crazy mod

Request new mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

BIG-A

crazy mod

Post by BIG-A » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:53 am

i was wondering if some one could help make a mod like this. island mod with a bloodgulch bace in the sky in stead of banches flying squrpions and is it posible to import a boat that cercols the island and super porful wepens.

i know it sounds stuped but it would be fun.

p.s. you can get a hold of me at ari.siegler@yahoo.com

Ayumi
Ranger

Re: crazy mod

Post by Ayumi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:09 am

BIG-A wrote:I was wondering if someone could help make a mod like this:
  • - The Island with a Blood Gulch base in the sky.
    - Flying scorpions instead of banshees.
    - If possible, an overpowered noob boat that can stay on the surface of the water.
I know it sounds stupid but it would be fun.

P.S. You can get a hold of me at ari.siegler@yahoo.com
**Spelling corrected so it doesn't take a long-time internet user to understand**

Step 1: Learn English
Step 2: ???
Step 3: PROFIT!

What's the floating BG base for? Scorpions aren't supposed to fly, but it could be done... As far as I know, boats aren't possible in Halo 1, the water just isn't meant for that. Maybe CE?

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf /

Mike1122
Ranger

Post by Mike1122 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:48 pm

yea theres a CE map with a boat that you can drive on the water and shit. i never used it but i think someone did and said it crashes Demo.

BIG-A

Post by BIG-A » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:37 pm

im not a good speller at all

theone4life692
Veteran

Hey Welcome

Post by theone4life692 » Sat May 03, 2008 2:21 pm

Welcome to MGM Ari I know you want to put a pelican in so heres a tut.

TUT BY BEAST

Importing a Pelican Into Blood Gulch

-Phase 1: Preparation- Open demo bloodgulch.map in HexEdit.
Paste over the full version header (first 800 bytes of full version map) so that the map will be compatible with HMT and HHK.

Note: Just use demo hace and click convert to full.

Open demo b30.map in HexEdit and paste over full version header (first 800 bytes of full version map), just as we did with bloodgulch.map.

We are now ready to begin the process.

-Phase 2: Exporting Pelican Meta-

Open our b30.map in Halo Hacking Kit (HHK).
Make a new folder on the Desktop which we will export the Pelican meta into. Name this folder Pelican Meta or whatever you decide.
Back into HHK. Scroll down the window of tags until you come across the "vehi" tag. Click the drop down triangle next to it.
Click on "pelican." It should become highlighted.
Now, in the top menu bar, click on the "Tools" tab, and select "Recursively Export Meta and References."
A window will pop up asking you which folder to export into. Select the Pelican Meta folder we created earlier.

-Phase 3: Importing-

Now, close the b30.map window in HHK, and open up bloodgulch.map in HHK.
Under the "Tools" tab in the top menu bar, select "Import Recursive."
A window will open. First, navigate through the Pelican Meta folder to the file titled "pelican.vehi" and click Open. The path to the file should be like so: Pelican Meta folder > vehicles > pelican > pelican.vehi
Once you click open, a new window will pop up. You must now select the entire Pelican Meta folder which includes the rest of the meta for the Pelican. Select our folder and click open.
Now, under the "Tools" tab in the top menu bar, select "Rebuild Map."
Now under the "File" tab in the top menu bar, select "Save."
You may now quit HHK.

-Phase 4: Perfecting the Model-

Open up Halo Mapping Tools (HMT) and open our b30.map.
Scroll through the list of tags until you reach the "mod2" tag.
Click the drop-down triangle to the left of mod2.
Now scroll down the list until you come across "vehicles\pelican\pelican." Click it, and it should become highlighted.
Now to the right of the tags window, click the button that says "Save Meta." It will ask you where to save. Simply save it to the Desktop.
Now, below the tag window, click the button that says "Save Raw." Save the two files to the desktop.
Open our bloodgulch.map in HMT now, and drop down the mod2 tag. Find "vehicles\pelican\pelican."
Click it and it should highlight. Now to the right of the tags window, click the button that says "Inject Meta."
Navigate to the mod2 meta we saved to the Desktop. It should be in a folder titled "vehicles," and within that, in a folder titled "pelican." Click on the file titled "pelican.mod2.meta" and click open. So, the file path should be as follows: Desktop > vehicles > pelican > pelican.mod2.meta
Now under the tags window in HMT, click on the button that says "Append Raw." A window will come up with locations to select two files. Vertices and indices. These are the two files we saved to the Desktop when we clicked "Save Raw."
Next to vertices, click "Browse" and navigate to "pelican.mod2.vertices" on the Desktop, and click open.
Next to indices, click "Browse" and navigate to "pelican.mod2.indices" on the Desktop, and click open.
Now click "Append" after both files have been selected. Not sure if this next step is necessary, but just to be sure, quit HMT and then reopen our bloodgulch.map file. We will need HMT again later.

