[Halo Mem Hax Tut] Name Hack

Moderator: Halo Moderators

DanDan
Ranger

Post by DanDan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:40 am

well, its harder than it looks! sorry i cant read your mind, but get off your fucking ass and write a couple words down to tell how :x

Go Go Go Play CS:S!!!!

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 am

DANDAN wrote:well, its harder than it looks! sorry i cant read your mind, but get off your fucking ass and write a couple words down to tell how :x
bah dont do name changes your first time its kinda hard <_<

ok download my mem hacking kit and there are 2 tuts in it go to the one about ammo <_< and do that one to learn how to search for stuff to hack ok
TsGh

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 am

dude, your first post doesn't tell someone how to rename vehicles, so dont go around freaking out at people for misunderstanding you when you misunderstand them, and please jsut tell us how to freaking rename vehicles
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

DanDan
Ranger

Post by DanDan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:12 am

Tyler777 wrote:
DANDAN wrote:well, its harder than it looks! sorry i cant read your mind, but get off your fucking ass and write a couple words down to tell how :x
bah dont do name changes your first time its kinda hard <_<

ok download my mem hacking kit and there are 2 tuts in it go to the one about ammo <_< and do that one to learn how to search for stuff to hack ok
Thank you tyler. thats is what i wanted in first place!

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:25 pm

ghosts wrote:dude, your first post doesn't tell someone how to rename vehicles, so dont go around freaking out at people for misunderstanding you when you misunderstand them, and please jsut tell us how to freaking rename vehicles
renaming vehicles is the same way exept you gotta oepn a server to searrch for akak a warthog or something like taht sdoing a acii search <_<
TsGh

sword
Ranger

Post by sword » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Very nice.

Now try something beyond search and replace.

Locate the constant address in memory of the function that writes to memory the locations of players on the map.

Then hook that function using a jmp opcode, have it write the player data to a code cave in memory, and then use an external program to read the values out of memory, triangulate the position of a player, and then do the proper trig to create a lead box around the players head.

By the way, if your on an Intel Mac then Rosetta will be dynamically assembling the PPC code so that it will work very quickly on your x86 machine. This means that the offset of the Halo executable will be ever changing in memory.
The sword.

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:01 pm

sword wrote:Very nice.

Now try something beyond search and replace.

Locate the constant address in memory of the function that writes to memory the locations of players on the map.

Then hook that function using a jmp opcode, have it write the player data to a code cave in memory, and then use an external program to read the values out of memory, triangulate the position of a player, and then do the proper trig to create a lead box around the players head.

By the way, if your on an Intel Mac then Rosetta will be dynamically assembling the PPC code so that it will work very quickly on your x86 machine. This means that the offset of the Halo executable will be ever changing in memory.
i kinda understood that but u know i am still a n newb at memory hacking so give me some time man......and btw i havent fiddled with your wrapper to know how the write prosses memory works.........
TsGh

DanDan
Ranger

Post by DanDan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 pm

Tyler777 wrote:
ghosts wrote:dude, your first post doesn't tell someone how to rename vehicles, so dont go around freaking out at people for misunderstanding you when you misunderstand them, and please jsut tell us how to freaking rename vehicles
renaming vehicles is the same way exept you gotta oepn a server to searrch for akak a warthog or something like taht sdoing a acii search <_<
I TRIED IT YOU ASS!!! i told you that like ten posts ago, now just fucking help.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 am

Tyler777 wrote:i kinda understood that but u know i am still a n newb at memory hacking so give me some time man......and btw i havent fiddled with your wrapper to know how the write prosses memory works.........
Oh the irony...

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.