Small note: PPFMaster doesn't seem to want to work correctly all of the time and may simply say "build failed" instead of creating a ppf. The simple way of fixing that is to have PPFMaster be on your desktop instead of in a folder somewhere.PPF Creation by bobindashadows
PPFMaster The first thing you need is PPFMaster, a program by ScotiaSoft systems for the creation of PPF Patches. You can download it form the utilities page. Also, you need to have a modded map, along with the original.
A Little Bit About PPFs
The reason we have PPF Patches is that it’s difficult to distribute the full Halo maps, so people can install them. What PPF patches do is figure out what’s different between a regular map and a mod, and save what’s different. That way, a person can simply download your patch, and use a program to install the mod. Note: PPFs are usually not efficient for rebuilt maps. I’m going to teach you how to make those PPFs here.
Making the PPF
First, you have to have both an unmodded map and a modded map. If you don’t have one, stop here. When you have both, launch PPFMaster. There are two sections to the program Ñ apply, and make. You will be looking at the bottom half of the window. Use the two browse buttons to select the original map file, and select the modded one. If you don’t know what file_id.diz is, ignore that. It’s beyond the scope of this tutorial. Choose if you want “Undo data”, which allows the user to undo your mod if they so desire. Choose if you want validation - chances are you don’t. That will just make it harder for people to install your mod. When you’re ready, click the “Make” button. It will ask you where you would like to save your PPF, and proceed to create it. Just wait a while, and it should make the PPF.
For those Mac users wanting to distribute their mods, PPFs are key. This tutorial should’ve taught you how to use a simple program and make the PPFs you need.
By: Napoleon Blown-apart
BACK UP YOUR MAPS!!!!
1. You need either PPF Master or PPF-O-Matic
2. They are included in this Download
3. First you need a PPF and it needs to be named that same as the map you are going to apply it to. Eg. Bloodgulch.map = Bloodgulch.ppf
4. PPF DO NOT WORK ON DIFFERENT MAPS!!! Eg. If you dl a mod for blood gulch you can’t change the name to sidewinder.ppf and expect it to work
5. First double click on the ppf
6. Then it should open PPF-O-Matic if it doesn’t then make it open with that
7. Click on the select next to the part that says target (Or something like that just not patch)?8. Select the map in the pop up window that is named the same in your maps folder
9. Hit apply and you’re good to go!