MGM: Origins

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Pielogist
Ranger

MGM: Origins

Post by Pielogist » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 am

Well, the theme of this is to understand why everyone ended up with their username that they use today. Of course some are obvious, such as... the pillar of autumn we can assume likes the pillar of autumn from halo. But I do not know of why 'Taxi' is called such, maybe you some of you guys do.. but i don't, so let's share the stories of how our MGM members get their names.

I'll start.
It all started one night when i'm lying in bed, then i came up with the idea of going to school the next day and being random, that way i'd get some cheap laughs from people, and i'd also be able to mildly annoy my friends, which is nice.

So then, the next day, i went to school and told every single person i knew that 'I like pie!' Then apparently my friend got so annoyed he started hating pie, and we'd have ridiculous and illogical arguments about pie. Then for the sake of arguing i've made up multiple facts about pie, about how they are the center of the universe, about how they're the wisest things on earth, how they beat the crap outta pizza and etc. (It was like 2 years ago, but yes, we knew it was a joke, yes, we enjoyed the joke.)

Then because I've made up so many facts about pie, one of then being 'the study of pie is called pielogy' and 'he who studies pielogy shall be called a pielogist'. Then when i'm making an account once, I just decided. 'Mmmm, I'll call myself Pielogist!'

And that's my story of how i got my name.

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Re: MGM: Origins

Post by Mgalekgolo » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 am

no, the reason i'm the pillar of autumn was because i couldn't think of anything else...
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:59 am

Amy: That took a lot of thought to come up with.
Divine: Demon on wiki has that word tossed around, props to Ghosts for calling me a demon.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Post by TaxiService » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:34 am

TaxiService! that's because the first days i played in halo i liked to be the warthog driver! If you see someone named Taxi you'd guess he drives usually, wouldn't you? XD that's more or less why this is the name i chose. <_<

...good times those was. i still thought of bloodgulch as an actual canyon, and i had not the feeling of emptyness that knowing how the bsp is made gives you. \-:

...i could still host! and i used to host races, and koths, oddballs! and i would drive people in places... and make evasive manouvers against snipers and all that stuff...

but then a day my ISP did something that prevented me (and all the people who uses this ISP) to forward ports. ):
So i stopped hosting, and driving... and lost much of the poor skills i had. XD

... Taxi.

lol. look at that four characters. i've never... looked at them like this before... ·_·
T makes me think of yellow... x of green. o_O why though?

...anyway. meh. ._. that's all. ...i know the origin of moxus! :P and mota!
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am

Ghosts its time for you to post your story.
MGM Sig
Mota-Lev wrote:Its like watching an Asian girl crush a cats brain through its eye socket with high heels.. Its horrible but I just can't look away :/.

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 am

Kiyoshi is my uncle's name.

Amy
Green Beret

Post by Amy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 am

Kiyoshi wrote:Kiyoshi is my uncle's name.
That must be really weird when i call you uncle kiyo then...

lololol
MGM Sig

Kiyoshi
Commando

Post by Kiyoshi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:49 am

Not really.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 am

I was levdawg.. then some kid wanted me to join a clan sort of thing. Don't know why, but yeah he said add 'Mota' to your name. So then I arrived at Mota-Lev.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

Modzy
Green Beret

Post by Modzy » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 am

Mota-Lev wrote:I was levdawg.. then some kid wanted me to join a clan sort of thing. Don't know why, but yeah he said add 'Mota' to your name. So then I arrived at Mota-Lev.
Hahaha, he just wanted you to have a reference to weed in your name, silly Levi.

Mota-Lev
Green Beret

Post by Mota-Lev » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:38 am

Yup.. and I never knew what it meant till about a year ago :P.
Stupid tinypic removing my images

kiddten
Commando

Post by kiddten » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am

Right, wish I didn't have lots of names now.
and Shiiit, was was my first one? it had something to do with ninja's, but I know my second name I had was AJ Ninami. I was very fascinated by ninja's at the time, and so I went through lots of different ninja-type names, excluding "Impaled Flabja" which someone made as a corruption of "AJ Ninaml". anyways, My current name, Flaming Bunnies, is off Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, a kids show my sister used to watch all the time. It was off this episode where the main characters were building a trolley (if you don't know what this is, it's basically a wooden motor-less go-cart which you ride down a hill) and were auguring over what to paint it. one wanted flames, one wanted bunnies. as a compromise they painted flaming bunnies.
kiddten, on most things nowadays wrote:no
TaxiService wrote:HERE IS THE GODDAMN WALDO YOU CHEATING DICK
๖ۣۜĐeяP wrote:U MOTHER FUCKER AND U FUCKING PARENTS AND FUCKED OFF ASS HOLES

seabeast
Green Beret

Post by seabeast » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Seabees4: Needed a username, found a random poster on some wall somewhere about Seabees. THen that was taken so I put on 4.
Seabeast: Because why not.
Beast O' Teh Sea: Because someone PM'd me with the topic "Beast O' Teh Sea" and it said "That's who you are o_O".

Also, the game.

Sven
SEAL

Post by Sven » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Thag originally comes from ThatGuy which was my nickname at school. Which was then stolen by another modder. I then shortened it to Thag so I could put a Clan Tag before it in the Halo Demo.
Done and done.
blackkyurem123123 wrote:one of the Admins asks "whaths wrong" and he repiles " someone smasmed me chests".

Zodiark
SEAL

Post by Zodiark » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, mine came from the final Esper in FFXII. Zodiark was a cool boss in Final Fantasy, also the fact that he looks like a shrimp, well that got my attention. So when I was making a username for Halo Demo I just felt making it that. So hence my name Zodiark here.