PPF master help

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

A Jew

PPF master help

Post by A Jew » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:49 pm

i need help using ppf because i want to convert some of the file form chromophobia mod

Dirk Gently
Commando

Re: PPF master help

Post by Dirk Gently » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:51 pm

A Jew wrote:i need help using ppf because i want to convert some of the file form chromophobia mod
can you make what you want to do a bit more clear?

Ayumi
Ranger

Post by Ayumi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Apply and Make PPFs wrote:BACK UP YOUR MAPS!!!!

!! You need PPFMaster in order to apply and create PPFs
!! PPF DO NOT WORK ON DIFFERENT MAPS!!! Eg. If you DL a mod for Blood Gulch you can’t change the name to sidewinder.ppf and expect it to work

Applying PPFs
By: neko-chan

1. Open PPFMaster
2. Click the top Browse... button and navigate to the map you want to patch, then click Choose
3. Click the Browse... button below the first and navigate to the .ppf you want to use to patch, then click Choose
4. Click Apply and wait.

At the bottom left of the window you should see "Status:". After an attempted application or creation, it should say Success, but if you make a mistake, it will instead say Failure.

Creating PPFs

In the Make section of PPFMaster, there are many more things you can do, but for our purposes, we want to leave everything at default.

1. To the right of the field next to 'Original:', there is a Browse... button. Click it and find the original map of whatever you modded (i.e. unmodded bloodgulch.map)
2. Directly below it, across the field from 'Modified:' is another Browse... button. Click that one and navigate to the map you modified (it must be the same map as the one you chose for Original)
3. Click Make, name your .ppf, and wait for PPFMaster to finish. At the bottom left it should say "Status: Success" when it's done.
Is that what you're looking for?

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf /

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:06 pm

neko-chan wrote:
Apply and Make PPFs wrote:BACK UP YOUR MAPS!!!!

!! You need PPFMaster in order to apply and create PPFs
!! PPF DO NOT WORK ON DIFFERENT MAPS!!! Eg. If you DL a mod for Blood Gulch you can’t change the name to sidewinder.ppf and expect it to work

Applying PPFs

1. Open PPFMaster
2. Click the top Browse... button and navigate to the map you want to patch, then click Choose
3. Click the bottom Browse... button below the first and navigate to the .ppf you want to use to patch, then click Choose
4. Click Apply and wait.

At the bottom left of the window you should see "Status:". After an attempted application or creation, it should say Success, but if you make a mistake, it will instead say Failure.

Creating PPFs

In the Make section of PPFMaster, there are many more things you can do, but for our purposes, we want to leave everything at default.

1. To the right of the field next to 'Original:', there is a Browse... button. Click it and find the original map of whatever you modded (i.e. unmodded bloodgulch.map)
2. Directly below it, across the field from 'Modified:' is another Browse... button. Click that one and navigate to the map you modified (it must be the same map as the one you chose for Original)
3. Click Make, name your .ppf, and wait for PPFMaster to finish. At the bottom left it should say "Status: Success" when it's done.
make sure it says bottom browse. lol I couldn't figure out where the third browse was for a few days. XD

Wobblestone
Peon

Post by Wobblestone » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 am

:D I think i had the same problem
-Wobblestone. Also know for accounts such as =D, Havok Nuke, Razor(the oringinal), and a waffle.
http://i.gametap.com/web30/eMagazine/em ... _5a0c0.jpg

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:00 pm

Wobblestone wrote::D I think i had the same problem
Yes! I wasn't the only one! lol.

I'm gonna be popping in and out of here from time to time cause I'm only allowed to use my computer 1 hour a day, for having a freaking C+ in English because I was absent and my teacher wouldn't accept the late work. ...:)

Genesis
Veteran

Post by Genesis » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:49 pm

wow i learned this from Shockwav and it was like 2 months ago or something
From Now On, I Kill Everyone In My Path...
Lets Go Mexico!!! :sombrero:
Time has no end... no beginning... no purpose
(\ _ /)
(='.'=)
('') ('')
He Will Rule The World!!!!! Mwahahaha!!!!!!

cQuence
Ranger

Post by cQuence » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:48 pm

o.o ^
Changed my name to cQuence... Im still Shockwav tho.