My new Deviant ID

Everything related to graphics and image-related topics.
Slapzy
Ranger

Re: My new Deviant ID

Post by Slapzy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:25 pm

Heh, yeah I remember you hate me. :P For a few reasons if I remember right, you thought I stole that one guy's work that one time in that contest, lol, that was epic fail topic >.> And then again with the Obama thing.
T'sall good though, I don't really care either way if you hate me or not, I've got much more important things to be worrying about than the people on this forum.

Welcome back though, I actually missed your creativity.
It's nice to have someone else that actually does graphics stuff again... G[v]N sorta dropped off the map, cept for his own sigs and stuff, and taxi sketches penis's... I'm like one of the few left that actually do it professionally >.>
~ Teh Slapz
TaxiService wrote:OMG BARREL ROLL ON ACIDS
._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._. \·. |: /.· .-. ·.\ :| .·/ ._.
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

P!ckoff
Ranger

Post by P!ckoff » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm

It'z all good.

And by professionally, I hope you mean "not sucking too hard" cause we are as far from professional as you are going to get, not count those who still use the magic wand tool :mrgreen:
Image Xpro + 3D texture

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:52 am

I use the magic wand occasionally to get a general selection, but then I go through, and fine tune it.
And it's true, I meant professionally, as in a title, I work with, and have many friends that are real professionals, and occasionally when they have a full load, they'll call me up, and have me do contract work for them. It's a pretty sweet deal.
And, as soon as I go back to college, I have my old job waiting for me on a web design team. Can't wait. :D
It's weird, but I'm much better at what I do at work, than for graphics that I design here. Like people's sigs... I suck at making sigs... But I'm actually pretty good with print graphics, things like business cards, brochures, postcards, mailouts, mastheads, icons, etc. I just need more creativity, I'm starting to run out of options D: Recently I've been experimenting with some stuff though.
~ Teh Slapz
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

Hostbot
Ranger

Post by Hostbot » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 pm

`Perception wrote:I use the magic wand occasionally to get a general selection, but then I go through, and fine tune it.
And it's true, I meant professionally, as in a title, I work with, and have many friends that are real professionals, and occasionally when they have a full load, they'll call me up, and have me do contract work for them. It's a pretty sweet deal.
And, as soon as I go back to college, I have my old job waiting for me on a web design team. Can't wait. :D
It's weird, but I'm much better at what I do at work, than for graphics that I design here. Like people's sigs... I suck at making sigs... But I'm actually pretty good with print graphics, things like business cards, brochures, postcards, mailouts, mastheads, icons, etc. I just need more creativity, I'm starting to run out of options D: Recently I've been experimenting with some stuff though.
Perhaps you should use your imagination on a 420 sig?

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:21 pm

Perhaps you should fuck off and spam 4chan for another few years and never come back.

You're not worth my time. And I have no intention of investing in someone whom everyone including myself, despises.
~ Teh Slapz
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

P!ckoff
Ranger

Post by P!ckoff » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Whoa, man, you kill just as many flies with honey as you do with poison and they taste better afterwards anyway.

I didn't know you actually made money off of the stuff. I still do it just for practice, fun, and accomplishment. One of the reasons the things you listed you said you were better at than sigs might be that in print and business material, the simpler the better. Often a simple typography piece is more than sufficient and in fact less distracting from the important material than pretty glossy things like most want in sigs. Minimalism is a beautiful thing from a number of perspectives!

Btw, a better option is the pen tool. If you don't know, new path, use the pen tool to create a close fitting path and then right-click and make selection. If you can do the path well it becomes a lot more accurate than the magic wand or quick selection. Plus it makes feathering a breeze
Last edited by P!ckoff on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Xpro + 3D texture

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:02 am

Yeah I know... that's where the eye of the designer comes in handy, choosing what should be done according to the type of project. And I know, I just still suck with the pen tool :/ Workin on it though.

And that guy, is the wost ignorant, stupid, jackass that I've ever even seen on any forum. 99.9% of the active members here wish he'd just be banned... He's proven time and time again that he's an idiot. And I despise him, along with many other members here.
~ Teh Slapz
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Indeed...the only one who likes the lil nub is Seafire, and not many get along with him either >_<. Ever since I attacked them both with a major beat down *see the what's up with veen post. they have stopped with the spam thankfully

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:57 pm

They have reduced* some spam. Not stopped it. :|
~ Teh Slapz
WHOOHHAGHGHHGEHGR

P!ckoff
Ranger

Post by P!ckoff » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:08 pm

I shall look forward to owning him, then. There is nothing like a good old MGM flame war.
Image Xpro + 3D texture

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Amen to that brother! Woooo!