VMWare Fusion limited to 256 MB video ram

Everything related to graphics and image-related topics.
Sparky
Delta Force

VMWare Fusion limited to 256 MB video ram

Post by Sparky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:23 am

Just a note that VMWare Fusion is limited to 256 MB of video ram, so that means only half my graphics card is being used in Windows XP. I think Parallels is a better option, as long as you don't specify your settings higher than what you actually have in hardware specs.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: VMWare Fusion limited to 256 MB video ram

Post by Mgalekgolo » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Shit, I only have 512 anyway. It increased when I got the new ram. VMware runs great ever since I gave it 3 gb of my 8 gb of ram. Sparky, use crossover unless that require .net 4 or higher.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Sparky
Delta Force

Re: VMWare Fusion limited to 256 MB video ram

Post by Sparky » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 pm

I made a new boot camp partition and I'm almost done installing all the old apps and resources worth keeping. Since I can access all my hard drives through the windows xp OS, it's just going to take a bit more skill and thought to replace trial and error so that I can just do a single session of resource-converting in windows xp, restart into mac os, and convert with pearl (or whatever). I haven't had luck with the windows version of Eschaton, but I probably just need some more experience with that.

Basically, it's not a problem that I need to restart into the windows xp partition. Maybe I can finally make a decent galaxy wars sbsp tag! (If I don't wait for Zeus first.)
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.