-Phase 5: Making the Pelican Drivable-

Open our bloodgulch.map in HexEdit.
In the top menu bar, select Find > Find and Replace. Or just do Apple F.
In the Find box, type in "P-driver" and click Find Next twice. The second result is what we need.
In in HexEdit, change the P in P-driver to a W, so that you get W-driver.
Save the map. The Pelican is now drivable.

-Phase 6: Making the Pelican Spawn-

There are several ways to do this, now that the Pelican is in the Bloodgulch map. You may spawn it wherever you please with SparkEdit, or you may do so by using HMT and TextEdit.
In HMT, scroll down the tags window until you find the "scnr" tag for "Scenario."
Drop down the little triangle and select "levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch" and then click on "Save Meta" to the right.
Now, on the Desktop, navigate through these folders as so: Desktop > levels > test > bloodgulch > bloodgulch.scnr.xml
Open that bloodgulch.scnr.xml file in TextEdit.
Now in TextEdit, search for any scenery tags by doing Apple F, and typing in "necs." We will replace the dried up dead tree in front of red base for this example. Keep searching "necs" until you come across this:

<Dependency>
<Location>0x16B0</Location>
<Tagclass>necsejboFFFF</Tagclass>
<Filename>scenery\trees\tree_desert_dead\tree_desert_dead</Filename>
</Dependency>

To make the Pelican spawn, we will do this. Make the following changes to that part:

<Dependency>
<Tagclass>ihevtinuejbo</Tagclass>
<Filename>vehicles\pelican\pelican</Filename>
</Dependency>

Save the file and switch back to HMT.
With "levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch" still selected in HMT, click on the "Inject Meta" button. Navigate through the folders as so: Desktop > levels > test > bloodgulch > bloodgulch.scnr.meta
Select that "bloodgulch.scnr.meta" file and click open.
You may now quit HMT.

-Phase 7: Finishing Up and Making Changes to the Header-

Open our bloodgulch.map in HexEdit. Now make a new window in HexEdit where we can paste the full version header.
Copy the first 800 bytes of the bloodgulch.map file and paste them into the new window we made.
Now replace the demo version header (First 800 bytes) in the bloodgulch.map file. Do NOT touch the new window we made.
Here is the most crucial part. In the new window we made, go to the address 0x8 and highlight the four bytes following that address. They should be 64 F8 DD 00.
Now go to our bloodgulch.map file and go to address 0x5E8 and paste those four bytes over the four at that location. So you should have replaced 68 A3 DC 00 with 64 F8 DD 00.
Back to our window containing the full header. Go to address 0x10 and copy the four bytes at that address. They should be 78 B7 8F 00.
Go to our bloodgulch.map file and go to address 0x5EC. Paste the four bytes over the four at that address. So you should have replaced 74 19 85 00 with 78 B7 8F 00.
Now back to window with the full header. Go to address 0x14 and copy those four bytes. They should be F0 DE 58 00.
Back to our bloodgulch.map file. Go to address 0x2C4 and paste the four bytes over the four at that address. So you should have changed F4 89 57 00 with F0 DE 58 00.
Save the bloodgulch.map file.

-Phase 9: ALL DONE! ENJOY YOUR PELICAN!-
Last edited by theone4life692 on Thu May 15, 2008 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-snip-

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sat May 03, 2008 2:35 pm

he said nothing about pelicans...

theone4life692
Veteran

Post by theone4life692 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:37 am

Elemttrain wrote:he said nothing about pelicans...

