Incyclopedia

New mod releases.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

How many unique tags are in Halo Full? (Post an exact number to enter)

less than 1,000
5%
1,000 - 3,000
No votes
3,000 - 5,000
2%
5,000 - 7,500
7%
7,500 - 9,000
21%
9,000 - 12,000
26%
over 12,000
40%

Total votes: 43

Smythe
Commando

Re: [REFERENCE MOD] Incyclopedia {New details on page 9}

Post by Smythe » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:44 am

Like Mota's tag pack but less corrupted stuff.
I am loving this new eschaton!

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:22 am

olly12345 wrote:Like Mota's tag pack but less corrupted stuff.
I am loving this new eschaton!
Also open sauce.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Altimit01
Eschaton Dev
Eschaton Dev

Post by Altimit01 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:47 am

SBSP can be exported no problem. You just use the replacement option instead of the import option. I'm fairly sure matg can as well. sncr can but it's of no use without the ability to alter what scnr the map file uses.
Disclaimer: I am no longer active. Any posts, PMs or other communication I use has no guarantee of accuracy or follow up.
Download Eschaton: Mediafire

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:57 am

It'll be there until the time of its usefulness, then.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

myson12

Post by myson12 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 am

Sparky wrote:New Details:

With the dawn of Eschaton 0.8, I've decided to make the Incyclopedia into a massive tag pack, rather than (or in addition to) a single, large map file. Here's how it will work:

If you've made a mod and would like to add your modded work to the Incyclopedia, rename all the tags that you modded so they start with (fill in the blanks):

your-name\your-mod\

example: Moxus\Crossing\weapons\BB gun (or whatever)

Then rebuild your map and recursively export the tags into a folder. Then zip that directory of folders, upload it somewhere (halodemo ftp might be easiest, ftp://ftp.halodemo.net, else use mediafire or filefront) and send me a link to the zipped file so I can download it and add it to the Incyclopedia.

Some tags cannot be exported as tags (like sbsp and maybe scnr and matg), so I'm not sure yet what I'll do with those. Maybe there will be two versions, a tag pack and also a huge map file. However it works out, it'll be convenient and thorough.

Whatever the format, the initial goal is to make it available by the end of the first week of August.
wait what? umm it's going to be a tag pack? or am i reading this wrong?

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:58 am

You're reading it right, because Eschaton is so sexy, that now we can Import external tags with it.
We are taking advantage of the advancement of our tools. This is making everything easier to
update, easier to rename, and overall just better! HOORAAAAAAAAY!!! WE ARE THE WINARS!!!

zapconquest
Ranger

Post by zapconquest » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:39 pm

I think the coolest way would be for people to upload their tags and put them all in a folder on the FTP server. That way we could download only the ones we want. (By the way, I made a folder on it for that purpose; might upload some tags sooner or later.)

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:26 am

but if for some reason you were modding w/o the internet (lets say in an aeroplane or a car) and you wanted a tag but you needed the internets you could not make the mod :(
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:39 pm

I'm not sure which ftp method you're mentioning, but the simple (no-password method) is drop box, so you'll have to make sure you don't make any mistakes :roll:

The password-accessible directory would be the best option, as long as nobody deletes stuff.

The biggest question is how to keep it all organized... Perhaps the wiki could help us with this task? Or would that be too slow of a system - after all, there would be thousands of tags. Some sort of database is in order.

*references PHP for Dummies book*

Or an application. *cough* nil *sneeze*

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:29 am

Due to recent tool enhancements ( namely, Eschaton 0.8 ), there are plans to make a tag database where you download the specific tags you want from HDM. That would be a similar setup to HaloMaps.org. Eventually, we might make an application that would read from the HDM server and manage the end-user's downloaded tags, similar to what nil's HaloDemoLauncher does with mods. This application would allow you to easily upload your contributions to the tag database. Note that this could also be achieved with our current wiki system; bandwidth is not a concern at this point.

tokage
Ranger

Post by tokage » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:29 pm

This, Is a fantastic setup! You better still call it the Incyclopedia though ;D
HDM Really is our best resource now.

myson12

Post by myson12 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:12 pm

how would i import the tags?

Devious
Commando

Post by Devious » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:02 pm

NOTICE HOW HE WAS SAYING THAT ESCHATON 0.8 ALLOWS YOU TO IMPORT INDIVIDUAL TAGS.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU READ BEFORE SPEAKING.
The armaments which thunderstrike the walls
And monarchs tremble in their capitals.
The oak leviathans, whose huge ribs make
Of lord of thee, and arbiter of war;
Alike the Armada's pride, or spoils of Trafalgar.

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm

I've finished installing all the CE tags into my version of HEK on my PC. The INCY will include more tags than those found in the HDM HaloMaps CE tag archive of tags released since the end of June. It includes tags released prior to today.

Several of the releases are actually .dds and bitmap skins. Those will also be included. For reference and credit, I will include the ReadMe files included with all the CE tags in the INCY archive. I'll probably figure out a way to implement them in the HDM wiki tag download system later on.

This weekend, I will release the INCY Full and CE versions, with all the necessary data internalized. The full version is the one that the contest winner (Zap) won for being the closest to guessing the number of unique tags in Halo Full.

In the next few days, I'll be compiling and organizing the INCY Demo version. You can expect that by the end of next week.

Thus, there will be three versions (Full, CE, Demo) and a constantly-updated online collection of the tags found in all three versions.

Smythe
Commando

Re: [REFERENCE MOD] Incyclopedia {Volume 1 Release}

Post by Smythe » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:55 pm

God damn it thats the fourth pair of pants this month.
Good idea sparky we will put as many custom tags in it as we can.
As soon as this comes out i will put as many tags as i can on it. maybe we could have individual folders for each of our work. so all my tags go in an Olly12345 folder so it's easier to find specific tags.