

We can't export the engine.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:44 pm

The best we can do is to export models & bitmaps to a new engine, I think. I also think that's far more illegal than stealing Full content.

You could rebuild a Halo-inspired game using another engine, but that wouldn't be Halo modding anymore.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:24 am

^I I luve stealing some legal stuff ;D.

but, still. My computer is to old to breath ;P!
To rid legal stuff.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 am

I think it is going to take me making a new mod in order to change all your minds about the limitations of the Halo engine. Bungie did not take the engine to its fullest potential with the release of the storyline content.

I don't know about Halo graphics and sounds from other versions, but man... there can still be so much more done with our mods. It's not the limitations of the engine that make things look nice, but the creative use of high-quality content. And since the content thus far has been pretty mediocre, here are some suggestions:

1. Use photorealistic textures.
2. Use professionally-recorded music.
3. Create new or use existing high-quality models and give them Levels of Detail so that they maintain their high quality in the game.
4. Be willing to substitute textures for vertices.
5. Use more detailed atmospheric and weather effects and better sky models and animations in order to improve overall ambience.
6. Use fewer particles, but of a higher quality.
7. Populate levels wisely. For example, if you want to show a spaceship battle high in the sky, and the player never goes up there, then make it a part of the sky animation rather than using millions of vertices at that distance.
8. Use render portals, such as those used when you are inside and outside the bloodgulch base. When you are inside the middle, the outside is not rendered, and when you are outside, the base interior is not rendered. You can easily see this by changing the ground and base shaders to a transparent shader, or by playing a mod like Alien Homeworld.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:08 pm

And you guys said it wasn't possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9TzjhVSYH0&hd=1

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:48 pm

HOLY FUCK DID YOU SEE THAT!? 0_0 FUCK ANNIVERSARY!

So, now you should give the money to CMT, vegerot? :P (also, you are 26? what the flipping shit?)
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:00 am

But it's funny that all of you were saying that it was impossible. But they managed to it.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Only through open sauce. That will nevereverever get done on mac. Kinda because of open sauce though, but also because we still can't convert CE SP maps.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES