Artist of the Year Awards

Everything related to music.

Who do you think should/ve wi/on the Music Awards?

A. Eminem
25%
B. Michael Jackson
25%
C. Taylor Swift
50%

Total votes: 8

Amy
Green Beret

Artist of the Year Awards

Post by Amy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Who do you think should/ve wi/on the Music Awards?

Feedback please : P
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Re: Artist of the Year Awards

Post by Mota-Lev » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Swift cause I would hit that.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:07 am

Jackson... HE'S DEAD! :D

Cracked

Post by Cracked » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:29 pm

Lyrical Fixation:

Eminem hates his wife and his mother.

Example Lyric:

"I love my daughter more than life n' itself
But I got a wife that's determined to make my life livin' hell
But I handle it well, given the circumstances I'm dealt"

How It All Started:

Eminem has had mommy issues, be it with his mommy or his kid's mommy, since his major label debut, The Slim Shady LP. That album's first single, "My Name Is," was chock full of lyrics about his mom's unfortunate drug habit, but the real kicker was "97 Bonnie and Clyde" (we're not completely sure if that title refers to the year it was recorded or the number of times that goddamned title has been used in rap songs). It was some pretty harrowing shit; Eminem drives to the beach to dispose of the freshly murdered corpse of his ex-wife, Kim. And her new boyfriend. And her boyfriend's kid. All while Kim's daughter, who also happened to be his daughter, was in the car with him.

Kind of hard to top that. But boy, has he tried. And tried, and tried...

Why It Needs to Stop:

It's one thing to call your mom out for being a junkie and threatening your ex-wife on your first album. Antics like those can generally be chalked up to a publicity stunt. But when you follow that up by littering your next three albums with songs about raping your mom ("Kill You") and killing your wife some more ("Kim"), then you're turning into the rap version of Marilyn Manson: a cartoonish figure trying to convert shock value into free advertising.

Like a hip-hop Boo Berry.

When the shock wore off, we kind of just started wishing he'd develop a crippling substance abuse problem like regular folks, rather than rhyming his way through his emotional issues on MTV. Thankfully, that's exactly what he did and the world was blissfully "mommy was mean to me" song-free. For a few years.

Then in 2009, Eminem reemerged with the aptly titled album Relapse. With that album, not only did the world get to hear the innermost turmoil of a man wealthy enough to delve into a four-year drug binge while suffering little to no financial ramifications before being welcomed back to work with open arms, but we also got a whole new round of mommy rhymes.

What rhymes with "ALF shirt"?

On the album's second track (third if you count the intro, which only retards do) Em was back to his old tricks with a song called, what else, "My Mom." She did valium, you know. And lots of drugs. That's why he is how he is. Because of his mom. Fascinating stuff, Mathers. We didn't catch that the first dozen times.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Which all in all makes him awesome.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:38 am

Kim is fucking hilarious, you have to admit.

NinjaPunk

Post by NinjaPunk » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:51 am

Seafire wrote:Jackson... HE'S DEAD! :D
God Damnit...
Can you NOT do that.
It pisses me off when someone says they love Micheal Jackson or they love his songs!
Just because he is DEAD doesn't mean you have to do that! If you really loved him you wouldn't be doing that now...
It's so weird because when he was alive people kept talking about him molesting children and all the scary stuff :| but now they talk about what a great man he was and stuff.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:04 am

NinjaPunk wrote:
Seafire wrote:Jackson... HE'S DEAD! :D
God Damnit...
Can you NOT do that.
It pisses me off when someone says they love Micheal Jackson or they love his songs!
Just because he is DEAD doesn't mean you have to do that! If you really loved him you wouldn't be doing that now...
It's so weird because when he was alive people kept talking about him molesting children and all the scary stuff :| but now they talk about what a great man he was and stuff.
Fuck you. I was a fan of Jackson from discovering a copy of "Thriller" when I was 6 or so. The child molesting was all bollocks.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Actually I'm pretty sure they proved it was true. But Uhm he did have some good songs.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Candy
Operative

Post by Candy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:19 am

Taylor ftw o_o
Michael is ok but I'm not a super hyper fan boy of him o_O
"I love mota and want to take him out on a date cause I am a giant faggot and like to kill mice then eat their insides." Løki
^Knock Knock

NinjaPunk

Post by NinjaPunk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:57 am

Amy wrote:Who do you think should/ve wi/on the Music Awards?

Feedback please : P
I personally like atreyu and crossfade. Awesome punk music dude!
Anyways why does it even matter? I just songs that you don't have to pay for hehe

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Mota, he was not guilty...uh...if i remember, They found tapes of one of the fathers bragging how he was gonna be rich from it...so...yah, jackson just settled the case with a money offer and they got it.

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't really give a shit about the people behind the music, just the music itself is good. Like marylyn manson.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Ew...That guy has bad music and alot of issues to work out...

Noodle
Delta Force

Post by Noodle » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 pm

I think his music is pretty good for the genre, just that the guy is a total fuckhead. >.>