[TuT] Importing, Duplicate and Move Logs.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

[TuT] Importing, Duplicate and Move Logs.

Post by Fonzeh » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:54 pm

Ah yes another tut from Fonzie, Enjoy guys :D

Tools needed"
Eschaton 6.1
Sparkedit
Chunk Cloner

First open your map in eschaton. And Go into Dependancy Swapper. Locate all the Scnr or maybe Just a Select Few but I would do it to them all. Change all scenery to tree_leafy_fallentrunk. then quit out of eschaton and open Chunk Cloner.

Now you will see Scenery and Across from it you will see "uplicate". Make sure u click "uplicat". And realise every time u do the amount of it increases. Do it as many times as u need. Then quit out of that and attempt to make your logs straight up. In order to do this easily you can play the game.

Find a log that stands straight up. Go in eschaton's Scenario editor and Select the log thats in there area the straight one was. And Make all other logs the same coordinates and Rotation Coordinates as that one. Thus making them all Straight and spawning in the same place. Now open Sparkedit

Sparkedit Controls

W-Forward
A-Left
S-Back
D-Right
C-Down
Space Bar-Up

RC- Rotate camera, Allows you to rotate the camera by clicking and dragging ur mouse.
S- Select, Allows u to select your item.
T- Transport or move your item.
Option+mouse movement- Moves your selected item up or down.

Just place your logs where u want and then save and play your map!
Congrats!
Tutorial by Fonzie
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:19 pm

Ahh that why you asked what the log was called. Great tut. Well done
Stupid tinypic removing my images

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:12 am

Open textedit > Copy > Paste
Hehe..nice bra..XD
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:56 am

An easier way is to just change the bolder. To log. The bolder is the first piece of scenery in the scnr tag in d-swappa.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Eclipse
Ranger

Post by Eclipse » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:42 pm

does any one know if there is a chunk cloner that can clone other objects besides the one concure released which can only clone the rock for SCEN like each section can only clone one object.

conure

Post by conure » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:46 pm

eclipse wrote:does any one know if there is a chunk cloner that can clone other objects besides the one concure released which can only clone the rock for SCEN like each section can only clone one object.
I dont think so, thats why i made it. Would you like me to update it a bit as we wait for the next appy to do it? I could add index support, other item duplicating and a basic XYZ cord editing.

Fonzeh
Ranger
Location: "I didn't just take your mom out to dinner. I ate your mom for dinner."

Post by Fonzeh » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:17 pm

Conure i think we would all love that lol. Make it a bit more clean to. More organized. Other than that it already is a great app lol.
G[v]N wrote:HUGE NOTIFICATION
THIS GRAVY HAS BRAINS
Mota-Lev was here 30/4/2010@2:18pm

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:28 pm

Yeah, very, VERY useful. Though I haven't actually worked on a big enough mod yet to use it for something big, I've experimented a bit with it, and I already love it.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:18 pm

Yep, definitely.
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.