[Tut] How to Convert CE Tags to Demo/Importing the Tags

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

[Tut] How to Convert CE Tags to Demo/Importing the Tags

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:55 am

KK guys this Doesn't Include the Bitmaps. This is my First Real Tut so If i wrote Anything Wrong Tell me and Ill correct. But this is How I Importstuff From CE.

How to Rip Custom Edition maps To demo 2007 Edition

Equipment Needed:
HMT
HHK
Eschaton
Harbinger

Phase 1: Converting Your Map.
Put your Selected Map Someplace safe. Open Harbinger and on The Button "target Map" Select the CE Map you wish to Convert. On the Button "Map Folder" Select Your Halo's Map Folder. Then Select which Map you want the CE to Convert Too. For now we are going to use Bloodgulch. Make sure that The last two Tabs say MP and Find All. Now Sit Back and Let Harbinger Do it's work...

Phase 2: Extracting the CE meta.
Right now I'm just going to tell you how to Rip a Mongoose, But this works on Any CE Item. Including Weapons. Now Make sure that our Map Reads "Bloodgulch.map" Not just "Bloodgulch". If that checks out, Open the Converted CE map (Should be in Documents or Wherever you chose to put it) in HHK. Use the One with the Waffle Icon. Create a new Folder on The Desktop Called "Mongoose" or whatever your Ripping. Go back Into HHK, Scroll down the Tags until you come to the Vehi Tag. Click on the Drop down Triangle beside the tag. If your wanting to Rip weapons then you want to go in the Weap Tag. This Should show you all the Vehicals or Weapons in the Map. Click on "Mongoose" or your selected CE item, Click on the "Tools" tab, And Select "Recursively Export Meta and References" A Window will come up, Select the Mongoose or CE folder We created Earlier.

Phase 3: Importing.
Now Close the CE Map window in HHK and Open Up Our Untouched Bloodgulch.map. Make Sure that it is Converted to Full using Demo Hack and Open it up in HHK. Under the "Tools" tab in the top menu bar, select "Import Recursive."
A window will open. First, navigate through the Mongoose or CE Meta folder to the file titled "Mongoose.vehi" (or For example "Brute Spiker.weap") and click Open. The path to the file should be like so: Mongoose CE Meta folder > vehicles > Mongoose > Mongoose.vehi
Once you click open, a new window will pop up. You must now select the entire CE Meta folder which includes the rest of the meta for the Mongoose or Weapon. Select our folder and click open. Now go in the Files Tab and Click Save.

Phase 4: Importing the Model
Open up Halo Modding Tools (HMT) and open our Converted CE map.
Scroll through the list of tags until you reach the "mod2" tag.
Click the drop-down triangle to the left of mod2.
Now scroll down the list until you come across "vehicles\mongoose\mongoose."
Or "Weapons/battlerifle/"
Click it, and it should become highlighted.
Now to the right of the tags window, click the button that says "Save Meta." It will ask you where to save. Simply save it to the Desktop.
Now, below the tag window, click the button that says "Save Raw." Save the two files to the desktop.
Open our bloodgulch.map in HMT now, and drop down the mod2 tag. Find "vehicles\mongoose\mongoose."
Click it and it should highlight. Now to the right of the tags window, click the button that says "Inject Meta."
Navigate to the mod2 meta we saved to the Desktop. It should be in a folder titled "vehicles," and within that, in a folder titled "mongoose." or your CE item. Click on the file titled "Mongoose.mod2.meta" and click open. So, the file path should be as follows: Desktop > vehicles > mongoose >mongoose.mod2.meta
Now under the tags window in HMT, click on the button that says "Append Raw." A window will come up with locations to select two files. Vertices and indices. These are the two files we saved to the Desktop when we clicked "Save Raw."
Next to vertices, click "Browse" and navigate to "mongoose.mod2.vertices" on the Desktop, and click open.
Next to indices, click "Browse" and navigate to "Mongoose.mod2.indices" on the Desktop, and click open.
Now click "Append" after both files have been selected.
You can use that Technieq with Weapons, Just make sure you go to weapons, No Vehicals.

Phase 5: Making your Vehical Drivable (Weapon rippers can Skip this)
Open Eschaton, Go down to the Vehi tag. Select your Vehical, then go on Seat 1. If you Imported a Mongoose, The Seat should be, G-Driver. Or W-driver For Any Other Vehi. You can choose what you like Best. Press enter After your change and Exit Eschaton.

