Making the Warthog Gunner>Seat [REVISED/REWRITTEN]

Moderator: Halo Moderators

G[v]N
Green Beret

Making the Warthog Gunner>Seat [REVISED/REWRITTEN]

Post by G[v]N » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 am

How to make the Warthog Gunner into a Seat: Revised

First off, this is really not my tutorial at all. Because Fonzie's tut on this was a bit 'old'(Eschaton 0.4.1) and unclear ( Some grammar/whatever errors-I'm a perfectionist:P ), I decided to revise it and make it 'compatible' with Eschaton 0.6 or later for your convenience. ;)

Instructions:

1) Copy your bloodgulch.map onto your desktop, and open it in Eschaton 0.6 or later.
2) Go to the vehi tag, click the 'carrot/arrow' beside it and click mp_warthog (or whichever warthog you want to change: if rocket warthog, click rwarthog.)
3) In the Meta Editing window, click the Seat carrot and click on Seat: 03.
4) Click the ASCII Strings carrot and then Seat Name. Change it to scorpionRF and press enter/return.

Ok, let's quit Eschaton for now and see whether whatever we've done so far is working.
Copy your modded map into your maps folder, and test out your game.
Walk behind the hog you changed (rocket or chaingun) and behind the turret seat. If the text "Enter Gunner Seat" doesn't appear, nice work, we're halfway there. ;D

Now it's time to get rid of the turret.

Open your map in Eschaton again.
Click the mod2 carrot and scroll down and click vehicles/warthog/warthog.
After selecting it, go to Dependency Swapper and change the following things:
From
To:
Basically its: change the 3rd and last two tags to ligh(Tag Class) - effects\lights\coop teleport.

However, for RHog, (rocket hog) you may have to change a few extra things.
In this case, the few extra things are:
Everything that starts with "weapons\rocket".

After you've done, double check the Seat 03 Name again and MAKE SURE it's scorpionRF. THAT makes it so someone can sit in it and have complete control, aiming, etc.
Now, the final step!

Go back to the vehi tag, click the carrot and click the mp_warthog again. Go to Seat 03, click 32-bit Bitmasks and click Flags.
Now check/tick the following: (click the ones you want to 'tick' and press Flip Bit)
1. 3rd person entrance
2. Uses Mc weapons
3. 3rd person
Make sure those are the only ones checked, otherwise it may glitch and not work properly.
Now QUIT ESCHATON, AND TRY IT OUT!!
;)

Credits to: Fonzie, Mota-Lev for the original TuT
Revised and rewritten by Gra[V]33N
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:30 am

Lol Thanks Man. Looks good easy to follow. I just basically took wut i knew. And i never tried it with eschaton 6. Thanks again man!
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:32 am

Haha. No prob bra. *XD*
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:40 pm

Adjusting your brightness I see?
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig