[Tut] BRIMSTONES Campaign Bipd spawning technique?

Moderator: Halo Moderators

BRIMSTONE
Ranger

[Tut] BRIMSTONES Campaign Bipd spawning techniqueâ„¢

Post by BRIMSTONE » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Im not sure if this is known, but i stumbled upon an insanely easy way of changing what kind of bipds spawn in campaign. heres what i found: ok, so, as far as i know, the usual way to turn a bipd in campaign to somthing else, is to change the mod2, the coll, and the antr, so it looks like what your trying to make it look like, say you tried to change a elite to an marine using this method, as we all know the newly changed elite, which now looks like an marine. is still an elite. it will roar like an elite. and move like an elite. and its not very convincing. i found a way to actualy REPLACE the bipd that spawn there. heres how i did it. its all insanely simple. but it involves a tag that noone realy uses much. the Actv. or 'Actor variant' as far as i know, not much is known about it. today i found out its use. now. where all familiar with the bipd tag. in the silent cartographer, there are 11, now what im about to show you only applies to five. heres my chart

Bipd tag: standard Elite ----> Actv tag: elite minor/major plasma rifle elite minor/needler elite stealth/ plasma rifle elite major stealth/plasma rifle. elite commander/ energy sword

now. does it make sense to you? if not ill outline it for you. ive come up with uhh. sayings, so the illustration will be easier. ok. there is 1 "base elite" what i mean by base. is a stock model. take the elite. its bipd is a blue "minor elite" standard,basic, stock. now. i asked myself. where did all the variations come from? so i looked in the Actv tag. and we have the different variations of the elite bipd. thats when i understood that the actv where not just models for vehicls and such, but actual whole different bipds as well. Thats when i relised that i could manipulate all of the SPECIFIC characters in the campaign level. through the use of the Scnr tag. so heres a quick tut.

1. open your map in eschaton 0.6 (you can open it in the other version but the changes will take longer)

2. scroll down to the "scnr" tag. and open it in the dependancy swapper.

3. now scroll down untill you come across a whole bunch of "actv" tags. each of thee stands for specific characters in the game.

4. change them ALL to marine/armored marine/assault rifle

6. close down you moding apps, and chang your header.

7. start a halo campaign game. and then say ello to all your new buddies.

these will be actual marines. not elites looking like marines. but marines. this sould come in handy for those of you that make SP mods. you can also open the Actv tags in meta reflexive editing. and change how they fight,move, and act. anyway. I hope this is useful
-BRIM
"One Death Is An Anomaly. One Hundered
Thousand Deaths Is an statistic"

Fuel
Green Beret

Post by Fuel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:20 pm

brim this is kinda the crap way of doing it O_o
there are better ways of doing this O_o

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:23 pm

cool! eheheeh I have some ideas to trick a friend with... :twisted:

Ayumi
Ranger

Post by Ayumi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:49 pm

Fu£L wrote:brim this is kinda the crap way of doing it O_o
there are better ways of doing this O_o
Did you read the first line of his post? He said "insanely easy" not "insanely good"

And if that works, I can't see how it's so bad. *goes off to test*

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf /

BRIMSTONE
Ranger

Post by BRIMSTONE » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:57 pm

yup. said insanely easy. never said this was quality stuff. lolz
"One Death Is An Anomaly. One Hundered
Thousand Deaths Is an statistic"

Moxus in Paris

Post by Moxus in Paris » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:22 am

Hi guys. I managed to find myself a computer and thought I would clear up a few things for you:

1. Actv tags are not biped specific tags or biped related tags. Actv tags use Bipd tags, but are not centered around them. They are, in a sense, a more broadened biped behavior tag (AI). By editing this tag, you can change how a specific AI (such as the Marine tag) operates, including how the tag acts, what biped the tag uses, what actor variant succeds it, ect. If you want to change the actual behavior, you can edit the ¨Actr¨ tag.

2. The Bipd tags themselves have no color other then their bitmaps which are usually based in black or white. The ¨base Elite¨ is actually a black Elite by default, but is assigned it's blue color either by it's Actv or Actr tag (I cannot check which).

3. By noticing the names of the Actv tags found in the Silent Cartographer's Scnr tag, you can more selectively change the tags.

I hope to be back soon guys, see you then!

-=Moxus=-

Sharker
SEAL

Post by Sharker » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:48 am

did you just figure this out? then :urstupid:

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Sharker wrote:did you just figure this out? then :urstupid:
But are you retarded or what?

Seriously. what the fucking hell? He was just pointing it out! WTH is wrong with you?!

Jesus Christ, save us! or if you cant, ask Buddha or Vishnu to! These noobs will doom us all!

PS: see you soon moxus! we all miss you! :D
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:27 pm

And if they can't help, ask me! MUAHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUAHUAHAUHAUHAUAHUAHUHA!
:roll:

Hurry back Moxy Woxyyyyy
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

DanDan
Ranger

Post by DanDan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:20 am

hey mox, come down to italy for a visit!!!!!

and good work, this will be VERY helpful.

Go Go Go Play CS:S!!!!