[Requested Tutorial] Swapping the Flag with any weapon

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ranger

[Requested Tutorial] Swapping the Flag with any weapon

Post by 002 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:38 pm

This requires no model changes. You're actually swapping the flag with an oddball. It'll even move a little when you throw a grenade at it.

1. Open bloodgulch with Eschaton 0.7 or higher.
2. Go to bloodgulch's matg tag and enter the reference swapper.
3. Somewhere in that is a weapon called "weapons\flag\flag" you may have to click on "Class" and scroll all the way down.
4. Swap that with any weapon, even the oddball.

Note 1: This change is very CSS and should not create problems.
Note 2: If you null it out, it will crash Halo.
EXTRA NOTES:
Note 3: Only weapons can be swapped.
Note 4: The only weapons used as a flag are the oddball and the flag. This means that if you swap with any other weapon, it's treated as such and anyone can pick it up (you still can't score with it).
Last edited by 002 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fortune
Ranger

Re: [Requested Tutorial] Swapping the Flag with any weapon

Post by Fortune » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 pm

So can you swap it with a warthog? Or will that crash the game?
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:45 pm

sweet, was wondering how to do this.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Capture the oddball?
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Zanghfei
Ranger

Post by Zanghfei » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Hmm yeah maybe

Ranger

Post by 002 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:41 am

Fortune wrote:So can you swap it with a warthog? Or will that crash the game?
It'll crash. It has to be something you can pick up and use as a weapon. Eqip will NOT work, neither will vehicles or scenery.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Capture the Active Camo. That would be quite a difficult game. The "flag guy" would be invisible.

However, Fortune, you could change the model to a warthog, leading to some odd and possibly hilarious results.

Fortune
Ranger

Post by Fortune » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:04 pm

A large rock, so it's kinda like camo! And make a ton of other large rocks that look like it! So it's like hunt the flag! Sounds like a fun time to me.
ᕦ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )ᕤ

Visiting this website is filled with nostalgia. Its like going to an old home.

Thank you for all the memories. Never change.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Fortune wrote:A large rock, so it's kinda like camo! And make a ton of other large rocks that look like it! So it's like hunt the flag! Sounds like a fun time to me.
Snap, that's awesome.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Fortune wrote:A large rock, so it's kinda like camo! And make a ton of other large rocks that look like it! So it's like hunt the flag! Sounds like a fun time to me.

I had the strangest ideas using rocks from weapons. Rather than shooting a rock (that is easy), I thought it might be possible to shoot a bullet with a rock's collision. If that had worked, there would be the possibility of you getting stuck inside the rock as it flies through the air. On collision with a wall, it disappears, and you drop out. Instant fast-travel. I had so many far-fetched ideas such as these back in the days. Its a shame many of them did not work. I could have changed the face of Halo Demo modding if it had.

And I am absolutely not kidding, or being arrogant in any way. If only I had just understood the engine a bit better back then, I would have known that many of my ideas were ridiculous. Although, sometimes the flags, tags, and values in the editors are very misleading. For example, what the hell does "brighter than it should be" do? And "enables night-vision" does not work on other weapons with zoom. Hmm...

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Night vision requires a WHPI edit too. Not possible without CE at the Moment.

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:06 am

draconic74 wrote:

I had the strangest ideas using rocks from weapons. Rather than shooting a rock (that is easy), I thought it might be possible to shoot a bullet with a rock's collision. If that had worked, there would be the possibility of you getting stuck inside the rock as it flies through the air. On collision with a wall, it disappears, and you drop out. Instant fast-travel. I had so many far-fetched ideas such as these back in the days. Its a shame many of them did not work. I could have changed the face of Halo Demo modding if it had.

And I am absolutely not kidding, or being arrogant in any way. If only I had just understood the engine a bit better back then, I would have known that many of my ideas were ridiculous. Although, sometimes the flags, tags, and values in the editors are very misleading. For example, what the hell does "brighter than it should be" do? And "enables night-vision" does not work on other weapons with zoom. Hmm...
That's a brilliant idea! We could make a bullet with a warthog collision and null out fall damage. Then it could be used to push enemies around and make them fly with precision (force shotgun meets sniper rifle!)

"Brighter than it should be" means that the object isn't affected by shadows, if I remembered correctly. But it's purely a graphical change, so I don't think it's too impt unless someone finds other uses for it.

draconic74
Green Beret

Post by draconic74 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 pm

Or we could just make a force shotgun and increase the bullet lifetime to infinite. I seem to remember bullets being allowed to have large collisions, but I'm not sure now. Also, with a warthog collision you would have to fire from more than the chief's height off the ground, or it would instantly collide with the ground under your feet and vanish (unless set to do otherwise).

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 pm

draconic74 wrote:Or we could just make a force shotgun and increase the bullet lifetime to infinite. I seem to remember bullets being allowed to have large collisions, but I'm not sure now. Also, with a warthog collision you would have to fire from more than the chief's height off the ground, or it would instantly collide with the ground under your feet and vanish (unless set to do otherwise).
A force shotgun would have a conical area of effect; a bullet with a warthog coll would have a oblong area of effect. The second problem could be solved by raising the projectile spawn point z.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:08 pm

or you can just swap a vehi for the projectile and set the spawn point above the enemy's head... "The Crusher" is the name of that weapon ;) Spawn vehicles over the enemy's head!
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.