Hey retard I go to his school and he asked me if its possable to put a pelican in so I was just giving him a tut. So how about you how off my nuts!
Thanks bud
-snip-

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Sun May 04, 2008 9:01 am

mmm... i was wondering why didn't you gave him the tut link instead of pasting it stretching the page. :? <_< ...
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Sun May 04, 2008 4:43 pm

theone4life692 wrote:

Hey retard I go to his school and he asked me if its possable to put a pelican in so I was just giving him a tut. So how about you how off my nuts!
Thanks bud
Jesus christ! I didn't know! Calm the fuck down!

me not looged in

sry

Post by me not looged in » Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 am

Elemttrain wrote:
theone4life692 wrote:

Thanks bud
Jesus christ! I didn't know! Calm the fuck down!
i apologize i waz rude to flame u :flamer:

Sharker
SEAL

Post by Sharker » Tue May 06, 2008 1:42 pm

BIG-A wrote: bace , banches, squrpions, posible, cercol, porful ,wepens.

stuped
lol stuped

SilentChaos16
Ranger

Re: Hey Welcome

Post by SilentChaos16 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:18 pm

theone4life692 wrote:Welcome to MGM Ari I know you want to put a pelican in so heres a tut.

Importing a Pelican Into Blood Gulch

-Phase 1: Preparation- Open demo bloodgulch.map in HexEdit.
Paste over the full version header (first 800 bytes of full version map) so that the map will be compatible with HMT and HHK.

Note: Just use demo hace and click convert to full.

Open demo b30.map in HexEdit and paste over full version header (first 800 bytes of full version map), just as we did with bloodgulch.map.

We are now ready to begin the process.

-Phase 2: Exporting Pelican Meta-

Open our b30.map in Halo Hacking Kit (HHK).
Make a new folder on the Desktop which we will export the Pelican meta into. Name this folder Pelican Meta or whatever you decide.
Back into HHK. Scroll down the window of tags until you come across the "vehi" tag. Click the drop down triangle next to it.
Click on "pelican." It should become highlighted.
Now, in the top menu bar, click on the "Tools" tab, and select "Recursively Export Meta and References."
A window will pop up asking you which folder to export into. Select the Pelican Meta folder we created earlier.

-Phase 3: Importing-

Now, close the b30.map window in HHK, and open up bloodgulch.map in HHK.
Under the "Tools" tab in the top menu bar, select "Import Recursive."
A window will open. First, navigate through the Pelican Meta folder to the file titled "pelican.vehi" and click Open. The path to the file should be like so: Pelican Meta folder > vehicles > pelican > pelican.vehi
Once you click open, a new window will pop up. You must now select the entire Pelican Meta folder which includes the rest of the meta for the Pelican. Select our folder and click open.
Now, under the "Tools" tab in the top menu bar, select "Rebuild Map."
Now under the "File" tab in the top menu bar, select "Save."
You may now quit HHK.

-Phase 4: Perfecting the Model-

Open up Halo Mapping Tools (HMT) and open our b30.map.
Scroll through the list of tags until you reach the "mod2" tag.
Click the drop-down triangle to the left of mod2.
Now scroll down the list until you come across "vehicles\pelican\pelican." Click it, and it should become highlighted.
Now to the right of the tags window, click the button that says "Save Meta." It will ask you where to save. Simply save it to the Desktop.
Now, below the tag window, click the button that says "Save Raw." Save the two files to the desktop.
Open our bloodgulch.map in HMT now, and drop down the mod2 tag. Find "vehicles\pelican\pelican."
Click it and it should highlight. Now to the right of the tags window, click the button that says "Inject Meta."
Navigate to the mod2 meta we saved to the Desktop. It should be in a folder titled "vehicles," and within that, in a folder titled "pelican." Click on the file titled "pelican.mod2.meta" and click open. So, the file path should be as follows: Desktop > vehicles > pelican > pelican.mod2.meta
Now under the tags window in HMT, click on the button that says "Append Raw." A window will come up with locations to select two files. Vertices and indices. These are the two files we saved to the Desktop when we clicked "Save Raw."
Next to vertices, click "Browse" and navigate to "pelican.mod2.vertices" on the Desktop, and click open.
Next to indices, click "Browse" and navigate to "pelican.mod2.indices" on the Desktop, and click open.
Now click "Append" after both files have been selected. Not sure if this next step is necessary, but just to be sure, quit HMT and then reopen our bloodgulch.map file. We will need HMT again later.

-Phase 5: Making the Pelican Drivable-

Open our bloodgulch.map in HexEdit.
In the top menu bar, select Find > Find and Replace. Or just do Apple F.
In the Find box, type in "P-driver" and click Find Next twice. The second result is what we need.
In in HexEdit, change the P in P-driver to a W, so that you get W-driver.
Save the map. The Pelican is now drivable.

