[TuT] for New maps for demo & full (mainly demo)

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Mac Hacker
Ranger

[TuT] for New maps for demo & full (mainly demo)

Post by Mac Hacker » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:14 pm

Tutorial By unkown

converting a CE map to PC scenery
Ok this tutorial will require the following:
1. JMS File of the map
2. (Optional)Shaders and collision model of the map
3. Guerilla (HEK)
4. Tool.exe (HEK)
5. HaloMapTools (HMT)
6. Rebuilding Map Skills

How to convert a Halo Custom Edition map into a Halo Combat Evolved Multiplayer map.

First find a CE(Custom Edition) map you like. After you have found one contact the maker of the map or the team via Microsoft Network(MSN), AOL Instant Messenger(AIM), etc. Ask him/her for the JMS file of the map they made and the Shader folder and bitmap folder and collision model file. You require the CE map's authors permission to port their map.
Assuming you have the Shaders folder and the bitmaps folder and coll. model file, you can start. Make sure you set it up in the directory... X:\xxxx\xxxxxx\Halo Custom Edition\data\scenery\[map name]. Place the JMS file in a models folder inside the scenery map name directory. Open command prompt and type in cd..X:\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx\Halo Custom Edition. Once you have that done then you type in...
tool bitmaps scenery\[mapname]\bitmaps and then it will convert them to propper.bitmap tags in the tags folder. Now type tool model scenery\[mapname]\ then it will make a propper gbx model. Now copy the collision model file and the shader file and go to the main Halo CE route directory and go to tags>scenery>[mapname] and then paste the collision model and shaders in there. Open up Geurilla now and choose New>Scenery.

Set the model to the gbxmodel of the map, then go to collision-model and go and choose the collision model. Choose Save As and save it as [mapname].scenery. Now compile a normal Halo CE map and add the [mapname] scenery to the map in sapien and compile the map. After you have compiled the map open up the Halo CE map in Hex Workshop and change the 6102 to 0700. Open up the map in HMT and go down to scenery and then click scenery\[mapname\[mapname] and then recursively save it and keep clicking on continue and saving it then extract the raw models. There you go, you have the tags. Rebuild them into a map and then place the [mapname] scenery and move the spawn points and vehicles within the maps. There you go. You have successfuly completed a CE-PC conversion.

-----Demo Users

after you make scen tags build the map and use the rip tut to rip the scen tag of the bsp then inport it into the map and null shaders for original BSP
just like what deox did in deep space
TsGh

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:12 am

So we follow this exact tutorial except we add the "Demo Users" bit at the bottom for the Scnr tag? It can't be Scen because there are multiple Scen tags.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:21 pm

dude do u know wwhat deox did? he nulled the bsp then prolly nulled most of the senery and moved spawn points with sparkedit we know can use eschaton to move them so yeah just put the bsp scen to replace a scen in the map (bsp scen has colision so u wont fall through)
TsGh

x1MCMAXx
Veteran
Location: Keeping an eye over the forums... making sure that they let the dynasty live on.

Post by x1MCMAXx » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:34 pm

Heh. Nulled BSP. Easy nuff. I remeber that its some long (maybe 0x8A0) and then you change those bytes to FF FF FF FF. I don't remember exactly, but I think Syp told me how to do it.
The 1MCMAX... http://www.MoBDeep.net

\ >_< /

GT: MoB iZ Dynasty

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:58 pm

tyler777 wrote:dude do u know wwhat deox did? he nulled the bsp then prolly nulled most of the senery and moved spawn points with sparkedit we know can use eschaton to move them so yeah just put the bsp scen to replace a scen in the map (bsp scen has colision so u wont fall through)
I am aware of what he did, yes, but I don't think you answered my question.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.