Post by xM4JoRx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:45 am

needler projectile switched with tank bullet,plasma pistol shoots fuelrod
the assault rifle shoot magnum bullets the sniper is switched with a needler,
and pistol shoots MCs

here is the link :http://www.mediafire.com/?9o7admeg2l007q9

here is some photos Image

i will make a V2 soon so it will be alot better

just so you know i just started modding halo so don't flame me please
Last edited by xM4JoRx on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
you gatta be kidin me

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Re: :MOD: random tag change mod

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 am

Oh, I see its your first mod.

Let me point you in the right direction for releasing a mod...
First, you might want to give a more detailed description of the mod. Not with just 1 or 2 lines. Sometimes people go to the extent to type whole paragraphs!
Secondly, you DO know these are just links to the file in your hard drive ? We cannot view them, as we do not own your harddrive, and therefore cannot view them. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. A better solution is to upload your pictures to http://www.tinypic.com or any other picture hosting site. Once uploaded, simple copy and paste the link provided of the image itself into here, and add the tags if it doesn't have it already.
Third, 2 days for a mod...is okay i guess. Depends on how much effort put it though. I have a mod, uncompleted, and hasn't been touched since February. But I plan to release it anyways, sooner or later.

Lastly, (and this applies to the whole forum), please try to use correct grammar.

From what I gained from your description. You did a dependency swapping mod. That itself is not good enough. You might want to explore Mota, sorry, Meta-Editing, which will greatly help in modding. My first mod was using Sparky's CSS projectiles template, and projectile swaps. But I toned down damage, to ensure fair gameplay.
Would you want this as a mod?
3, 2, 1, Spawning. *BOOM* 3, 2, 1, Spawning. *BOOM*
"RAGEQUIT"

I think not? You could try damage editing, its quite easy to use Eschaton, if you can bother to read what each tagset does. HMT Plugins is the simplest, I recommend starting with it.

Oh, I'm not downloading, waiting for some proper pictures.

PS: This was not intended as a flame, just a push in the general direction.

Oh, also, click the picture in my signature to bring you to the Modding FAQ! A beginners guide written by my good friend Pielogist, I, and others mentioned there. I recommend check it out.

EDIT: 1337 post count O_O
Click!

Mgalekgolo
Commando

Post by Mgalekgolo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:37 am

WOW my post is gonna be a midget compared to ^

but he makes sense. my first(unreleased) mod was an AI mod, it took me a week. i didnt just import AI's though, i had vehicles shooting vehicles lol. and some of those(the hoverboard and the kestrel) had AI's in them. this was around 2007 though lol. so yeah, now this fourm is filled with mostly pros who look down at newbs with disgust. jk but no i find most noobs to be a bit obnoxous. but whatever, thats because they dont know about how this fourm works. i think we need to sticky a "READ THIS NOOBIES OR BE FLAMED" thread telling WHAT NOT TO DO. k im done.
Yarok wrote:There may be a giant dildo protruding from your forehead.

xM4JoRx

Post by xM4JoRx » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Sugarlumps wrote:Oh, I see its your first mod.

Let me point you in the right direction for releasing a mod...
First, you might want to give a more detailed description of the mod. Not with just 1 or 2 lines. Sometimes people go to the extent to type whole paragraphs!
Secondly, you DO know these are just links to the file in your hard drive ? We cannot view them, as we do not own your harddrive, and therefore cannot view them. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. A better solution is to upload your pictures to http://www.tinypic.com or any other picture hosting site. Once uploaded, simple copy and paste the link provided of the image itself into here, and add the tags if it doesn't have it already.
Third, 2 days for a mod...is okay i guess. Depends on how much effort put it though. I have a mod, uncompleted, and hasn't been touched since February. But I plan to release it anyways, sooner or later.

Lastly, (and this applies to the whole forum), please try to use correct grammar.

From what I gained from your description. You did a dependency swapping mod. That itself is not good enough. You might want to explore Mota, sorry, Meta-Editing, which will greatly help in modding. My first mod was using Sparky's CSS projectiles template, and projectile swaps. But I toned down damage, to ensure fair gameplay.
Would you want this as a mod?
3, 2, 1, Spawning. *BOOM* 3, 2, 1, Spawning. *BOOM*
"RAGEQUIT"

I think not? You could try damage editing, its quite easy to use Eschaton, if you can bother to read what each tagset does. HMT Plugins is the simplest, I recommend starting with it.

Oh, I'm not downloading, waiting for some proper pictures.

PS: This was not intended as a flame, just a push in the general direction.

Oh, also, click the picture in my signature to bring you to the Modding FAQ! A beginners guide written by my good friend Pielogist, I, and others mentioned there. I recommend check it out.

EDIT: 1337 post count O_O
i did not have time to make it a nice long ad cause i had to go to school
you gatta be kidin me

Sugarlumps
Ranger

Re: (MOD) random tag change

Post by Sugarlumps » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:41 pm

If you spend time making a "nice long ad", it will attract people's attention. You should know this isn't HDM, but a small group of members.
Click!