Or how about now? Here's how they are done. And I don't want to hear any complaints about how I let the "noobs" in on the secret. There are no longer any secrets. If we share our knowledge, our community can benefit greatly. That's one thing I've learned from other games. Their modding communities share their findings and that allows for others to expand on their ideas. So here's the tut.Trinity. wrote:And when I'm 90, I'll still be learning how to put in those damn CSS projectiles...
CSS Projectile Changes - «Beast»
------------Enabling CSS Projectiles for a weapon-------------
1. Open bloodgulch.map in HexEdit and change the header to the full version header if you have not already done so.
2. Leave HexEdit open for now. Open bloodgulch.map in HMT.
3. Scroll down to the weap tag. Click on the little triangle to expand the section.
4. For this tutorial, I will use the Sniper Rifle as an example. Highlight weapons\sniper rifle\sniper rifle.
5. In the top right corner of the HMT window, highlight the text in the Meta box. Copy it with ? + C (Apple + C). The text should read 00BE45C4.
6. In the top menu of HMT, go to Window and then to Hex Calculator, or simply hit ? + H (Apple + H). A new window will open.
7. In the very first box of the new window that came up, paste the text we copied earlier with ? + V (Apple + V).
8. In the second box, type 4FC. Now, click the button with the plus symbol.
9. In the box below that, the text BE4AC0 should appear. Copy that text.
10. Leave HMT open, and return back to HexEdit. With the map open, go to Find and then to Go To Address or hit ? + J (Apple + J). In the box that appears, paste the last thing we copied and click Go.
11. This will take you to a new location in the file. Your cursor should now be in front of the text 01000000 6C352A4C. Copy the 6C352A4C.
12. Back to HMT and the Hex Calculator window. In the fourth box down, paste 6C352A4C (what we just copied) and click Swap Endian. Make sure there are no spaces when you paste it in there.
13. Now, 4C13D234 should appear in the box below. Paste this value in the very first box of the Calculator.
14. In the second box, enter 4B6BE68C (the map magic) and click the button with the - sign. BE4EE0 should appear in the third box. Now back to HexEdit.
15. Go To Address again. This time enter BE4EE0 (the last value we got) and click Go.
16. Again, you will be taken to a new location. Your cursor should now be in front of the text 08240000. This is where we will make the edit to allow CSS projectiles for this weapon.
17. Go to the second byte. In this case, that would be where you see 24. Highlight 24 and now comes the magic part. Take the value and subtract 20 from it. In this case, take 24 and subtract 20. You get 4. So, with 24 highlighted, type 04. Now, say that byte had been 20, you would again subtract 20 and get 00, and instead of typing 04, you would type 00.
18. Save bloodgulch.map. You can now quit HexEdit, we won't need it any more. Time to go back to HMT and make the projectile change.
------------Changing the Projectile-----------
19. You will have to reload bloodgulch.map because we have changed the file in HexEdit. Open bloodgulch.map in HMT again. Now open the Dependancy Swapper from Window > Dependancy Swapper, or by hitting ? + D (Apple + D). Scroll down to weap. Click it.
20. Click on weapons\sniper rifle\sniper rifle. Find the sniper rifles projectile. It will say proj weapons\sniper rifle\sniper bullet. Click that.
21. Below, click on the drop down menu and the new projectile you want. Quit HMT.
22. The final step is to play your map. All you have to do is change the map header back to the original demo header. Use HexEdit to do so, save the map, and fire up Halo with your new map. Anyone who joins your server will be able to see the change in projectile for the weapon you edited. Enjoy.