One of you has to love Neo-Psych

Everything related to music.
Sven
SEAL

One of you has to love Neo-Psych

Post by Sven » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:52 am

(one of my favorite music videos)

(BJM are fucking awesome, check out DiG! if you haven't already)

Discuss.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: One of you has to love Neo-Psych

Post by TaxiService » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 am

I've been listening to tame impala since a lot of months! I've really liked their works, but i'm not so sure about their last album. It sounds a little different to me from their past stuff; but i've still got to listen it some more to understand if i like it or not.

I'm definitely going to check out BJM though. That song you linked piqued my curiosity. What is DiG!?

EDIT: PS: i'm all into psychedelic stuff dude. If you are interested in less neo- stuff, lately a friend made me find out about an old band (that supposedly still produces music nowadays?) called Strawberry Alarm Clock that did some pretty cool things back then. You could try to check them out.

PPS: also you might like Flying Saucer Attack. It's kind of a lo-fi dreamy psychedelic rock; it's pretty interesting to me.

Coincidentally i have the first self titled ep in my dropbox! Get it here if you are intrigued.
http://anonym.to/?https://www.dropbox.c ... atts-t.zip
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:09 am

TaxiService wrote:I've been listening to tame impala since a lot of months! I've really liked their works, but i'm not so sure about their last album. It sounds a little different to me from their past stuff; but i've still got to listen it some more to understand if i like it or not.

I'm definitely going to check out BJM though. That song you linked piqued my curiosity. What is DiG!?

EDIT: PS: i'm all into psychedelic stuff dude. If you are interested in less neo- stuff, lately a friend made me find out about an old band (that supposedly still produces music nowadays?) called Strawberry Alarm Clock that did some pretty cool things back then. You could try to check them out.

PPS: also you might like Flying Saucer Attack. It's kind of a lo-fi dreamy psychedelic rock; it's pretty interesting to me.

Coincidentally i have the first self titled ep in my dropbox! Get it here if you are intrigued.
http://anonym.to/?https://www.dropbox.c ... atts-t.zip
I like Flying Saucer Attack. Sounds like something I'd listen to when I just want to zone the fuck out.

DiG! Is a chronicle of the rivalry between two relatively well known bands; The Brian Jonestown Massacre, and The Dandy Warhols. It follows their rivalry through the 90's to the 00's and beyond, delving into points about both the bands and their individual members, such as Anton Newcombe's heroin addiction and the mocking songs produced by the Dandy Warhols. (Not if you were the last junkie on earth)
I'm oversimplifying it a bit, but it's a great watch if you have a free hour.

BJM are awesome, just in general, yet no one I know listens to them. It's fucking ridiculous!

Their newest album, Aufheben (to transcend in german) is awesome, but you have to check out pretty much all of their older stuff. They are possibly one of the most incredible bands I have ever listened to, as well as being immense fun to drum along to.

Listen to all of those, in order. Don't pause please. I'm dropping everything I'm doing now to do just that.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:57 am

Oh, i'm planning to listen to all their stuff. : ) I'm thankful to humanity for P2P. :P I'm almost done listening the first album. I'd have listened more if i weren't as busy yesterday.

So uh, how do i check this DiG! thing out? Is it, like, just the name of a phase in their history or is it something like an album or a movie or some shit..? #comprehensionproblems

*listens to linked videos*
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:02 am

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:20 am

I like what I've heard of psych, I'm not a massive listener but I like tame impala, and black moth super rainbow is a band you guys should check out.
not quite psych but I'm also a fan of grimes.

kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES