Moderator: Halo Moderators

Pielogist
Ranger

[MOD] Armageddon

Post by Pielogist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:59 am

wassap guys.

Readme file wrote: Weapons:

Crusader
Fires rapid plasma bolts, overheats quick, yet deals a lot of damage. Short range. Also, charge up the secondary fire to shoot three exploding bolts.

Dominator
A super laser, in the form of a shotgun. it kills everything in just 1 shot. It shoots through most things, including you. Every shot is approximately 1 second. And it runs out of energy pretty fast. This weapon is made especially for this mod.

Firepower
Shoots hyperactive projectiles that detonates after a certain amount of time. Causes no damage at all, but very high in force. Aim for the legs.
Trivia - This weapon is the upgraded and remade weapon made for the MGM weap collab.

Hawk
A sniper rifle. Shoots exploding bullets that confuses opponents. High recoil. the recoil can be used to jump higher.
Trivia - The recoil jump was inspired by the shotgun in the MGM weap collab. ^_^

Manipulator
A gravity rifle. The hidden easter egg in the mod. Comes with it's very own bitmaps! Looks wooden now~

Spew
An improvement of the assault rifle. 2 firing modes. Primary click is automatic, secondary click is burst fire. Recoil added.
Trivia - This was supposed to be in the CS mod. But using my new knowledge, i remade it into this.

Force
Generates a force field around yourself. Everything close will be damaged or pushed away.

Wizard
The flamethrower. Modded to be able the catch up with the other super weapons. Instead of fire, it shoots homing fireballs. Just like a wizard, hence the name.

Midnight
A pistol. Just like a CS pistol, you can spam it to shoot at very high ROF. Given a dark skin. Recoil added. Just like the normal pistol in halo, in the hands of a professional, it can be very powerful.
Trivia - Another weapon from my unfinished CS mod, remade to this standard.

Hyper
A rocket launcher that fires 6 deadly projectiles. Bounces of certain surfaces, sticks to others.

Vehicles:

Atom tank
A.K.A. the shotgun tank. Shoots 15 explosives inaccurately. Takes a long time to recharge. The secondary fire shoots bullets that explodes on impact, high in force, though week in damage. It uses your own energy to do this, don't shoot it too much, or you'll kill yourself.
Trivia - This tank is an edit and improvement of the tank i did for the MGM collab 2.

Mobius
A flying ghosts, extremely fast and agile. Has a light plasma gun and a homing plasma bomb.

Kamikazi
A civil hog rigged with a huge bomb, the whole hog explodes when you press 'fire'

Grenades

Star
The star grenade is just like a flashbang. It blinds anyone within range, and if the target is close enough to the explosion, it will deplete the shield.

Energy
These grenades have extremely high force and deals no damage.

CREDITS

To everyone at mgm, for helping me whenever i have a question. All my knowledge came from you guys. thanks!!

Especially to:

TaxiService, who made me start effect modding.

Sugarlumps, my first Beta tester, you certainly gives me a lot of advise, and also helped me write the credits. xD

And everyone else who beta tested for me~ thanks :D

And of course i'd have to thanks bungie for making halo

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.filefront.com/15852449/Armageddon.zip

PS: i would also like to say that there is absolutely no CE content in this. Everything was made from halo demo tags and a few from halo full version. :D

Smythe
Commando

Re: [MOD] Armageddon

Post by Smythe » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:07 am

This looks beautiful. can you host?

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:09 am

no because if i host it will lag and the joiners won't see the effects and stuff.

Playing with someone else might be better.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:39 am

i can join... can't host though..... i'll try anyway.

Moxus
Delta Force

Post by Moxus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:48 am

Very well done; this is the first real Halo Demo mod I've seen in a long while. It seems evident that you've put a great deal of time and energy into designing and producing the weapons and vehicles in the mod, but more importantly, in balancing them. For example, the Atom Tank.
Pielogist wrote:It uses your own energy to do this, don't shoot it too much, or you'll kill yourself.
This is not only a clever deterrent to over-use of the turret, but also a key balance which separates this mod from other "Doomsday" productions.

I could go on and critique a few things, but frankly, I'm not gonna crucify you for a few minor flaws. We're Human, right?

-=Moxus=-
Kayar wrote:The Collective: Spamming its way to a better tomorrow.
Many thanks to the people who have made my years on MGM and on Halo Demo so memorable.

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:58 am

Lord Please forgive him of his failures and........ wait why am i not burning? could the flame wars be over?

This mod is, while unbalanced, fantastic! a true halo demo mod! No CE which is brilliant!

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 am

IT IS FINALLY OUT!
Ah I can see you changed the HUD to normal again...
Would you like me to record a video and upload it to youtube so people can see all the effects?
Click!

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 am

:rocker:
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:35 am

I told you to reduce the damage on Firepower...
;) I hope you didn't change the entrance to the Ghost, cause then I'ld have to find it all again. :(
Click!

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 am

Oh yea... forgot to tell you guys, you'll have to jump up on the top part of the base to get teleport to the sky base. You know the walls with the forerunner design? One has a sniper while the other has the healthpack. Jump on either of them to teleport to the sky base. :D

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:56 am

As Pie's friend:

If you are confused, look at the following picture.

I hoped that helped.
Click!

Pielogist
Ranger

Post by Pielogist » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 am

Now you can just jump. As the joiners find it hard to shoot the sniper down and stuff, i think it's easier if i just made the jump higher.

thx sugar :D

Kayar
Delta Force

Post by Kayar » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:06 am

Easter eggs are hidden for a reason... >.< Oh well.
~Kayar~
TaxiService wrote:You haven't seen like the 90% of the dicks i drew. Someday i'll make a website where people will be able to browse the contents of my old notebooks.
WilliamSub wrote:They flock with your hormones
MGM Sig

Smythe
Commando

Post by Smythe » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 am

*Opens ESCH to find hidden Gravity Rifle*
nah i would look for it myself but i cannot be bovvered right now

Ranger
Location: Forerunner Cartography Installation 330, making new maps!

Post by 2310 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:09 am

Yay! You've finally released it! Looks good so far ...