Phase 6: Making Your CE Items, Vehi Spawn.
Ok Now to make all that Hardwork Pay off. If your Importing Ce Weapons you can go Into Eschaton Dependancy Swapper go to the scnr tag. Levels/test/bloodgulch/ And you'll see quite a few thing come up. No worries. If you are Importing Vehi You can Make them Appear By Swapping them with Scenery, I;d suggest a Tree or rocks. For CE Weapons you can do the same, Or swap with In game Weapons like Assault Rifle. After your Done, Convert Back to Demo and Test out Your map. Congrats you Just made a Custom Edition Mod For Halo!

Tutorial By Fonzie

And Yes Most of this is from Importing a Peli In Bloodgulch. I do not Claim Full credit.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:59 am

so this works for intel too, right?

(anycase) thanks fonzie :)

EDIT: i was too lazy to read it before... XP
i read it now, so i did a mini tutty:

• convert the map you need using harbriner. (do it using bloodgulch.)
• PMI tag you need in bloodgulch
• perfect last things like sounds, seats, flying pigs.

and, do you need halo full to do this? >_> let'sa see...
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Nice. This is bound to be useful.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:16 pm

Thanks Moxus, Im planning on writing Tuts in replace of modding. I'm not Stingy I'll Share everythin I know with you guys ;) But if you guys see anything wrong let me know. :D expect more tuts!

And YES taxi it works on intel lol

And No u dont need full, Just make sure the Bloodgulch in your Map Folder is Demo Hacked to full. Thanks Altimit For Harbinger!
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS

BRIMSTONE
Ranger

Post by BRIMSTONE » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:21 pm

with this.....(clenches fist)I WILL RULE THE WORLD!MUAHAHAHAHAHhhhhhhh........

EDIT: or not........every time i try to convert a CE map...it says EXCEPTON OF NULL CLASS OUTA BOUNDS APPLICATION MUST QUIT IMEDIATELY. or some such nonsense.......heres what i did:

1.target map(my CE map no changes to it)
2.find all and MP selected
3.maps folder selected(BG has been demohacked to full)
4---->convert
ERRORERROR
any help?

Zealot0830
Operative

Post by Zealot0830 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:29 pm

Awsome but when i try to convert the map in harbinger it crashes lol :roll:

BRIMSTONE
Ranger

Post by BRIMSTONE » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:43 pm

hmmmmm.i read through the realese/explanation of this thing (DAMN TYLER TO THE 9TH CIRCLE OF DAMNATION!..ehheh) and found this:
and for Mac users, some maps do not work on PowerPC processors.
this our prob?

D£PP
Veteran

Post by D£PP » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:22 pm

You guys didn't know that? Lol, nice job on the tut, C#MT version is somewhat easier though,(when I explain it) although I guess some people say the app doens't work for them, o well.
??D?PP??

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:23 pm

Zealot which crashed harbinger or halo? because you have to use a full version map. Not just bloodgulch converted to full by demo hack.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Zealot0830
Operative

Post by Zealot0830 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Oh :oops:

x1MCMAXx
Veteran
Location: Keeping an eye over the forums... making sure that they let the dynasty live on.

Post by x1MCMAXx » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:46 pm

Do I smell a sticky?
The 1MCMAX... http://www.MoBDeep.net

\ >_< /

GT: MoB iZ Dynasty

Monoman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Monoman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 pm

x1MCMAXx wrote:Do I smell a sticky?
Has anyone actually tried the method he posted? Not just saying it looks correct or should work. Last time I stickied a tutorial, a few weeks after that everyone said it didn't work when the initial response was the tutorial worked.
Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter. -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

MGM Discord | MGM Chat
MGM Sig

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:37 am

Someone give me a link to Harbinger :D
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Fonzeh
Ranger

Post by Fonzeh » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:39 am

Monoman wrote:
x1MCMAXx wrote:Do I smell a sticky?
Has anyone actually tried the method he posted? Not just saying it looks correct or should work. Last time I stickied a tutorial, a few weeks after that everyone said it didn't work when the initial response was the tutorial worked.
Monoman I made this Tut For Andor, He was errm Testing the tut and it worked. Also this is the method I use. But BY all mean test it out guys. Dont sticky it if something IS wrong with it. BTW You have to make sure that you are selecting your halo MAPS Folder. And that the Bloodgulch INSIDE the Folder is Converted To Full. Make Sure Barbinger says FIND ALL instead of Find ONE. And that it says MP for multiplayer. And when u select your target make sure that its ur CE map. Converted Maps save in documents or wherever u decide. Hope this helps!
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:44 am

This tut works fine. its exactly the same way I do it and I tested perfect tut. Should be Stickied.
Stupid tinypic removing my images