-Phase 6: Making the Pelican Spawn-

There are several ways to do this, now that the Pelican is in the Bloodgulch map. You may spawn it wherever you please with SparkEdit, or you may do so by using HMT and TextEdit.
In HMT, scroll down the tags window until you find the "scnr" tag for "Scenario."
Drop down the little triangle and select "levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch" and then click on "Save Meta" to the right.
Now, on the Desktop, navigate through these folders as so: Desktop > levels > test > bloodgulch > bloodgulch.scnr.xml
Open that bloodgulch.scnr.xml file in TextEdit.
Now in TextEdit, search for any scenery tags by doing Apple F, and typing in "necs." We will replace the dried up dead tree in front of red base for this example. Keep searching "necs" until you come across this:

<Dependency>
<Tagclass>necsejboFFFF</Tagclass>
<Filename>scenery\trees\tree_desert_dead\tree_desert_dead</Filename>
</Dependency>

To make the Pelican spawn, we will do this. Make the following changes to that part:

<Dependency>
<Tagclass>ihevtinuejbo</Tagclass>
<Filename>vehicles\pelican\pelican</Filename>
</Dependency>

Save the file and switch back to HMT.
With "levels\test\bloodgulch\bloodgulch" still selected in HMT, click on the "Inject Meta" button. Navigate through the folders as so: Desktop > levels > test > bloodgulch > bloodgulch.scnr.meta
Select that "bloodgulch.scnr.meta" file and click open.
You may now quit HMT.

-Phase 7: Finishing Up and Making Changes to the Header-

Open our bloodgulch.map in HexEdit. Now make a new window in HexEdit where we can paste the full version header.
Copy the first 800 bytes of the bloodgulch.map file and paste them into the new window we made.
Now replace the demo version header (First 800 bytes) in the bloodgulch.map file. Do NOT touch the new window we made.
Here is the most crucial part. In the new window we made, go to the address 0x8 and highlight the four bytes following that address. They should be 64 F8 DD 00.
Now go to our bloodgulch.map file and go to address 0x5E8 and paste those four bytes over the four at that location. So you should have replaced 68 A3 DC 00 with 64 F8 DD 00.
Back to our window containing the full header. Go to address 0x10 and copy the four bytes at that address. They should be 78 B7 8F 00.
Go to our bloodgulch.map file and go to address 0x5EC. Paste the four bytes over the four at that address. So you should have replaced 74 19 85 00 with 78 B7 8F 00.
Now back to window with the full header. Go to address 0x14 and copy those four bytes. They should be F0 DE 58 00.
Back to our bloodgulch.map file. Go to address 0x2C4 and paste the four bytes over the four at that address. So you should have changed F4 89 57 00 with F0 DE 58 00.
Save the bloodgulch.map file.

-Phase 9: ALL DONE! ENJOY YOUR PELICAN!-
TO MUCH!
Lawlz

?Fe?thers?
Ranger
Location: I'm under there. Under where? AHHAHA Got you to say underwear!!!!

Post by ?Fe?thers? » Tue May 06, 2008 4:31 pm

theone4life692 wrote:So how about you how off my nuts!
what the hell does that mean.......and personally i dont the idea of this mod. and is it possible to just put the whole floating BSP in the middle the map, ad floating???
and the boats would be uber nooby. same with scorpiens.
and yeah........spelling......wtf?
?Fe?thers? [Full]
Jhypestype [Demo]
^Credit to G[v]N^
somewhat tasty!

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed May 07, 2008 2:11 am

neko-chan wrote:Maybe CE?
idntgveafk1122 wrote:yea theres a CE map with a boat that you can drive on the water and shit. i never used it but i think someone did and said it crashes Demo.
However, you should bear in mind that this map only works because the vehicle floor keeps the "boats" just far enough into the water to create the illusion that they're floating.
theone4life692 wrote:Welcome to MGM Ari I know you want to put a pelican in so heres a tut.

Importing a Pelican Into Blood Gulch....
Please do not copy and post other person's tutorial without giving credit to the maker of said tutorial. I know you made a few changes, but the vast majority of the tutorial is Beast's.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

theone4life692
Veteran

MY BAD

Post by theone4life692 » Thu May 15, 2008 6:47 am

EDIT credit to beast for putting this tut on MGM.

*Apologizes and walks away slowly.*
-snip-