On SCNR spawn points

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Kayar wrote:Wow... interesting. You and Conure have really been doing a LOT of research, haven't you? Awesome, man. Now, thing is, I understand MOST of that. I understand what we'd have to do, what with cloning a vehicle_ref chunk and whatnot, but to duplicate a vehicle spawn chunk would require being able to select the one we want, right? Which would have to be done in hex? Correct me if I'm wrong though, I probably am...

Good job though, this is some pretty sweet info.
lewbylew wrote:Back on topic, Alt, does this have anything to do with creating a whole new spawn point, if so, would it be possible to make it into a program which is like Sparkedit, only you donnot Sparkedit anything, you just click on a place and it creates the item you want, presumably from a list of items such as trees and weapens?

One more point, this should be Stickied coz, if you bothered to read it, it is uefull for future mods (I didn't read the whole thing, I started and just became confuse, I will read it in detail when I have more time)
Just to make sure these questions that people have don't get lost in the spam, I wanted to re-post them. It'd be helpful if they were answered BEFORE a bunch more people started posting a bunch more useless crap in this topic. :wink:
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:22 pm

As far as I know, the chunk cloner should allow you to dupe spawn points and ref chunks. Then it's just a matter of moving the spawn point. But yes you'd need to hex the index for which vehicle it is since I didn't add the ability in Esch.

And yeah I could probably make an app that does the create item at location out of list. It'd just be a matter of being able to clone chunks and user interface. Something to work on I suppose.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:14 pm

lol this is a noob question but can you use the something to duplicate grenades?

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Altimit01 wrote:As far as I know, the chunk cloner should allow you to dupe spawn points and ref chunks. Then it's just a matter of moving the spawn point. But yes you'd need to hex the index for which vehicle it is since I didn't add the ability in Esch.

And yeah I could probably make an app that does the create item at location out of list. It'd just be a matter of being able to clone chunks and user interface. Something to work on I suppose.
well if you could do that since you know how to do a bsp view you outa make a 3D Cloner
TsGh

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:47 pm

I really don't see much reason to do it any other way. At least for spawn cloning that is.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Altimit01 wrote:I really don't see much reason to do it any other way. At least for spawn cloning that is.
so 3D Cloner it is? anyway since you know Xcode & C++ can u write a tut on how to use interface builder and link stuff its a pain in th ass searching google an turning up nothing like for maybee a simple helloe world app so i can know what to link like class and so on
TsGh

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:19 pm

I haven't bothered with xcode or interface builder for a reason. It's a crappy IDE and I haven't bothered to learn it beyond some basic info gleaned from reading tutorial sources. They provide enough info to get started but it's more trouble than it's worth imo. Which is why I don't do it.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:54 pm

Altimit01 wrote:I haven't bothered with xcode or interface builder for a reason. It's a crappy IDE and I haven't bothered to learn it beyond some basic info gleaned from reading tutorial sources. They provide enough info to get started but it's more trouble than it's worth imo. Which is why I don't do it.
well any sugestions for a C++ IDE? that is good for mac i cant find the codewarrior anymore for mac <_< idk if hats good or not but o well
TsGh

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 pm

It's pretty hard to find anything that matches VS for ease of use when it comes to developing a GUI based application. I have yet to find anything beside RB but unfortunately RB only works for basic. Which is why most of my programs are written in basic. This article sums it up quite nicely. It might be more powerful in the end but it's just such a hassle that I'd sooner write command line than deal with IB. Eclipse or Codeblocks might be able to do the job but by default they don't have a GUI builder. So it's still the same issue. I've yet to see a simple and easy to use solution.

lewbylew
Veteran

Post by lewbylew » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Altimit01 wrote:And yeah I could probably make an app that does the create item at location out of list. It'd just be a matter of being able to clone chunks and user interface. Something to work on I suppose.
This might be a bit of a nooby suggestion but couldn't you just ask conure about the chunks coz after all he created the chunk cloner, also, I reckon if you created that program, mac modding would be SO much easier

1 more thing, not for Altimit, ok... all you noobs out there, we know that it should be sticked but so far it has, it probably will be in the near future which is good, now shut ya trap unless you have something uefull to say, if you're useless posts were deleted (some) would only have one post.
Lewbylew wrote:now shut ya trap
Last edited by lewbylew on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Altimit01 wrote:It's pretty hard to find anything that matches VS for ease of use when it comes to developing a GUI based application. I have yet to find anything beside RB but unfortunately RB only works for basic. Which is why most of my programs are written in basic. This article sums it up quite nicely. It might be more powerful in the end but it's just such a hassle that I'd sooner write command line than deal with IB. Eclipse or Codeblocks might be able to do the job but by default they don't have a GUI builder. So it's still the same issue. I've yet to see a simple and easy to use solution.
i have to concur that your write in every since interface builder is a biatch if only RB could acsess memory....... and i do not think i can write a comandline app for memhacking halo like say a portal gun?

but idk i will tr my best with my limited abilities hmm mabee i could find a memory acsessing module? for RB...
TsGh

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:22 am

lewbylew wrote:This might be a bit of a nooby suggestion but couldn't you just ask conure about the chunks coz after all he created the chunk cloner, also, I reckon if you created that program, mac modding would be SO much easier
I've been working with him on integrating a lot of new techniques and capabilities into Eschaton. Chunk related editing is just one of the things we've been collaborating on.

me.

Post by me. » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:15 pm

damn, I like these little "explanation things" about modding and stuff. and hey altimit, and conure, i've always took your modding tools for granted, so... THANKS! I've dabbled a little bit in xcode and interface builder, but the only useful part of interface builder is making fake mock-up "apps" a la tylers :quote: "macedit" :quote: the rest of interface builder is useless and stupid.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:01 pm

me. wrote:damn, I like these little "explanation things" about modding and stuff. and hey altimit, and conure, i've always took your modding tools for granted, so... THANKS! I've dabbled a little bit in xcode and interface builder, but the only useful part of interface builder is making fake mock-up "apps" a la tylers :quote: "macedit" :quote: the rest of interface builder is useless and stupid.
<_< that was real i just edited the interface of sparkedit <_<

anyway i can program in C++ (still learning) (i can do a lil RB) (I can Program in Obj-C to :D)
TsGh

me.

Post by me. » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:20 pm

lol, you can do some R-sunglasses? and yes, i know what you mean.