33%

Total votes: 3

Pakar45
Veteran

halo demo tutorial tag duplication tutorial

Post by Pakar45 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:21 am

this might already be figured out but i made a new tag renaming process
useful or not useful
first it's basically like duplicating a tag but it's more complicated first basically recursively export meta and references in HHK i'm using the Rwarthog vehicle tag so scroll down to vehicle rwarthog tools recursively export meta and references make a new folder on your desktop named whatever the tag is not what you want to rename the tags then open up HMT 0.75 and go to mod 2 save meta on the rwarthog and save raw to the rwarthog and save the meta into rwarthog vehicles rwarthog then save the indices and vertices into vehicles rwarthog then hide HMT and go to your desktop and go to rwarthog and rename all the tags that have rwathog to whatever you want the tag to be called just be sure to keep the end of it on like .vehi or.vehi.ehmrf then once you renamed all the tags rename all the directories in the folder that start with rwarthog to whatever you want your tag to be named then unhide HHK and close the map then open up the map you want your new vehicle in then tools import recursively meta and references import your tag such as rwarthog15.vehicle (example) then once you've selected the one tag and hit choose or whatever a second window will pop up select the whole folder whatever you named it and hit the button to choose it then file save wait for it to save wait 5 seconds and close HHK then open HMT 0.75 hit load your map you just imported the tag into and spawn it however you want if you want to replace the rwarthog with your new vehicle or if you want to use the hmt and textedit way you can but if you want to get it's own model heres what I did i went into HMT scrolled down to mod2 vehicles/rwarthog/rwarthog/ saved the meta again and saved raw again to a newly named folder like rwarthog 15 model saved the meta then a saved the mod2 indices and vertices then went to HHK opened my map went to mod2 vehicles rwarthog recursively export meta and references to that folder but in a new directory it really doesn't matter then closed that map and opened that same map to be safe and refreshed then hid HHK went to my desktop rwarthog 15 model went and dug threw the folder and got rwarthog.mod2 and renamed it rwarthog15.mod2 and renamed the rest of the tags that started with rwarthog to rwarthog15 and renamed the folder to rwarthog 15 model then went back to HHK import recursively rwarthog 15 model vehicles rwarthog 15 then rwarthog15.mod2 and opened it then a second window opened up and I selected the whole folder that contained all the information and data went to file save wait till finished saving then waited five more seconds closed HHK then this was just a test to see what would happen (i opened up halo full and went to bloodgulch and i had already changed my projectile for my plasma pistol to rwarthog 15 and i changed the rwarthog 15's model to rwarthog 15 and shot it out and it was all messed up so i was like oh yeah i need to perfect the model) so then you obviously need to perfect and decrap the model so open hmt 0.75 load your map you imported the new renamed tag into let it load then scroll down to mod 2 and go to vehicles/rwarthog15/rwartoh15/ then clicked on it then hit inject meta go to the folder you made on your desktop go to rwarthog 15 and find the meta you saved it should be renamed to whatever you renamed your tag to if not rename it then click on rwarthog15.mod2.meta and open then a dialogue box should appear saying meta injected then click on append raw find the vertices and indices in that same folder (vertices go first indices go second) once you've got them in the boxes click append wait about a second then click another tag then in about three seconds it should crash don't worry your model has been perfected and decrapped a box should appear saying something like HMT closed unexpectedly or quit unexpectedly just hit close and go to HMT 0.75 open it load your map press apple D and the d-swapper should open then go to vehicles rwarthog15 click it select mod2 at the very top and find the new model rwasrthog15 then once your new model has spawned in halo full or demo it should be normal now if you want to make your own bitmaps for it you can open HHK and find your model and the part you should probably recusively export one at a time then import recursive in the maps and save it. hit apple h and HHK should hide open up you map in HMT 0.75 and hit apple D in the D-swapper go to vehicles or whatever your tags class is mine is vehicle so i will be using vehicle and hit rwarthog15 go to where theres just a dash and it should say the parts of the warthog and like bitmaps well whatever you just imported find it then swap it with the warthog15 one there you go and if you want the shaders i don't really know why you would do the same thing you may have to save the meta and and save raw but i dont know but now my fingers are sore from typing this and please tell me if this has been discovered before

Mac Hacker
Ranger

Post by Mac Hacker » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:32 am

lol i knew this, this is how i make duplicate Health packs to make AI spawns (without vehicles))
TsGh

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:38 am

lol but yeah I knew this...

.xxxshooter

Post by .xxxshooter » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:35 am

it probably be easier to understand if it was organized a little (steps maybe?) better than a huge paragraph.

thanks for the guide though!

