finally back

Everything about HD, MD, and their mods.

Moderator: Halo Moderators

Ninosmr.

finally back

Post by Ninosmr. » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:12 pm

hey, guys, i don't know if anyone still remembers me, but i am back, just got my own computer, and I can do whatever I want, so I'm back in modding!

If nobody remembers me, just delete this post

TaxiService
Night Stalker

Re: finally back

Post by TaxiService » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I am not sure if i remember you or not… but, what defines "you"? what am "I"? I somehow remember your nickname, and probably will remember more things associated with that name, but i have never truly known you in the first place! so, who knows?

Anyhow welcome back! Shit, let's mod stuff.
  • TaxiService! Shitposting since 2007!
MGM Sig

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:33 am

Hi again, ninosmr., and does your name mean Nino's Mister? I tend to pronounce it neenohz-meer.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ninosmr .

Post by Ninosmr . » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Actually, the mr is my last initials, and ninos is how i pronounced my name as a 2 year old. I should probably come up with a new nickname, but it's just nice to be called nino. I don't know why.

Anyway... i was playing around in gmod, and wanted to make something like the tool gun, but it would spawn warthogs or turrets, and it would replace the guns, you would just have to guess which one was which. if there was a way to make a max limit, that would be nice... and an npc spawner gun would also be cool, but every time i try, it doesn't work for some reason. i have been trying to find a way to export bsps of maps outside of halo, say, from TF2, so that i can play them in halo, but so far, no luck. I have also been working on a (painstakingly long) bitmap of the ghost, inspired by a car show I saw a few days ago. is there a way to make the graphics HD? or a way to install a texture pack support like the one for the HD minecraft ones? that would be really nice, as i am trying to take textures of blasted metal, etc. and cut them out and put them in place of the warthog body, turret, things like that. great to be back, and it's nice to know some people remembered me.

Vegerot
SEAL

Post by Vegerot » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:13 pm

They don't use the same engine, so it's gonna be harder than just extracting and importing.
Bunneh wrote:Now, please don't spam my newsfeed on how you need like 3 dildoes to make a giant dick statue on penisland or any of those other shitty facebook games.

Ninosmr.

Post by Ninosmr. » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:06 am

oh, dang. i guess i just have to make my own then :/

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Ninosmr, all the things you mentioned so far I have been working on recently.

Consider:

- Sparky's Bitmaps and Sounds Collection
- The fact that I know enough about the HEK system to make new sbsp tags from pretty much any pre-made source. It would make it easiest to find a program which can convert TF2 or any other terrain you want into any standard model file format. Look for that, and let me know if you find it. Then send me the link to the TF2 file and the tool which converts it and I'll see what I can do to bring it to Halo.
Either you are groping for answers, or you are asking God and listening to Jesus.

Ninosmr.

Post by Ninosmr. » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

Here is a folder with the bsp/ bsps of a map made for achievements. Maybe you can import them with halo hacking kit?
i could only find ways to convert models to tf2 format
http://www.mediafire.com/?g8uct4aciwii3gu

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:45 pm

OK I have great news, I can convert .bsp to .obj. I can convert any Valve game level to Halo level now. But I need access to the actual level files, not exported stuff. So if you want me to do that, then link me to an entire Valve game's level file.

EDIT: i'm dling TF2 now.

Ninosmr.

Post by Ninosmr. » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 pm

so, do you still need the files?

Sparky
Delta Force

Post by Sparky » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:39 am

No, but I need to know which level you're looking to convert to Halo.

Ninosmr.

Post by Ninosmr. » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 pm

any level really. actually, there is a map i have in gmod called gm_black mesa sigma which is this really amazing recreation of what black mesa might look like, but halo might not have the right graphics card.