Computer Fail? (Large Picture)

Everything related to graphics and image-related topics.
Slapzy
Ranger

Re: Computer Fail? (Large Picture)

Post by Slapzy » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 pm

It's not limewire's responsibility for your actions, and the content you download.
~ Teh Slapz
TaxiService wrote:OMG BARREL ROLL ON ACIDS
._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._.
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

crazyshroom
Ranger
Location: I'm sorry I'm in your house cooking bacon for my family

Post by crazyshroom » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:11 pm

Not really they are encouraging, hosting, and pretting much doing it

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:29 am

Limewire wrote:Content on the P2P Network

The LimeWire program enables access to the Gnutella file-sharing network. The Gnutella file-sharing network is referred to in the LimeWire program as the "P2P network". The Gnutella file-sharing network is comprised of the computers of its many users. There is no central server for the files that populate the Gnutella network. Lime Wire cannot and does not review the material in the Gnutella network. As such, Lime Wire cannot control what content may exist in the Gnutella network and can only attempt to filter out certain illegal or objectionable content as requested by you via the various filtering options (see "Content Filtering" below). It is your responsibility to use the program in a responsible and safe manner.

Copyright Infringement

Generally: Copyright laws and laws pertaining to patents and inventions protect original works of authorship and inventions. Individuals, who reproduce, distribute copies, receive copies, publicly perform or display works or inventions other than their own and without the consent of the owners or holders of rights, or their authorized agents, in original works of authorship or inventions, may be in violation of copyright, patent or other intellectual property laws. Lime Wire does not encourage or condone the illegal copying, distribution or sharing of copyrighted material. This is not intended to be legal counsel or advice and should not be taken as such. If you have any questions, consult an attorney.

The following is based on the FTC document File Sharing: A Fair Share? Maybe Not. To view the original FTC document, please go to the FTC's Consumer Alert on P2P File-Sharing. We at Lime Wire want our users to safely enjoy the full benefits of the LimeWire software. To that end, we have annotated this Consumer Alert from the FTC to explain how LimeWire works as a File-Sharing Program.
No, Limewire does not, It is simply providing a user-based service, completely user controlled. Anything that is being shared/downloaded is a user's decision. Which makes it the user's responsibility. You can't steal cookie's from the cookie jar, have mom come home, she sees the cookies all around your mouth and in your fingernails, and blame Albertons or wherever the heck you bought em, because they provided a way for your mom to buy the cookies. Either way, you still stole em. Don't start on copyright newb, I happen to be friends with quite a few lawyers, and I know what I'm talking about.
~ Teh Slapz
TaxiService wrote:OMG BARREL ROLL ON ACIDS
._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._.
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:37 pm

Hobo Attorney wrote:Sorry i'm stoopid LimeWire and other P2P Cleints say it is legal because technically it's just a "file sharing" service and it is not held responsible for the files that are downloaded onto the system. Only the users are responsible. That's why, when you download songs from LimeWire, it's legal for them, but NOT for you.
Hostbot wrote:Dude for god sake, Limewire is completely illegal and stupid. This guy in my school was caught using it and the school called the popo.
¬_¬ Then you're about as stupid as Limewire.

Look, it's BASICALLY the same as Mediafire or Rapidshare or Filefront. They provide servers or what not. Then they let people do whatever they want, la-la-la. Not their fault if you use it as a pirating portal.

Oops, `Perception got there before me.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.