~xxx~

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:04 pm

very useful, but very un-user friendly, like shooter said, try separating you steps
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Dirk Gently
Commando

Post by Dirk Gently » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Please de-wall that.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:53 pm

Give china their wall back

Slapzy
Ranger

Post by Slapzy » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

^ ROFL

a revised version:
Slappey wrote:this might already be figured out but i made a new tag renaming process

basically like duplicating a tag but more complicated.

1. Recursively export meta and references in HHK i'm using the Rwarthog vehicle tag for this example, scroll down to vehicle rwarthog, Hit tools>recursively export meta and references, make a folder on your desktop, and name it the current name of the tag. Hide HHK.

2. Open up HMT 0.75 and save the mod2 meta for the rwarthog. Then save the raw vertices and indices of the rwarthog. Save the meta into rwarthog / vehicles / rwarthog, and save the indices and vertices into vehicles / rwarthog.

3. Hide HMT and go to your desktop, and open the rwarthog folder. Rename all the tags that have rwathog to whatever you want. Make sure to keep the extensions. Once you renamed all the tags, rename all the directories in the folder that include "rwarthog" to the tag name you want it changed to.

4. Show HHK, close the map you have open. Open up the map you want your new tag injected into. Recursively import your duplicate tag. Save your map, wait a few seconds and close HHK.

5. Show HMT 0.75, Load your map you just imported the tag into and spawn it. Perfect and decrap your model of your duplicate tag. Add/change the shaders, or make some bitmaps for it, and your good.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:36 am

Slappey wrote:3. Hide HMT and go to your desktop, and open the rwarthog folder. Rename all the tags that have rwathog to whatever you want. Make sure to keep the extensions. Once you renamed all the tags, rename all the directories in the folder that include "rwarthog" to the tag name you want it changed to.
Won't work here. All you're going to get is HHK spazing out in the next step because there are a pile of missing tags.

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Excend
Commando

Post by Excend » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:40 am

Slappey wrote: close the map you have open.
TaxiService wrote:Roses are red
Violets are blue
What a shitty thread
Fuck all of you.

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:56 am

Moxus wrote:
Slappey wrote:3. Hide HMT and go to your desktop, and open the rwarthog folder. Rename all the tags that have rwathog to whatever you want. Make sure to keep the extensions. Once you renamed all the tags, rename all the directories in the folder that include "rwarthog" to the tag name you want it changed to.
Won't work here. All you're going to get is HHK spazing out in the next step because there are a pile of missing tags.

-=Moxus=-
Yes it would have to be done in steps.

An IT G33k

Post by An IT G33k » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:43 pm

^That's kinda implied... >.<
Moxus wrote:

-=Moxus=-
I just revised his tut... I didn't change anything of the steps he wrote originally...

G[v]N
Green Beret

Post by G[v]N » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:55 pm

This was used in Moxus' "Combining Two Crosshairs TuT" in which I added to Fonzie's tutorial folder. (I haz my own collection :P)
Moxus wrote:Part 1: Exporting/Importing the Duplicate tag.

1. Using Demo Hack, convert your target Bloodgulch.map map to it's full counterpart.

2. Open the map in HHK. Scroll through the list of tags until you reach the "Whpi" tag class. Click the triangle to show the subsequent tags. Search the list of tags until you find the Whpi tag for the weapon you want to have a combined cross-hair. Select the tag.

3. Open the "Tools" dialog, select "Export Meta and References". HHK will now ask you where to save. First, select the Desktop. Do not save yet! Click the "New Folder" button in the bottom-left corner of the save screen. Name the folder "weapons". HHK should now make the folder. If the folder you just created is not selected, select the folder. Click the "New Folder" button again. This time, give it the name of the weapon you are exporting the tags from. Once the folder is created, save the tag inside the folder you just created. Once you're finished, the file-path to these tags should be as follows: Desktop [Folder] --> weapons [Folder] --> (name of weapon)[Folder] --> Files [Files].

4. Move out of HHK and into Finder. Move through the file-path given in step 3 to the files you just exported. They should be called "[name of weapon].whpi" and "[name of weapon].whpi.ehmrf". Change the name of the weapon in both files to "[name of weapon]2".

5. Back in HHK, open the "Tools" dialog again. This time, choose "Import". Select the tags we just re-named. HHK will prompt you with another window. This time, select the Desktop.

6. Save the map, quit HHK, and convert the map back to Demo. We have our Duplicate tag.
;)
Moxus wrote:Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.